• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Idk about the metal detectors, but they (and deaconess) now have their own police department with powers of arrest, their jurisdiction is hospital grounds, and if arrested you will be transported by city police (or sheriff’s department) to the jail (they can’t transport you).

It seems that both hospitals have hired former police officers to run their departments st Vincent’s has former assistant chief Chris Pugh running their department so I’ll assume that retired jbt’s that were EPD are now jbt’s at the hospital.

Last year when my daughter was in st Vincent’s, I carried and there were no metal detectors (one night I had to go through the er to see her), but that was august 2022

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Idk about the metal detectors, but they (and deaconess) now have their own police department with powers of arrest, their jurisdiction is hospital grounds, and if arrested you will be transported by city police (or sheriff’s department) to the jail (they can’t transport you).

It seems that both hospitals have hired former police officers to run their departments st Vincent’s has former assistant chief Chris Pugh running their department so I’ll assume that retired jbt’s that were EPD are now jbt’s at the hospital.

Last year when my daughter was in st Vincent’s, I carried and there were no metal detectors (one night I had to go through the er to see her), but that was august 2022
    The Boss was in downtown Deaconess about a year ago. Left one night around midnight, went in Emergency room, metal detectors to enter and couldn't even have my pocket knife, but left by front door. Had to walk around building to get to the car. Security guard picked me up and gave a lift to parking lot. Said not the best area for an older person to be walking in, and that if I was to be leaving late at night to park, enter, and then leave from front door. No metal detectors, concealed means concealed, discreet means discreet.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    I'm curious what this is supposed to mean.

It means not to be the bad example on the evening news.

It means that as much as we might not agree with a policy, there are places where it is not a democracy, and we don't get a vote.

It means it's private property, unlike tax-subsidized businesses.

It means roughly the same as if you walked into my home or private business, and attempted to conceal carry or open carry without my consent.

It means this:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    It means not to be the bad example on the evening news.

It means that as much as we might not agree with a policy, there are places where it is not a democracy, and we don't get a vote.

It means it's private property, unlike tax-subsidized businesses.

It means roughly the same as if you walked into my home or private business, and attempted to conceal carry or open carry without my consent.

It means this:
    It also means that in most cases one is free to ignore their policy. If one is made and asked to leave, then leave quietly.

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    Just because we can doesn't mean we should.
    A very good statement. I work for a small company and my my boss encourages concealed carry. We are are electricians and 50 percent of our work is on farms with people we know, they don’t care. If I’m doing a service call for a light not working at Ruth Ann whoever’s house I’ll leave it in the truck.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Hospitals are different than other establishments. The ONLY reason I go near one is to visit someone important to me. They are not like a retail store to just avoid or use another one. Private property or not, hospitals are doing a public service. On top of that, hospitals get plenty of tax dollars and tax breaks, so yes all of us are funding a percentage of their operations, from many angles.

A LOT of the hospital "rules" are insurance rules. They cannot really encourage carry, for obvious reasons. And lawyers are lawyers. waaawaaa2

It's not really anyone's business where I choose to carry defensive tools. I don't really care whose property it is, when I am only there for support of others, likely with no choice in the matter. The same as my limited choice in the matter.

Unless I need my defensive tools, no one will never know I had them. If I need my defensive tools, everyone will be glad I had them. No charge for the security.

:)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom