• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I thought I would share my suppressed 458socom SBR build. It's been through many changes since I first bought the barrel, bolt and upper reciever from Fireball168 a couple years ago. It started out as a 16", unthreaded, carbine gas rifle, I've since cut it down to 10.5", pistol gas, threaded 11/16-24. The barrel is now on Noveske chainsaw receivers, with a 9" NSR rail, Magpul STR stock, Haley Thorntail keymod light mount with inforce WML.

The suppressor is a Lane Scorpion 458 from Orion Arms, it's mono-core, all stainless, user serviceable and for a great price! Boomstick was great to work with, he was able to get my efile done when the NFA site was having all those issues, thank you Sir! :ingo:

The video is shooting 300gr lead super-sonic rounds, it's was just a little louder than shooting a 22lr rifle, not bad at all IMHO.

[video=youtube_share;InYw3_ap1lw]http://youtu.be/InYw3_ap1lw[/video]

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Big thanks to Andrew at ProFire, I was able to pick up some Trail Boss powder and 405gr RNFP lead bullets today.

[video=youtube_share;DXRRawxgPE8]http://youtu.be/DXRRawxgPE8[/video]

Last edited:

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Well done, man. Your loads are a little lighter than my carbine loads. Glad they worked out.

If you're cycling, you're getting way better back pressure than I was. Congrats !!

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Last edited:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I love my .458 but it sounds like unless you hand load there's little chance of getting a subsonic, suppressed .458 to work correctly. :(

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Those poor squirrels aren't going to know what hit them

I have a ground squirrel/chipmunk problem, I'm figuring I can shoot and bury them at the same time! :laugh:

I love my .458 but it sounds like unless you hand load there's little chance of getting a subsonic, suppressed .458 to work correctly. :(

Any of the 500+ grain loads should be subsonic and run great, I know SBR had some listed a few weeks ago. Better yet, just get with Andrew and the guys at Profire, I think they could get ya fixed up. :thumbsup:

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Had the chance to go a little longer range this weekend, still using the primary arms micro red dot, held over around 9moa and was getting good hits.

[video=youtube_share;EP3BXHLc5u8]http://youtu.be/EP3BXHLc5u8[/video]

Those were 300gr lead, loaded with Hodgdon TrailBoss, velocity was 1050 fps average.

TheUziButton

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Had the chance to go a little longer range this weekend, still using the primary arms micro red dot, held over around 9moa and was getting good hits.

[video=youtube_share;EP3BXHLc5u8]http://youtu.be/EP3BXHLc5u8[/video]

Those were 300gr lead, loaded with Hodgdon TrailBoss, velocity was 1050 fps average.

That sounds incredible!

Top Bottom