• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TMD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Owen County, IN
    It's the lack of a training requirement and / or picture on the ID that seems to kill our LTCH from being honored in those states outside of the coastal "Occupied Territory" where none of us expect our permits to be honored anyway.

Redlinetoys

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2016
    Northern Indiana
    I downloaded an app for a couple of bucks...... "ccw" in the Apple app store. Very impressed with it. It shows all the states and who they honor and local laws..very handy while traveling.

this sounds like a good deal. Will check it out. Will be interesting if it consistently stays up to date!

Gary Slider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    I noticed that I hadn't sent you a new map for who honors Indiana. The only change is PA will only honor the IN Resident Permit. PA AG made all the changes so PA will not honor any states Permit that isn't issued to a resident of the state they honor.

Attachments

• INGunOwers.png
      INGunOwers.png
      15.2 KB · Views: 32

John3354

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 29, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    I noticed that I hadn't sent you a new map for who honors Indiana. The only change is PA will only honor the IN Resident Permit. PA AG made all the changes so PA will not honor any states Permit that isn't issued to a resident of the state they honor.

I would also be interested in a map that would show reciprocity if you also had a Utah carry permit and perhaps a list of states that you get that a IN carry permit would not get you.

It looks like, from my information that a Utah non-resident carry permit will get you Nebraska and Nevada and that is it. Is that correct?

Gary Slider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    John, Right click on the map and download it to your computer. Then open it with Microsoft Paint. Little program that comes with windows. If you don't have windows go to Handgunlaw.us and click on the Initials UT on the Main page map and open the Utah Page. Right Click the map and down load it to your computer then you will have them.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I was thinking a year or two ago South Carolina was about to change their rules so that IN's LTCH would be honored. I guess that floundered?

HoosierMyk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2018
    Indianapolis
    As someone who recently got a lifetime cc license, I really appreciate this kind of post. It’s simple information but very valuable. I’d much rather look at a map and know, than go through a list.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So........... what if you move to FL permanently? Gotta get their Permit?
    Excellent question. If you change your state of residence then you have to get a license/permit for the state in which you are a resident. There is a definite disconnect here, particularly when is state recognizes you are a lawful carrier of a handgun One minute, then you show up at the license branch with a birth certificate, Social Security card, electric bill and car insurance with your new address. Now you’ve changed your state of residence and have to go through the whole process of getting a new handgun license again.

I still think getting a 90 day grace period from when you get your new drivers license to lawfully carry a handgun on your previous states license is a win. It moves the sticks closer for going for constitutional carry also.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    So........... what if you move to FL permanently? Gotta get their Permit?

Depends. Do you want to carry in Fl? Or any other state that recognizes Fl but not IN license/permit or only recognizes resident/licenses permits? If so yes. But either way if you have a LTCH make sure to update your address with the ISP within either 60 or 90 days, forget which one.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    I heard the lifetime LTCH is going away.

July 2020 the fee for the lifetime has been waived/ abolished and you will only pay the processing fees. It would be odd to pass this legislation if they were going to do away with it completely. Ive heard these rumors since I received my lifetime in 2006.

Top Bottom