• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The son of a former Packers great is seeking the safe return of his father’s Super Bowl II ring, Scott Venci of the Green Bay Press-Gazette reports.

Mike wore the ring on a recent road trip with his family, making a stop at a BP gas station in Greensburg, Indiana. The family believes it was lost at the gas station.

Mike Kostelnik is offering a $5,000 reward.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    It’s gone. He might get lucky since it’s indiana and most people here are good folks, but I doubt it.

Hope he does. Having something like that from your dad would be awesome.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It is a relatively easy item to identify if someone does go to sell it. If it hits the auction block it will be found easily. These are something that buyers want to brag about having so even buying it down low and keeping it private would really diminish the value. Could a big collector buy it? Yes. But it could not be exposed without risk.

If it was found they are better off just taking the reward...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    From the story I watched on WTHR it sounds like it was stolen out of his center console of his vehicle rather than just "lost". If that's the case, his chances of getting it back would be pretty slim I think.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I was wondering. How would you lose a ring like that? Take it off to wash your hands? Moron, water won't hurt it. Slipped off your hand? Why wasn't it sized properly? And I would think that is heavy.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I was wondering. How would you lose a ring like that? Take it off to wash your hands? Moron, water won't hurt it. Slipped off your hand? Why wasn't it sized properly? And I would think that is heavy.
    I actually tried on a Super Bowl 2 ring (Jerry Kramer's). It's big and heavy but not nearly as big and heavy as the newer ones. The newer the bigger and gawdier.

I've tried on 17 of the Super Bowl rings so far. Always asked former SB winners who I have run into (mostly at super bowls) if I can try it on and not one has said no so far.

I have tried all the Packers rings, all the Pitts rings, first three Cowboys, the first Chiefs, bears, one Giants, Colts, Dolphins, first Broncos.

I wish I had pictures of them all but sadly do not. Only have the Colts one that I tried on this past summer.

Top Bottom