• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I have a Winchester M1 Carbine, and Inland M1A1 Paratrooper and a Ruger Blackhawk in 30 Carbine. All are pretty fun to shoot. The rifles the 30 cal is pretty tame but in the Blackhawk it’s pretty danged loud!

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Passed on one of those in the LGS for $500 a few months back due to not having a bunch of disposable cash at the time. I already kind of regret it...if I end up with a carbine, I'm REALLY going to regret it!
    they are a little hard to find i feel your pain....

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Passed on one of those in the LGS for $500 a few months back due to not having a bunch of disposable cash at the time. I already kind of regret it...if I end up with a carbine, I'm REALLY going to regret it!
    Awhile back, I got out of AR's altogether (back in now) and I wound up trading all my 5.56 ammo to another INGOer for his 2K rounds of 30 carbine ammo. I'd kind of like to have one of the revolvers too!

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    As far as I know it's only used in the M1 carbine and there's also at least one revolver (Ruger I believe) chambered for it. SGAmmo has had Korean surplus ammo in stock for quite awhile. New manufacture is also available, but like most everything else now, not all that easy to find.

And S&B commercial (for a buck a round).

I may have about a half dozen 50cal cans filled with loose ball ammo in the flavor. I came across somebody that was trying to get rid of it because "there isn't much that it can be used in".

Um....OK....Let me help you out!

Hornady makes a round that works for deer. It is tougher to find now than it used to be.

Hulberr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2021
    Angola
    I have a post war civilian National Ordnance M1 Carbine, it's all military surplus parts except the receiver. But I am interested to see what Midway prices these at. NO M1 Carbine.jpg

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    I have accumulated 12 M1 carbines over the years, at least one of every manufacturer. I follow the forums concerning the carbine on a regular basis. Depending on the manufacturer, condition and originality of parts, the prices can run from about $1200 to $2000 (and up) on non imported rifles. Currently, like import marked rifles run several hundreds dollars less (don't ask me why). Postwar commercial productions (despite USGI parts) run even less than the import marked rifles. That all being said, this is a chance to own a piece of war production history. I will also venture a guess that the price point will be expensive!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I put my name on the mailing list. Thanks.
    I have one that I got from CMP. I wouldn't mind picking up another one or two.
    My dad got to use the '03 instead of them fancy guns.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I got the email and was instantly excited. Then I realized how excited I was about the 1911's that were coming back to the CMP and what a deal I'd hoped those would have been. I'd love to get my hands on one of these rifles, but I don't think they're going to be priced where I'd be interested. I'm going to guess they'll be at least $1,000. I miss the days of a service grade M1 being available from the CMP for $500 or less. I missed the boat.

laf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    Lafayette
    I put my name on the notify list. I'm expecting $1000 and up depending on manufacturer. I like they're etched instead of roll marked on the barrels. I've got a Blue Sky marked that probably came from Isreal based on sling and stock markings I paid $800 for back in 2016. Wasn't selected for the carbines that came out from CMP a couple years ago.

Tims87gn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    Floyds Knobs
    Thanks for the heads-up. I've resisted getting into another calibre, but since my grandfather carried one while with the 283rd FAB in Europe, I may have to try to get one!

Top Bottom