Sportsman’s Warehouse Indianapolis Southside to open.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fzd

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    Fishers
    Went to the Fort Wayne twice to pick up Lower receiver last year. It was the only place then that still sells the lower for $50. They also had .22 lr ammo for 5cent but with two boxes limit.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've been to the Fort Wayne one many times. Personally, I think it's a miles ahead of wherever Gander Mountain/Outdoors hoped they could ever be. They carry legit outdoor backpacking gear like MSR and their selection is much more broad then the typical green packaged coleman junk you see at a Dicks/Walmart or whatever. In their backpack selection they actually carry brands like Eberlestock and there was no one else in town who's ever done that. Behind the gun counter it's much broader than your typical Rem 700, Savage, with some pump shotguns. They carry brands like Christensen arms, Daniel Defense etc and you can handle them instead of just looking online. The first time I walked through that store I was really concerned for one of my favorite local shops that carried outdoor backpacking gear because Sportsmans actually carried legit stuff. The problem with the store is that they have good gear, but it's being sold by people who don't really use it or know how to. I doubt most of the employees there have ever gone backpacking more than a single night or shot in any kind of competition or taken any classes.

Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood
    I drove by this morning just to see where it is. It is completely wide open and empty, just like the picture

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I've been to the Fort Wayne one many times. Personally, I think it's a miles ahead of wherever Gander Mountain/Outdoors hoped they could ever be. They carry legit outdoor backpacking gear like MSR and their selection is much more broad then the typical green packaged coleman junk you see at a Dicks/Walmart or whatever. In their backpack selection they actually carry brands like Eberlestock and there was no one else in town who's ever done that. Behind the gun counter it's much broader than your typical Rem 700, Savage, with some pump shotguns. They carry brands like Christensen arms, Daniel Defense etc and you can handle them instead of just looking online. The first time I walked through that store I was really concerned for one of my favorite local shops that carried outdoor backpacking gear because Sportsmans actually carried legit stuff. The problem with the store is that they have good gear, but it's being sold by people who don't really use it or know how to. I doubt most of the employees there have ever gone backpacking more than a single night or shot in any kind of competition or taken any classes.
    I know a couple of guys that actually know something about guns as well as training and competing that will be there on a part time basis..

Scenarfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2018
    Hamilton County
    Looking forward to this. I liked the Lafayette store (actually still have some Fed GM210M primers I bought a bunch of when they were open).

still remember the Galyans that went in on Shelby street after they tore down the south 31 drive in to build the strip mall.

Heck my first rifle was a 30/30 that Dad bought at Central Hardware at 31/Shelby when I was 15!

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Stopped there yesterday and it's still big empty building but it seems to be progressing. Opening is scheduled for the 12th. From what I saw today they have a ton of work to do to make that happen but there were a huge number of workers there.

A-Aron88

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    The Fort Wayne location is decent. They've actually got decent people working behind the counter and prices seem more in line with what stuff is actually going for. GM was consistently a 50-200 high on everything.

Top Bottom