Supreme Court Justice Kennedy is retiring.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Chris Matthews is still on TV, now saying he thinks it's going to become the "Spanish Civil War" over Supreme Court fight.

Doesn't he know that the Anarchists and Communists lost that one? Or that the leader of the Nationalists used the victory as a springboard to the dictatorship they claim they fear

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Didn't Gowdy utter some sympathies for some "common sense gun measures" during the Parkland fall out? If my memory's correct, that's grounds for immediate no thanks.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I'll throw in with Thomas Lee, Associate Chief Justice of the Utah Supreme Court.

Actually, any Conservative that isn't from Harvard or Yale is a start.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It really is amazing that McConnell has been able to have such a success with regards to judges, all while managing an international cocaine-trafficking ring.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    No but seriously, where's our "increasingly violent, uncivil society" thread.

BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY.

DgvII2nU8AAsxlN.jpg:small

DgvII2mUYAEjwYD.jpg:small

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    And sorry for the triple post...I just hate to bury actual questions under large images...

Bader is 85, Breyer 79. Some saying there's potential for BOTH to be replaced during Trump's time.

I... can't see that happening... nor can I see the DNC letting that happen... nor can I see the judges letting that happen. They'll cling to life in a hospital if they need to, before giving the GOP a crazy majority in SCOTUS.

I can only imagine how uncivil things would get at that point. I could also see Trump maybe getting a "middle ground" judge for #3 and #4, if it came to that. It wouldn't necessarily be a good thing for one party to dominate SCOTUS. We wouldn't want an actual fascist situation arising.

Edit: To clarify... filling the court with ideologues, I mean. If they're straight-up Constitutional and fair, by all means. Shame only one party cares about the Constitution... it really does seem like a battle.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I'm inclined to believe that things will be OK. Lots of noise maybe an antifa parade, nothing like 1968 which I remember well.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Tony Katz explained it well this morning.

The conservative judges on the court judge, sometimes to the dismay of conservatives, but they do judge.

The liberal judges don't judge, they vote. Every single time they vote their ideology.

Top Bottom