• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    I don't remember the old Bloomington hospital being as bad? The newly built hospital seems like a magnet for the ""transient," "unhoused," criminals and "signal 34" mental cases.

Any given day, numerous calls come over the scanner app for all kinds of bizarre stuff. A lot of the police calls are also for the parking lot and streets out in front.

:nailbite:

I think they're talking about the IU Health hospitals in / near Indy. The new one in Bloomington does not have metal detectors. I (may or may not) have carried there for a week straight a few months ago without any issues.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Interesting. I worked on the Methodist Hospital campus and they installed metal detectors in all the doors I went through. I haven't been over to University Hospital or Riley Hospital in quite a while so I'm not as familiar with those facilities.
    Ah, well Methodist has them for sure in the ER department because it's used for law enforcement holds. I never encountered any metal detectors at the other entrances (we spent a lot of time there for some of DoggyMama's health issues). I believe Eskanazi may be the same with regards to their ER.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    It means not to be the bad example on the evening news.

It means that as much as we might not agree with a policy, there are places where it is not a democracy, and we don't get a vote.

It means it's private property, unlike tax-subsidized businesses.

It means roughly the same as if you walked into my home or private business, and attempted to conceal carry or open carry without my consent.

It means this:
    When I go to a hospital, it's only out of absolute necessity. It's not like choosing to shop at anti gun place that only sells "nice to haves" and not "need to haves". If one of the private businesses has a no gun policy, I just shop somewhere else. Not the same with a hospital though. You keep respecting their policy and leaving your gun at home and relying on a couple of security guards covering a very large building or series of buildings. I'll keep carrying concealed and ignoring their policy and responsible for my own safety.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    When I go to a hospital, it's only out of absolute necessity. It's not like choosing to shop at anti gun place that only sells "nice to haves" and not "need to haves". If one of the private businesses has a no gun policy, I just shop somewhere else. Not the same with a hospital though. You keep respecting their policy and leaving your gun at home and relying on a couple of security guards covering a very large building or series of buildings. I'll keep carrying concealed and ignoring their policy and responsible for my own safety.
    Just the simple fact that so many people bring their own guns in despite "security" regulations is all the reason I need to know I need to carry there too.

Let the commie lovers have their self righteous sense of superiority.

Top Bottom