• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Senator Bob Menendez of NJ charged with accepting bribes, a search of his house turns up gold bars and 500K in cash.

Wonder if he will do any time?
    On its face, I say "so?"

I had no idea maintaining physical financial assets means you are guilty, or that those assets are automatically nefarious.

[rhetorical]
    How many here have significant stockpiles of fiancial assets stashed for the unthinkable? Are you guilty of illegal acts or corruption simply because you have some cash and precious metals too? /rhetorical

This is simply an attempt to use greed/jealousy to paint him as evil to the common man.

For my assumption, how much is too much if you are holding physical assets?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    On its face, I say "so?"

I had no idea maintaining physical financial assets means you are guilty, or that those assets are automatically nefarious.

[rhetorical]
    How many here have significant stockpiles of fiancial assets stashed for the unthinkable? Are you guilty of illegal acts or corruption simply because you have some cash and precious metals too? /rhetorical

This is simply an attempt to use greed/jealousy to paint him as evil to the common man.

It seems to be the case even for the common man with forfeiture laws…

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    On its face, I say "so?"

[rhetorical]

Well, I haven't seen the details. Leadeye said he was charged with accepting bribes. He didn't say he was charged because they found the gold bars and cash.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Well, I haven't seen the details. Leadeye said he was charged with accepting bribes. He didn't say he was charged because they found the gold bars and cash.
    Right. Its all about optics. Like mentioning offhand some ancient unrelated criminal charge in his past.

But what upstanding person keeps that much on hand? (He must have gotten that illegally. No honest person keeps that much on hand.)
    or
    Who needs that much ammo? (he must be a future mass shooter or violent crackpot)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Right. Its all about optics. Like mentioning offhand some ancient unrelated criminal charge in his past.

But what upstanding person keeps that much on hand? (He must have gotten that illegally. No honest person keeps that much on hand.)
    or
    Who needs that much ammo? (he must be a future mass shooter or violent crackpot)
    Well, there's this from the article above...

"According to the indictment, searches of Menendez’ home and safe deposit box that federal agents conducted in 2022 turned up nearly $500,000 in cash, including in envelopes inside jackets emblazoned with Menendez’s name.

Prosecutors say some of the envelopes had the fingerprints or DNA of one of the business contacts from whom the senator is accused of taking bribes.

The federal investigators who searched Menendez’s home also found a “luxury vehicle paid for by [Jose] Uribe parked in the garage,” as well as home furnishings from other business contacts and gold bars.
    "

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    The federal investigators who searched Menendez’s home also found a “luxury vehicle paid for by [Jose] Uribe parked in the garage,” as well as home furnishings from other business contacts and gold bars."
    Did his "Luxury Vehicle " happen to be a Corvette ? Wonder if the envelopes of cash and gold bars were in a box next to his car in the garage ..........( Oh wait ..............wrong criminal )

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    more relevant would be how politicians making $200,000 /yr - would have $10,000,000 after 4 years in office
    Robert Menendez (born January 1, 1954) is an American lawyer and politician serving as the senior United States senator from New Jersey, a seat he has held since 2006. A member of the Democratic Party, he was first appointed to the U.S. Senate by Governor Jon Corzine, and chaired the United States Senate Committee on Foreign Relations from 2013 to 2015, and again since 2021.

In 1974, at the age of 20, Menendez was elected to the Union City School District's Board of Education. He received degrees from Saint Peter's University and Rutgers Law School. In 1986, he was elected mayor of Union City. In 1988, while continuing to serve as mayor, he was elected to represent the state's 33rd district in the New Jersey General Assembly and, within three years, moved to the New Jersey Senate, upon winning the March 1991 special election for the 33rd Senate district. The next year, Menendez won a seat in the House of Representatives and represented New Jersey's 13th congressional district for six two-year terms, from 1993 to 2006. In January 2006, he was appointed to fill the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by Jon Corzine (who had been elected governor of New Jersey), and was elected to a full six-year term in November; he was reelected in 2012 and 2018.

A lifetime of graft more likely…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Wasn't he already on trial for something and beat that?
    In 2015, Menendez was indicted on federal corruption charges; the jury was unable to reach a verdict, and the charges were dropped in 2018. In April 2018, the United States Senate Select Committee on Ethics "severely admonished" Menendez for accepting gifts from donor Salomon Melgen without obtaining committee approval, for failing to disclose certain gifts, and for using his position as a senator to advance Melgen's interests.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    On its face, I say "so?"

[rhetorical]

I guess you have never been hounded by the BLUE forces in your local community or state. It is very common to loose cash/cars/homes/collectibles ect by our brothers in BLUE using the following.

Not bashing BLUE brothers on this forum but I hope you don't use the above enforcing the government's will on the people.

Top Bottom