Sportsman’s Warehouse Indianapolis Southside to open.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I can't figure that address out.

Google maps puts it right at the intersection of 31 and Southport road.

So either they'll go into that dead/dying strip center on the SE corner (Which is way too small, would require a crap ton of work to rehab into the need, AND the parking lot is too small) Or the address is wrong.

And if you change it to 8800 N US 31 in greenwood, it puts it at a big food pantry & church property just south of where Nailer's Brewing is in FAR south Greenwood. Basically New Whiteland.
    "Sportsman’s Warehouse, a West Jordan, Utah-based retail chain focused on outdoor recreation, plans to enter the Indianapolis market this fall with a 31,530-square-foot store at 8800 S. U.S. 31.

The Indy-area site is an existing retail space in the Greenwood Shopping Center, a 218,435-square-foot development just north of County Line Road."

map.PNG

:dunno:

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I’ve pretty much given up all hope for Bass Pro Shops and Cabelas is and has been on the decline. Way too much corporate correctness and way too much “cheap cr@p” clothing. They are both beginning to look like a sporting goods store wrapped in a Dollar General wardrobe. Yeech!

lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I can't figure that address out.

Google maps puts it right at the intersection of 31 and Southport road.

So either they'll go into that dead/dying strip center on the SE corner (Which is way too small, would require a crap ton of work to rehab into the need, AND the parking lot is too small) Or the address is wrong.

And if you change it to 8800 N US 31 in greenwood, it puts it at a big food pantry & church property just south of where Nailer's Brewing is in FAR south Greenwood. Basically New Whiteland.
    Behind Famous Dave's Bar B Que near Chuckie Cheese

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Well we could get worst things. But I will definitely give it a look.

After Indy Trading Post closing, may be timely, not that ITP being so tiny had much in stock really. But it was my closest shop, now I think this will be.

Plus the Greenwood Gander location always seemed well patronized, even with it's horrible prices.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    W

hat you just did there.....I see it. I saw it. I will have to AGREE
    We will not talk about the time I launched the Glock M17 recoil spring guide rod across the store, bouncing off the fishing rods and landing among the Uncle Josh pork rinds. (Did not find that damn thing for a month).

The a-holes, my co-workers, called me "Glockman" for months after.

Last edited:

indymike12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2013
    martinsville
    Link may or may not be paywalled... IBJ can block this stuff if you have gone there too much.

But it looks like it will be opening on October 28th at 8800 South US 31 (just north of Greenwood).

Anyone know anything about them?

Looks like another Gander Mountain type.. anyone been to one? It looks like there is only one of these in Fort Wayne.
    Few youtube videos.. and nothing notable or special. But I won't complain about having somewhere near to browse. And the prices are not Gander Mountain robbery...

I'm familiar with the Lexington KY location and like it a lot. I for one welcome them to the Greenwood area. Hopefully they'll put DICK's out of business.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    I was in Ft Wayne today and stopped in the one there. I thought it was great. About the size of a small town grocery store. The firearms were price fair. The used guns were priced very fair. Lots of reloading stuff..No..no primers lol.
    I'm excited to have another option close to home.

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    There was one in Lafayette when I was an undergrad at Purdue. Bought several handguns there, ammo was reasonable and very well stocked. It was much larger than the Fort Wayne store. I'm cautiously optimistic

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    There was one in Lafayette when I was an undergrad at Purdue. Bought several handguns there, ammo was reasonable and very well stocked. It was much larger than the Fort Wayne store. I'm cautiously optimistic
    Ever get a chance to sniff the salesman they called Glockman?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    oldfish15
    Top Bottom