• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    Not sure if anyone else isn't happy with their Staccato gen 2 grips - but I wasn't happy with mine. At least not happy with the size. I don't like not being able to manipulate my pistols one handed and the grip was so fat there was absolutely no way to hit the magazine release one handed.

So I had to look for a reduced size grip. And apparently from what I gathered by searching for a few weeks - there's only one option with a real reduction.

They offer a grip service where you can just send in your OEM polymer grip and they can change texture, color, size - or what I ended up doing is just buying a whole new grip.

The problem ended up being that although I was basically told this is a drop in replacement for the C2 and would just need a simple swap - it most certainly was NOT a simple drop in.

I should have known better, although I don't know much, I do know 1911/2011s are all pretty well hand fit on a case by case basis. And the polymer grip was no exception to this. I led my buddy @BIGE7.62 astray by telling him it was a simple drop in and I'm sure it frustrated him to all hell til he realized we weren't going to get there without fitting everything to it.

Overall though - metal grip options are $550ish++++ for these, and the polymer starts at $300 basically if you modify your oem grip. It's outrageous, but it is what it is. Expensive guns have expensive parts, even when plastic. I'd absolutely do it again on this and would highly recommend it if you need a smaller grip. Plus - using this grip required going to a gen 1 mag catch which came threaded and allowed for the extended mag release button from Hayes I used here. Super happy with that part. Just have to get my holsters cut to fit it now.

Excuse the idiot scratch - it was there when I bought it used. The slides going to get refinished anyways after I get it milled for a red dot.

But refinished in black? Or cerakote the whole thing to match the grip? Or just solid FDE? I'm torn.

20240217_132603.jpg
    20240217_113050.jpg

Last edited:

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    How about a random med Grey and Black base coat than distressed fde ,leaving the controls blk ?
    The grey splotches actually made me want to send it back out to pay to have them re-do it in just fde and black.

Somehow from the site picture to me it just looked like it was going to be fde and black. But thats also what I think of when I hear "desert camo" like it was advertised.

The gray only shows up a lot in the sunlight, which was how I first looked at it.

I'm thinking I might just leave it as is because Vulcan offers a DLC coating for the slide refinish after they mill the slide. I have a few DLC bcg's and really like how slick it is.

Here's a pic of the grip in sunlight vs what the website looked like for reference on the gray.

20240207_151723.jpg

Screenshot_20240208_012358_Chrome.jpg

Top Bottom