• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    Hey folks.. Saw an ad today for Virginia Non-resident Permit training. I have no problem with taking an online safety course and shelling out a few bucks if it makes me legal in more places (aside from the obvious shouldn't need it because 2A issue). Just wondering if the VA Non-res adds anything to the IN, LTCH I already have.

Who Dares Wins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Plainfield
    When I checked into this, the Utah Non-Resident permit gets the most states and is less expensive to renew. You need face to face UT specific training, but several training classes are available in Indiana. I then got Arizona to cover New Mexico and I am thinking this is the best combo with an IN LTCH. Now Florida does cover as many states as Utah, but slightly different states needs evidence of some "training" and costs more to renew. This was all true ~5 or so years ago, but I don't think it will have changed.

Here are a few links if you want to dig into it.

Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps - USA Carry

Handgunlaw.us : CCW Map

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/travel/

Florida Concealed Weapon License Application Information - Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services

http://bci.utah.gov/concealed-firearm/how-do-i-apply-for-a-concealed-firearm-permit/

Last edited:

JDG

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2017
    LaPorte County
    I will be traveling to WI at the end of the month. I see that WI now honors IN permits. The big question is what about the portion of my trip through Illinois?

Roly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I moved to Indy less than a year ago from New Jersey, be thankful you can get a license to own and carry. Took almost a year in NJ to get a owners permit, it's IMPOSSIBLE to get a carry permit and they have the STRICTEST laws on handling a gun. If you decide to go to the range, you need to separate the gun, ammo and clips in 3 different compartments and not in the same bag. When you leave for the range or for home from the range, you need to make a straight path and no stopping for gas or fast-food. God forbid some idiot rear-ends you while you're at the drive thru at White Castle and the cops find out you have a gun in your car .... trust me you will be arrested. You can't even buy an air gun without a permit.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I moved to Indy less than a year ago from New Jersey, be thankful you can get a license to own and carry. Took almost a year in NJ to get a owners permit, it's IMPOSSIBLE to get a carry permit and they have the STRICTEST laws on handling a gun. If you decide to go to the range, you need to separate the gun, ammo and clips in 3 different compartments and not in the same bag. When you leave for the range or for home from the range, you need to make a straight path and no stopping for gas or fast-food. God forbid some idiot rear-ends you while you're at the drive thru at White Castle and the cops find out you have a gun in your car .... trust me you will be arrested. You can't even buy an air gun without a permit.

Relative freedom feels good, huh?

OutdoorsGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2017
    Greenwood
    I definitely couldn't live in NJ. I'm originally from MS and you can still drive around with guns on display. Remember the window gun hangers for the back window of trucks? You see them all the time but not as much as when I was a kid due to thefts.

How can we know what states allow IN permits if traveling from state to state? Do you all simply keep the latest copy (print out) in your vehicles?

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    I definitely couldn't live in NJ. I'm originally from MS and you can still drive around with guns on display. Remember the window gun hangers for the back window of trucks? You see them all the time but not as much as when I was a kid due to thefts.

How can we know what states allow IN permits if traveling from state to state? Do you all simply keep the latest copy (print out) in your vehicles?

Go here Handgunlaw.us Its the best resource I know.

Gary Slider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    I hope I did this right. Here is a map that shows you what states honor Indiana.

Attachments

• INGunOwners.png
      INGunOwners.png
      14.4 KB · Views: 71

Gary Slider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Indiana will issues non-resident permits to someone who owns a business or works in Indiana. Colorado, Florida, Michigan, New Hampshire and Maine by their statutes will only honor Permit/Licenses issued to Residents of Indiana. Those holding an Indiana Non-Resident Permit can not legally carry with their Non-Resident IN Licenses in those states.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I was thinking South Carolina was in the process of making some changes that would recognize our LTCH? I'm guessing that fizzled out?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I hope I did this right. Here is a map that shows you what states honor Indiana.

Unchanged from May of 2016:

States that recognize IN LTCH
    States that recognize IN LTCH, resident only

AL, AK, AZ, AR, CO, FL, GA, ID,
    IN, IA, KS, KY, LA,
    ME, MI, MS,
    MO, MT,
    NH, NC, ND, OH, OK, PA,
    SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WV, WI, WY.

States that do not recognize IN LTCH
    States that do not recognize IN LTCH based solely on where the carrier actually lives.

CA, CT, DE, HI, IL, MD,
    MA, MN, NE, NV, NJ, NM,
    NY,
    OR, RI, SC, WA

Blessings,
    Bill

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Unchanged from May of 2016:

States that recognize IN LTCH
    States that recognize IN LTCH, resident only

AL, AK, AZ, AR, CO, FL, GA, ID,
    IN, IA, KS, KY, LA,
    ME, MI, MS,
    MO, MT,
    NH, NC, ND, OH, OK, PA,
    SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WV, WI, WY.

States that do not recognize IN LTCH
    States that do not recognize IN LTCH based solely on where the carrier actually lives.

CA, CT, DE, HI, IL, MD,
    MA, MN, NE, NV, NJ, NM,
    NY,
    OR, RI, SC, WA

Blessings,
    Bill
    Most of the 17 that don't recognize our LTCH, the left and east coasts plus People's Republic of Illinois aren't surprising. SC doesn't really look like it goes there, neither does NE but Omaha and Lincoln probably drive that.

Top Bottom