• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I wonder if there is anyway to "flag" an address from getting utilities like power, water, etc similar to a credit freeze.
    If not there needs to be. I have the deed to my property in my safe, I'm not sure from these events even that would protect me from this.
    There isnt. They will produce a bogus rental agreement. Cops step back at that point and say "Civil matter. take them to court. We cant say whether that agreement is legit or not. Possession is 9/10 of the law, so since they are there with an apparent contract, nothing we can do. Good day."

Its going to take vigilantism (by neighbors, not by the homeowner) to stop this trend. Maybe if a bunch of squatters disappear without a trace and word gets out, this might stop.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It appears that I was right for a change.:):
    But they dont have to claim OWNERSHIP to stay. Just claim they have a lease. That makes the cops go away and buys time while the homeowner winds the case through the courts. (read:$$$$) That can buy them months if not years.

Then they move on to another vacant house, print a new bogus lease at the library, and the process starts over again.

The only way to get them out fast isnt legal. (arson, vigilante, pig farm, etc)

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    But they dont have to claim OWNERSHIP to stay. Just claim they have a lease. That makes the cops go away and buys time while the homeowner winds the case through the courts. (read:$$$$) That can buy them months if not years.

Then they move on to another vacant house, print a new bogus lease at the library, and the process starts over again.

The only way to get them out fast isnt legal. (arson, vigilante, pig farm, etc)
    Yep for squatters, I was just referring to adverse possession.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    As with laws protecting these "invaders" especially in Florida, i am surprised that enough people haven't snapped and started to bring back the old outlaw justice. The courts and such have totally abandoned common law, the real law, and i can see individuals becoming their own enforcement of the law.

INP8riot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    West Central
    Make no mistake about it, we are at war.

An invading army from another country has some motivation to fight. Pick any reasons throughout recent history.

But an army that can invade, conquer and then inhabit their newly acquired land. That is the MOST motivated force you will find. Oir country has promised this invading force money, land and rights once they infiltrate our borders. We are facing a fight that has been brought to our doorsteps by our own leaders. Prepare (mentally, and physically), be vigilant and when the time comes be sure of your decision. A make or break moment is coming. How will the history of this country be defined? It is up to you...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm pretty sure that part of adverse possession requires them to be paying the property taxes on said property.
    Yes, it says that. But what really matters is how a judge will rule. As it was explained to me, it depends on what the other guy can convince the judge he believed, in good faith he was doing. That is, if he can convince the judge, by paying the taxes on his land, he was paying the taxes on the contested parcel. I’ve had one judge (that I’m friends with) tell me she would not buy that. I’ve had a lawyer who’s done a number of quiet title issues tell me he’s seen it happen.

Like I keep preaching: You’re not being a nice guy by not putting a stop to your neighbor’s encroachments...you’re only setting your self up for future misery.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I predict that some of these people will simply disappear and the bleach sales numbers will rise. Backhoe rentals may increase as well. Don't forget to call 811.

W66KeRX.gif

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Wonder how the Castle Doctrine would come into play if I found uninvited guest in my home?

Exactly.

I come home with the family and someones in the house, there is no who are you? There is no what are you doing here? There is no please leave? It will not end well for them.

Last edited:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    The last one left the meth village when the work crews started unloading machinery. Nothing left but level ground now.
    Clarksville did that a few years ago. Growing homeless bum camp near the floodwall, repeated police runs there to chase them off. A few bulldozers and excavators and its a really nice little lake now, it even has cattails! Not a bum in sight.

Top Bottom