2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2020
    Brownsburg

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I bought one used. First mag through it the receiver cracked. Sent it in and they replaced it. Sold it as soon as I got it back.

DMTJAGER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2020
    WHITING
    I have a 2000 Gen 2 and absolutely unashamedly love it. No other firearm I originally bought that I suffered almost instant buyers remorse ever turned out to be so satisfying and proved my fears to be utterly unwarranted.

I had always wanted a small compact carbine for road trips and vacations for a way to have a more capable defense than just my HR if ever the need should arise. The only real option I had was the Kel-Tec 2000 G2.

About 13-15 months ago stumbled across an internet sale on K/T 2000 G2's at a price I simply could't pass on and in a moment of pure impulsive buying ordered one. Once I had it in my hands I was less than impressed. I was most disappointed in the sights. I was sure they would be less than useful much past 35-40 yards. I cleaned it well folded it and put it in the back corner of my safe. Honestly I forgot I had it.

Went to the range 2 weeks ago for an all day range session with my boys. My one son suggested I bring the K/T-2000G2 with to finally get t sighted in so we could take it with on future vacations and road trips. Bear in mind I also own a Ruger PC9 that went with as well. Eight or nine 17 round mags and eight 33 round mags later and I was hopelessly in love with the little Kel-Tec Sun 2000 G2.

Shot 1.5-2" 25 yard 5 shot groups, averaged 4" 5 shot groups at 50 yards. From the bench was able to hit the 10" steel plates at 75 yards and under with ease. Fed it 400+ rounds total in a mix of Federal 115/124 FMJ, Winchester 115/124 FMG and Winchester Nato 124 FMJ, Remington 115/FMJ, Sellar & Bellot 115FMJ, Herters 115/FMJ, Browning 147FMJ, Spreer 115FMJ, and a mix of 124 Speer GD's, Fed HST 124 along with FMJ and had absolutely zero issues what so ever.

I simply can not find fault with this little power house. Shoots great, was very affordable, is more than minuet of bad guy accurate, and very reliable, extraordinarily pack-able and can be discreetly carried almost anywhere I go on vacation.
    Can not be happier with it.

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    I always thought pcc were just stupid, after thinking about it well I would just like to try one. I bought the new gen2 when they came out only because they were cheap and still thought it was just ridiculous to have a pcc.
    Well got it shot maybe 50 rounds and huh now that’s fun stuff right there. So off to mcarbo got all the goodness and bought a red dot for it with a quick mount and have to say it’s a fantastic runner. Have never had a problem ftf or fte. Only thing need to replace is the feed ramp and mcarbo new sights.
    It travels with me when on the road. Lesson learned as coach says, you don’t know what you don’t know.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    you think it could have been the previous owner's fault it cracked, but also, good on Keltec for fixing it

Hard to say. I knew them personally, he was a gun guy so I doubt it was abused. I called in and talked to someone from the LE side, hopefully they treat their normal customers as well as they did me. My only Kel Tec product, Id consider another one but with all the good PCC options out there now I’m not sure what it does better than the competition.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I got a Gen2 a few years back to use as an AK hiking gun. Ended up just carrying the 44Mag. 9mm out of a PCC might just **** off a bear.

I hated the thing at 1st but have grown to appreciate it for what it is. A small compact PCC that goes anywhere. I shipped it to my dad in FL, flew to FL, bought some 9mm and drove my parents back to IN. ATL was a horrid place & had frequent interstate blockades. I was not going to allow my elderly family, who needs regular medical attention, to be stranded by a bunch of Marxist thugs. And we almost did get trapped. Thanks to Waze, I exited and went around the blockade.

I've begrudgingly left it all stock even though the front sight is a bit canted. Maybe I'll fix that someday & I won't be so annoyed by this great little thing.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I’ve had mine 3-4 years with a few thousand rounds through it. Mine is the .40cal version. Mags get shared with my Glock 22. I have a foam tube cover and the buffer cushion. Only thing I don’t like about the buffer cushion is you can’t lock the bolt open anymore. I bought the KT padded case for it and it lives in my go bag in my truck. Original 10rd mag lives in the gun with 3 of the big mags (25-30rd) Loaded also in the case. Also have three backup mags in truck for my Glock 22.
    It can be a bit snappy but it shoots amazingly well with the crappy sights. I like taking it on the pistol steel range at MCF&G. So easy to go from plate to plate ringing away!

Matt

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I’ve had mine 3-4 years with a few thousand rounds through it. Mine is the .40cal version. Mags get shared with my Glock 22. I have a foam tube cover and the buffer cushion. Only thing I don’t like about the buffer cushion is you can’t lock the bolt open anymore. I bought the KT padded case for it and it lives in my go bag in my truck. Original 10rd mag lives in the gun with 3 of the big mags (25-30rd) Loaded also in the case. Also have three backup mags in truck for my Glock 22.
    It can be a bit snappy but it shoots amazingly well with the crappy sights. I like taking it on the pistol steel range at MCF&G. So easy to go from plate to plate ringing away!

Matt

Man I wish I had .40 versions of my carbines.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    Man I wish I had .40 versions of my carbines.
    I had a Glock 17 and was wanting one in 9mm but couldn’t be found. PSS had this one at a great price so I took it home. Soon after did a trade with a fellow INGOer my 17 for his 23. Not long after letting my grandson shoot the 23 he was begging for me to sell it to him. I sold it to him and went back to PSS with a couple extra $100s and got me the Glock 22 I really wanted.

Matt

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    So glad I was able to pick one of these up in the low 300s pre-panic or right at the start of the panic online. I had one a few years ago and loved it. 223/556 is really hard to find and I have a lot more 9mm than I do 223/556. I also have a G19 that shares magazines with the s2k.

roisigns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Oct 5, 2011
    cincy
    Loved the mag interchangeability. Loved the folding aspect. Had alot of jam problems (10%) possibly due to not putting butt hard against shoulder. Too long to be a pistol too short to have 100 yard range. No longer own. Loved the innovation.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Loved the mag interchangeability. Loved the folding aspect. Had alot of jam problems (10%) possibly due to not putting butt hard against shoulder. Too long to be a pistol too short to have 100 yard range. No longer own. Loved the innovation.

What generation do you have? Gen 2? I know Gen 1 had ejection issues due to the smaller size ejection port.

Top Bottom