• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    My son and I are driving to Pa today to pick up my daughter for summer vacation, and I just got this in an Email from a friend WTF. I swear the only wish that the government in any form has is to just squeeze you for every dollar they can. They are not even pretending (like they usually do) that its about public safety anymore but make it clear its to generate revenue. Not only have I had it with every dollar earned being taxed fifty different ways but I am completely over this sort of :bs: as well.

Ever heard of no taxation without representation?? I don't believe we have any representation any longer only the illusion of it. Tea party my azz. Somehow we have got to wake these mother fu&%ers up. America as she was meant to be is no more, I dont even know what it is we have now, but it certainly isnt freedom, liberty or justice its more like living in a police state. Its pretty bad when people like me born and bred here in the United States start looking around thinking OMG this is such a crock of :poop: maybe its time to leave and try to live elsewhere, that is just not in my nature. My father taught me to fight for what is right. What is going on here in this country is not right as a matter of fact its so far from right it makes me sick and embarressed to call myself an American...
    Information on a speeding ticket blitz.

Look out for Penn dot trucks parked along the road or appearing

behind you pacing you, it could be a Trooper driving the truck, it is

called "Operation Yellow Jacket" and will be off and on all summer, each

district has a truck cleaned up and ready to go!

Watch Your Speed In PA!

USE CRUISE CONTROL AND IF YOU ARE IN THAT MUCH OF A HURRY AT NO MORE THAN 2 MILES ABOVE POSTED SPEED LIMIT..

Starting today, Pennsylvania will launch a 30 day speeding

ticket frenzy. The state estimates that 9 million dollars will be

generated in speeding tickets. 1 million will go to pay state troopers'

overtime. There will be 50 state troopers on duty at all times

patrolling the 9 main intersections and highways. They are the

following:

Rte. 1 north and south

PA-220

I-99 north and south

I-95 north and south

I-279 north and south

I-276 east and west

I-376 east and west

I-76 east and west

I-80 east and west

I-79 north and south

I-70 east and west

PA-60

PA-66

US-22 & 322

5 mph above the limit can justify a ticket and every state

trooper is supposed to pull a car over and write a ticket every 10 to 20

minutes. They have issued 30 brand new unmarked Dodge Charger Police

cruisers and are bringing in all of their part timers on full time. If

you work in western Pennsylvania, you will probably take one of these

highways. It's up to you how fast you are going when they clock you.

KDKA and WDVE & CBS3 confirmed all of this. So be safe and don't

forget speeding tickets are on you.

Driving Ticket fine increase in PA:

Starting on August 15th, the price of a ticket for violation of

PA Law 39:3-29 (failure to show your driver's license, registration, or

insurance card at the time you are stopped) is going from $44.00 to

$173.00

Please make sure your vehicles have the proper documents in
    them. If you jump in the car to run to the store and forget your wallet with your license in it and you are stopped.... Oh well... you just spent $173. And the fine for not having all three documents is $519!!!

PAPERS PLEASE!!! LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE A NEW GESTAPO...:xmad:

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Drive Safe & SLOWLY and I'll see you when you return. Don't FEED the BEARS

Traffic Tickets are always about the $$'s :rolleyes:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Years ago, the ISP had an INDOT-marked van that they'd use to run traffic.

I remember seeing it ONCE...right about the time I was learning to drive.

Haven't seen it since, nor heard of it since. And I worked for INDOT for 4.5 years and consequently drove over the whole state...a LOT.

My guess is that the idea just didn't pan out.

Also, the ISP has been known to "commandeer" other INDOT vehicles for use in construction zones. A fully-uniformed statie will have his portable radar with him in a POS Chrysler... (the kind with the amber wig-wags in the back deck), zap someone speeding in the construction zone...then chase after them in their "unmarked car"

And you know what?

I think it's a great idea.

-J-

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I generally don't speed anyway, that's not the point its the principal that pisses me off... Anyway I am out later taters...

What is the principle that pisses you off? What is the difference between the police writing tickets for revenue and GM charging $40,000 for a vehicle it costs them $15,000 to build? Everything is about money, but most people don't bitch about how much money they fork over for a vehicle, house, etc.

And why do the police always have to be compared to the Gestapo? Why can't they be compared to the Chinese, Japanese, or Russian militaries of the WW2 era, weren't they just as bad?

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    What is the principle that pisses you off? What is the difference between the police writing tickets for revenue and GM charging $40,000 for a vehicle it costs them $15,000 to build? Everything is about money, but most people don't bitch about how much money they fork over for a vehicle, house, etc.

