• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    This weekend on the southwest side of Indianapolis!

3912 W Minnesota St
    Indianapolis, IN 46241

$6 admission

Kids 12 and under = FREE!

Parking = FREE!

No idea how many tables or the quality thereof but I'm sure someone will chime in soon.

Keep our local gun culture alive by attending shows near you, even if you may not buy anything! For just $6 and a gallon of gas, you will certainly be entertained, at the least. Worst case, think about all the stupid things you had to do to make your wife happy last weekend. :D

friend-promo-300x225.png

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    What exactly does this mean? No concealed carry?

NO LOADED FIREARMS IN THE BUILDING

Yep. I'm no expert, having only been to a couple gun shows, both in the last couple years. But both times, they made us drop our CCW mag, rack the chambered round out, and ran a zip tie through the chamber to prevent reloading. I think the fear of too many idiots unholstering their weapon and accidentally discharging into the crowd is too great, maybe?

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    What exactly does this mean? No concealed carry?

NO LOADED FIREARMS IN THE BUILDING

It means exactly what it says. It's a requirement at all gun shows (the ones that carry insurance anyway). Too many people would start trying holsters, magazines and accessories with loaded guns. The average person really lacks proper firearms handling skills.
    That being said, if you have a loaded concealed weapon and you keep it concealed, nobody will know.

FYI, they also prohibit loaded magazines.

Jont22

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 24, 2019
    Morgan County
    Thanks guys.

Wasn’t sure if it was just for liability in case someone brought in something to sell without ensuring it was unloaded.

Johnk

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Mooresville
    Gonna go tomorrow God willing and the Creek don't rise. Wife's crazy family coming today.
    Looking for obscure ammo: 303 British & 7.5 Swiss.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    I don't know what the snack bar burnt this morning, but that smoke made my stomach turn.

As always it was fascinating to dig through the weird ammo selection of https://www.indianagunowners.com/members/brians-surplus.45042/

Always get a kick out of seeing calibers I haven't seen in years, plus. Polish Surplus 9mm Para

^
    Cooking kydex has a distinctive smell.

Some deals on ammo, close to online without shipping and tax.

Some surplus m590A1’s at a steal!!! 230-250-290.00 making their way through on the back wall along with the last of the 870’s with surefire.

For the most part,
    You guys that set up or tote your gear around, Unless it’s something rare, or just slightly harder to find you cannot set your prices at or above retail.
    You might
    get lucky with the new shooter or the local group of thugs that seem to be pouring in…but the crap is getting redundant.

I guess it’s better then no show at all.

PSA Receivers 65-70
    Used COLT SPORTERS 1450.00 1500
    SKS 1000-1500
    54r Ball 450-575
    PMAGS 17
    KUSA 12 10 rd mag 55$

The space needed at these shows seem to go un noticed. Our fellow patriots in wheel chairs, canes or other disabilities CANNOT get through comfortably without causing a jam. This is disappointing and not fair to them and others who might not be so compassionate or respectful.
    Open another room, remove non firearms related vendors or another building, with an increasing amount of new shooters this isn’t working during prime time.
    With a couple thousand in my pocket I made one lap and left.

Last edited:

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I dunno, the cute puppy booth keeps the women folk entertained 15 times longer then anything else there.

Whoever brought them is an genius lol. Got to shop for gun stuff in peace today :p

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    ^
    Cooking kydex has a distinctive smell.

Some deals on ammo, close to online without shipping and tax.

Some surplus m590A1’s at a steal!!! 230-250-290.00 making their way through on the back wall along with the last of the 870’s with surefire.

For the most part,
    You guys that set up or tote your gear around, Unless it’s something rare, or just slightly harder to find you cannot set your prices at or above retail.
    You might
    get lucky with the new shooter or the local group of thugs that seem to be pouring in…but the crap is getting redundant.

I guess it’s better then no show at all.

PSA Receivers 65-70
    Used COLT SPORTERS 1450.00 1500
    SKS 1000-1500
    54r Ball 450-575
    PMAGS 17
    KUSA 12 10 rd mag 55$

The space needed at these shows seem to go un noticed. Our fellow patriots in wheel chairs, canes or other disabilities CANNOT get through comfortably without causing a jam. This is disappointing and not fair to them and others who might not be so compassionate or respectful.
    Open another room, remove non firearms related vendors or another building, with an increasing amount of new shooters this isn’t working during prime time.
    No offense to any dealers but the ones at that show have always been high. When FN had their FN series 9mm (before that 509) for like 400 everywhere s dude had some that must have been magical at 795!

Funny you see those dudes cart their same stuff at several gun shows.

I did score some Hogue grips for cheaper than I can order to give m K frame some love

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

I have the same feeling, and I'm relatively thin and able bodied. I went last month and there was barely enough room for two to squeeze past each other.
    The only consolation is this show is only $6 and 10 mins from my house. So no complaints there.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I went yesterday and left empty handed. It was still fun and somewhat crowded. I did notice how narrow the aisles are and some I had to skip due to "traffic jams"
    I may go back this morning and re-walk it too see if there is anything I cannot live without.

Top Bottom