• ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    18th largest bank in the US.

Credit Suisse has fallen from the 9th largest bank in the world to below the top 50. The money from the Fed,US treasury,and IMF only purchased a few months of liquidity. It is still suffering more losses not just in depositors but held assets(article is from today 3/10/2023).

and yes US banks are still borrowing 2.2+ Trillion every day.

This should give you an idea of how healthy US banks are.
    repo.jpg

Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    FDIC just stepped in moments ago and shut down Silicon Valley for liquidation.

As we noted before, while the FDIC noted that SVIB had $175BN in deposits as of Dec 31, note that some $151.5BN of these are uninsured, which means they get exactly zero although a sizable number of them likely pulled their deposits in the past few days.

And just like that SVB is no more: a historic collapse which in many ways was faster than Lehman, and which has seen SIVB stock plunge from $763 to 0 in 16 months.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    To add to the SVB chaos Wells Fargo has been having issues since 5am with many accounts having a negative balance, when they should be positive. Some accounts have no link to the missing funds, they just vanished without any actual withdraws. 4th largest US bank.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    It’s possible the point is that if bankers would have paid more attention to making sound investments for the long term instead of paying attention to ‘equality’ issues, they might be in better shape.
    It was a bank run tied to interest rates in US Treasuries. It's fair to question why they had so much capital tied up in low yield government debt, but is not like they were pissing money away in BS ESG nonsense caused it.

Vivek made it clear on his Twitter account he is either an idiot, or trying to pander to the lowest common denominator in the party.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    It was a bank run tied to interest rates in US Treasuries. It's fair to question why they had so much capital tied up in low yield government debt, but is not like they were pissing money away in BS ESG nonsense caused it.

Vivek made it clear on his Twitter account he is either an idiot, or trying to pander to the lowest common denominator in the party.
    The US Treasuries and the run it led to was the straw that broke the camels back. They donated 18 million to ESG causes in 2022 and invested 5 billion(in 4 ESG groups,including WEF by their own filings). Those ESG investments have all lost money. In 2021 they were the 14th largest bank,after 2022 esg losses they were 18th. They had 399 billion in client funds invested in ESG(per their own report). It lost money for most of 2022.

They were close to a billion short in client deposits at the time of closure(it will likely end up being many billions short).

2022 4th quarter results. Like I said,the final run due to them selling treasuries at a 1 billion dollar+ loss to raise capitol was due to the companies poor performance. They lost 33 BILLION in Q4 2022.

Without new large deposits they were negative cash flow for most of the last 3 years. ESG investments played a HUGE role in their downfall.

Toss in the CEO selling all their own shares a few days before the collapse. He had been selling all his shares since January 26th(well before the treasuries sale). 5 total lots. He had zero shares when it was closed.

It does appear most of their depositors were well off ESG fans. Maybe losing money will correct their mentality.

Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Likely the next. Signature bank looks to open down more than 22% (if trading in it is not stopped at the opening bell I would be surprised). The volume is thousands of times above the daily average in after hours trading.

Last edited:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    It was a bank run tied to interest rates in US Treasuries. It's fair to question why they had so much capital tied up in low yield government debt,
    We agree on this…
    but is not like they were pissing money away in BS ESG nonsense caused it.
    Are we sure about this?
    I’m only following from a 50,000’ view, but that lowest common denominator thing had been talked about for years - decades, actually, as being our downfall. The pandering has turned into reality.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Someone said to watch for the other shoe...
    I think it must be YE(Adidas) brand as there are lots of shoes falling.

A boatload of biotech firms.

Solar and wind companies.

Many ESG ETF funds.

2100 or so startups that just lost the ability to make payroll.

This one I LoLed.
    Vox Media, the publisher of New York Magazine and The Verge, has a substantial concentration of cash at Silicon Valley Bank

Headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif., SVB Financial Group (Nasdaq: SIVB) operates through 26 offices in the U.S. and international operations in China, India, Israel and the United Kingdom.

Airbnb, DoorDash and Dropbox

It is a disturbance in the farce. As if 209 billion ESG voices just went silent.

Last edited:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Someone said to watch for the other shoe...
    I think it must be YE(Adidas) brand as there are lots of shoes falling.

A boatload of biotech firms.

Solar and wind companies.

Many ESG ETF funds.

2100 or so startups that just lost the ability to make payroll.

This one I LoLed.
    Vox Media, the publisher of New York Magazine and The Verge, has a substantial concentration of cash at Silicon Valley Bank

It is a disturbance in the farce. As if 209 billion ESG voices just went silent.
    It’s amazing reading that and people saying “well we only have about 10 million in exposure over insured limits” - I can’t fathom how much money is out there that people are playing with.

But what I’m really interested in is if we are past the point of some Congress critter saying “to big to fail” and going down that path?

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    It’s amazing reading that and people saying “well we only have about 10 million in exposure over insured limits” - I can’t fathom how much money is out there that people are playing with.

But what I’m really interested in is if we are past the point of some Congress critter saying “to big to fail” and going down that path?
    Well they may,after all almost half of the California wine industry banked with them. If you like wine from California today would likely be a good day to stock up. Some of those wineries will not exist next week.

They already had an emergency hearing with the FDIC yesterday. I do not think it will get bailed out.

**edit spoke to soon. Apparently the Bank of London values ESG or is to heavily involved in SVB to let the British branch collapse.

Last edited:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Well they may,after all almost half of the California wine industry banked with them. If you like wine from California today would likely be a good day to stock up. Some of those wineries will not exist next week.

They already had an emergency hearing with the FDIC yesterday. I do not think it will get bailed out.
    I stopped drinking when I was 17 so I'm completely immune from this whole mess!
    I'm also poor so that helps too.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I stopped drinking when I was 17 so I'm completely immune from this whole mess!
    I'm also poor so that helps too.
    The list of those exposed to SVB keeps growing. I am just rolling laughing because nearly every name are woke companies heavily invested in ESG and CRT.

Shopify, ZipRecruiter...now added. The list is getting longer by the minute. Also a boat load of non-profits that have supported nothing but democrats,blm,crt,and woke culture(what ever the current "thing" was/is).

This is an epic blood letting of woke culture.

I can not help but laugh.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    oldfish15
    Top Bottom