And why do the police always have to be compared to the Gestapo? Why can't they be compared to the Chinese, Japanese, or Russian militaries of the WW2 era, weren't they just as bad?
    Alright you...Russian KGB agent you... See? It's just not the same. ;)

I prefer to think of the ticket revenue as a "user fee" than a "tax". :)

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have a PA turnpike all-time favorite speeding story!!

I was driving out there to a national fraternity congress one summer. The turnpike was 55 mph. I had already been stopped on the trip right at US40 & Mount Comfort road.

As I was approaching some sweeping uphill, left-hand turn, there was a gravel/dirt pull-off. A cruiser was parked there with the driver side facing my car. As I rounded the turn, the police officer must have just started to transition to getting out of his car for some reason. Anyway, as he saw me approaching at a high rate of speed, he had his left foot out of the cruiser, and reversed his weight and momentum to get back in the car. He was a very large man.

As he saw us, he turned his head to the right, reached for his radar gun, still with one foot in, one foot out of the car. Turned to point it to us and as he did, he tripped and fell right on his belly/face.

Not sure if he did not pursuit because he did not get a reading on us, or was more than a bit embarrassed by the whole thing. But it's an image that I will never forget.

Poor fellow.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Anyone got a radar detector I can borrow? Have a 2000 mile road trip in two weeks.
    Let me know. Thanks, Medic.

YES.

I have TWO Valentine Ones. If you want to experience the best, you can borrow one. I do not drive with one now, since I drive the speed limit. So one is gathering dust.

But, you will have to agree to buy me a replacement if you cannot lose it in its current shape, ki?

Just PM me.

You will LOVE IT. They are the best, they get the job done.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    The fact is that most speed limits in America are way too low and serve little if any useful purpose (I don't count funding the government as a "useful purpose"). There are a few, such as those near schools, that I don't grumble too much about, but having to drive 35 on a rural road surrounded by nothing but cornfields when the road will easily handle 60... that's just ridiculous.

Hiram2005

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Plains of Hamilton County
    Years ago, the ISP had an INDOT-marked van that they'd use to run traffic.

I remember seeing it ONCE...right about the time I was learning to drive.

Haven't seen it since, nor heard of it since. And I worked for INDOT for 4.5 years and consequently drove over the whole state...a LOT.

My guess is that the idea just didn't pan out.

Also, the ISP has been known to "commandeer" other INDOT vehicles for use in construction zones. A fully-uniformed statie will have his portable radar with him in a POS Chrysler... (the kind with the amber wig-wags in the back deck), zap someone speeding in the construction zone...then chase after them in their "unmarked car"

And you know what?

I think it's a great idea.

-J-
    +1 They also used some Ford F-150's that were ID'd as INDOT several years ago. IIRC these were extended cab trucks with the amber beacon lights, but had red+blues in the grille and in the rear window. At the time the rest of us actual INDOT employees were still driving either S-10's or Rangers. I don't care what they do to slow folks down in the construction zones.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    The fact is that most speed limits in America are way too low and serve little if any useful purpose (I don't count funding the government as a "useful purpose"). There are a few, such as those near schools, that I don't grumble too much about, but having to drive 35 on a rural road surrounded by nothing but cornfields when the road will easily handle 60... that's just ridiculous.
    No...the "opinion is"...not the "fact". The "fact" is reducing your speed increases your chances for surviving or reduces the chance for injury in an accident.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Wow that doesn't even compare to IL and their new tactic- starting in July they will be setting photo vans at work areas and if you are going ONE mile over, they'll photograph you and send you a ticket in the mail for $375. second offense is $1000 and suspension of your license for 90 days.

This is 45 mph work areas only but i'm sure they'll expand it when the money starts rolling in and stop it only when all licenses are suspended...

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    As an aside, a personal interest of mine is how all of the automated crash-avoidance technologies are coming together. Volvo has proclaimed they will have a crash-proof car soon.

I think once all cars on the road are aware of one another, through a variety of technologies, then logic follows that we will be able to increase safe speeds in some instances and on some roads. OBVIOUSLY even the best tech will only be able to mitigate some risk a bit.

The other flip side to this is that there can and I would think likely WILL be speed-governing tech in cars that will PROHIBIT them from going faster than the posted speed limit. With GPS and such, I think no one would have a leg to stand on to oppose legislation that would easily enforce the law. So, the next step will be for citizens to get the speeds increased WHERE IT MAKES SENSE, and where the crash avoidance technologies can be used to a substantially successful degree.

Top Bottom