• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I just drove by another polling location in south east Marion county. It is a big mega church, and the parking lot has a lot of cars. Turnout is looking pretty impressive in suburbia. Could this finally be the turnout needed to get rid of Andre Carson?

The only thing that will get rid of him is a runaway bus to flatten him like Wile E Coyote, or a lucrative lobbyist position where he can make even more $$.

This thread gives me an idea about how we could improve the accuracy and efficiency of voting. If voting were tallied from a computer readable printout, it really doesn't matter how the printout is generated as long as it conforms to some standard, and you can verify that it reflects your choices. The state could offer a web site to let people print their own ballots, which voters could print for themselves at their own timing. For voters who don't have the equipment or don't wish to do it at home, could do it at the voting place. Any computer that can connect to the internet, run a browser, and print, could be used to create the ballots.

Your printed ballot would have your selections printed in both human and computer readable form. You take your ballot to your voting place, get ID'd, and scan your own ballot into a reader. The reader would display your choices which you could verify against your paper ballot, and once you approve you commit your vote and put your paper printout into the ballot box as the paper record.

Too many variables. Seriously. Low ink, wrong kind of paper, etc. Didnt notice you accidentally printed it on the back of your kid's artwork? Wrinkled in your purse during transport and now the machine is jammed because it gummed up the works. (and you have now disenfranchised everyone in line behind you)

Nice idea but no. It creates a whole nother set of issues.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The only thing that will get rid of him is a runaway bus to flatten him like Wile E Coyote, or a lucrative lobbyist position where he can make even more $$.

Too many variables. Seriously. Low ink, wrong kind of paper, etc. Didnt notice you accidentally printed it on the back of your kid's artwork? Wrinkled in your purse during transport and now the machine is jammed because it gummed up the works. (and you have now disenfranchised everyone in line behind you)

Nice idea but no. It creates a whole nother set of issues.

LOL, I actually thought about people printing ballots on their kid's homework. I was thinking book report.

There would need to be standards. If the ballot printout doesn't meet standards, they can go use one of the computers at the polling place to do it over.

The biggest problem I see with it is retention of the printed ballot. Inkjet printed output doesn't deal well with moisture. If the ballot box is subjected to moisture, the printed ballots could be ruined. But anyway, the point is that it really doesn't matter how the ballot is printed as long as the output is readable and retainable. The latter could be remedied by having your printed ballot scanned and then have the reader print the ballot that is actually retained. You can then discard or keep your own ballot.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    IOpfZjs.jpg

Cast mine.

Line was really short when I got there but people started pouring in just as I was leaving. I see a lot of red shirts.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I stood in line for 2 hours, next to a 93 year old woman, who was a blast. The first time she voted, she voted for Dewey. I picked her mind the entire time we stood in line. We talked about where she was born, the war, her deceased Navy Aviator husband, and how she's seen the world change. I feel my life is richer for having met her. She was a doll, and a Trump supporter. A very pleasant woman... and, at 93, sharper than a tack.... drover herself there. She gave me a hug after I voted. I was really touched.

Oh, pretty busy. Lots of 60+ people.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I kinda thought it was funny when people went out to vote early and stood in line for 2 hours thinking they were saving time.

I suppose the idea that there was early voting at a very few locations in a county and then dozens and dozens of precincts open on election day never occurred.

We voted Saturday but not to save time, we didn't want to be late to work based on prior experiences.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I went to a nearby fire station. A little confusion because past elections, we've gone in the front. This time, we came in next to the overhead door at the back of the bay. I was inside, called over to the 4th check-in station, and at the machine in less than 2 minutes. I took my time with some of the local races, school board, etc., and then used my phone to snap a pic of my ballot. There WILL be a record of how my vote was cast, though it won't matter to anyone but me. I was back out the door and in my car in probably 10 minutes total. I didn't count, but I think there were 8-10 machines set up.

At our polling site there was a steady stream of people coming in but no lines. However, we were greeted at the door by a young lady handing out a list of democratic candidates and instructions how to vote democratic straight ticket...less than 10ft from a voting machine and less than 20ft from where people fill out the ballot. That always chaps my tail. I feel like they prey on 1st time voters or those who maybe waffling at the last minute.

I believe that's against the law...or is it 'legal' because its not about 1 candidate. Of course, if you're in Marion County or Bloomington or Gary...the laws don't apply unless you're republican.

Does anyone know how far away these people have to be?

This article says the Chute is 50 feet. Kind of matches my memory but not a cite to the actual law.

State law protects Hoosiers from intimidation at polls | Politics | nwitimes.com

Who do you call though? PD Sergeant desk and say some belligerent lib is violating state election law?

Used to to be one of the election official poll workers had the title of sheriff. I'd start with reporting what you saw with that person.

I wish I'd seen that. I would have snapped a photo with my phone, making sure to get what papers were being handed out, and not only told the election official (Sheriff), but would have called the county election board as well as the opposite party HQ, AND the TV and news.

No, I don't eff around when it comes to elections, and no, it would not have mattered which party was doing it.

...Maybe the democrats are waiting until they get off work to vote. :dunno:

...Could this finally be the turnout needed to get rid of Andre Carson?

You funny guy. You got jokes.

Blessings,
    Bill

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Not much of a wait at our place. I got there at about 6:05 and as I entered the door, first I noticed there were 3-4 people in front of me then I noticed the sign that said to have your photo ID ready. No problem....um...wait....dang it! So, after a 10 minute drive home to get my wallet, a ten minute drive back, the line was minimal.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I got to my polling location in sleepy little Farmland at 7:20 and didn't leave until about 8:30.
    I've voted every times since I legally could in 1988, and I've never seen a line quite like this.
    I only hope that I don't have to spend the rest of the evening feeling dejected by the results.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I stood in line for 2 hours, next to a 93 year old woman, who was a blast. The first time she voted, she voted for Dewey. I picked her mind the entire time we stood in line. We talked about where she was born, the war, her deceased Navy Aviator husband, and how she's seen the world change. I feel my life is richer for having met her. She was a doll, and a Trump supporter. A very pleasant woman... and, at 93, sharper than a tack.... drover herself there. She gave me a hug after I voted. I was really touched.

Oh, pretty busy. Lots of 60+ people.

You had a good day.
    I chatted with two guys, one a corrections officer and the other a fellow Navy veteran.
    We had plenty of time to gab.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I went in @ about 1400. Had about a 15 minute wait. Easy peasy. I was told by a poll worker that this morning was horrendous.

Top Bottom