• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    Simple as it may sound creating a good club match is sometimes difficult. Let alone having a good set up crew you need all the other people like ROs, score keepers and stats people.

The question today is what do you like in a local club match?

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    seriously, I like a variety in the stages. I like short and medium courses, not just all long courses (though I know I'm the only one in Indiana who feels that way). I like hoser stages and technical stages and stages that are both.

-rvb

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    seriously, I like a variety in the stages. I like short and medium courses, not just all long courses (though I know I'm the only one in Indiana who feels that way). I like hoser stages and technical stages and stages that are both.

-rvb
    You are not alone (at least not in this respect) I like the IPSC mix of long, medium and short courses. A few movers here and there is nice but I know it's a pain to set up and tear it down. I think IN is doing a great job with the local matches! The only real gripe that i have is uprange movement, someday someone is going to get hurt doing that crap!

Snizz1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013

-rvb

^^^ I've been saying this. Just bc a stage is not a classifier does not mean it has to be 32 rounds

7920drew

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Lafayette, IN
    I also like a mix, but it kinda sucks for a local to have a couple short courses make for a really low round count match. I think a good way to kill that effect is to double up a couple short stages on one bay when possible. Ends up making for more stages overall but really what's harder to set up, a couple speed shoots or a field course? I'd say it's a wash even if you end up with a 7 or even 8 stage match

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    I don't think it really matters. I like field courses. Classifiers are dumb. Speed shoots are dumb.

I'm just happy to shoot to end a generally hectic week. It helps clear the brain. Whatever you do, someone will complain. Memory, long shots...love 'em. 3 V...hate it but will still shoot it. I will be the first one to complain too.

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    I also like a mix, but it kinda sucks for a local to have a couple short courses make for a really low round count match. I think a good way to kill that effect is to double up a couple short stages on one bay when possible. Ends up making for more stages overall but really what's harder to set up, a couple speed shoots or a field course? I'd say it's a wash even if you end up with a 7 or even 8 stage match

LOL I shot an Indiana sectional that had 7 or 8 stages about 10 years ago! I am telling ya we got it good here with our local matches!:yesway::rockwoot:

7920drew

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Lafayette, IN
    LOL I shot an Indiana sectional that had 7 or 8 stages about 10 years ago! I am telling ya we got it good here with our local matches!:yesway::rockwoot:

yes for sure! I hope that didn't come off as *****y, because I feel like there is absolutely no shortage of great matches to shoot around here. I travel between 15 mins and 2 hours and I'm able to shoot a great match with anywhere between 40 and 100+ shooters every weekend. I've only been in Uspsa for 2 years but the quality of the matches in indiana has hooked me right from the start! Thank you to all the clubs and volunteers for putting it all together!

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    As Drew says, Indiana Matches are great. The people that contribute to MD, Organization, Clubs, Set-Up crews, RO's, Kindle, shooters etc. We have it going on in our state.

I have heard many times now how our local Matches are like Majors in other states. We also have some great competition at all levels. It feels great I can go to any club and get my ass kicked.

Last edited:

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Mongo doesn't care what I think.
    But as others have said Indiana shooters have it pretty good.
    I really don't care what the stages are, everybody has to shoot it.
    I do like a really tough 24 to 26 round stage.
    I hate gratuitous movement, I'm fat that's probably why.

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    I also like variety. In reality the parts we don't like are mainly because we suck at them. The more you do the parts you dislike the better you will get. So bring it on.

I will say that I really struggle with Par time courses. My hearing loss combined with the electronic muffs shutting off since other stages are shooting make hearing the second beep almost impossible. So I just stop way short. But I do get it, it's not all about me.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    How about less gratuitous movement. Moving just for the sake of moving, or at least keep it to a minimum.

Top Bottom