• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    EXACTLY. I got a parking ticket in Chicago.

Go to Department of Revenue to pay it. The address is www dot city of chicago / revenue dot com. Typing it correctly made a link and worded it different. try it like the second example and it works!

LOLZ

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Some police may believe that one!

You can go online to pay your bill. Just contest it and put that in the box. Take a screen capture so we can all laugh!

When they give you the photo of you speeding, take a photo of a check made out for the ticket and mail in the photo!

LOL

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I had forgotten till I was somewhat into Ohio that in Ohio once the lights go on technically your under arrest and have to submit to search. That was after I saw a family on the side of the road with all their belongings strewn about with 3 cruisers there to assist. I am not a LEO basher so don't ever try to play that card with me. There are good people and bad people and some from each side are LEO's as some are civilians. But I gotta tell ya when I see a family with little kids detained on the side of the road as everything is pulled from their mini van and scrutinized, I get kinda ******. Now granted I do not know the situation the Ohio state troopers in question may have found 50 pounds of coke in that vehicle I don't know, they may have seen something that gave them just cause IDK. But I saw two such situations in the 3 hours it took me traverse Ohio this afternoon, and that leads me to believe that if you get pulled over in Ohio your vehicle is going to be torn apart and all your belongings will be violated by what IMHO is an illegal search. And just like I have always preached when we start to accept this as ok..... Well drop your britches and slide in the mud cause the outcome will eventually be bad for everyone. Slide down that slippery slope with your blinders on folks, makes ya kinda look like these Amish horses here. Running forward with tunnel vision into oblivion.... Don't know where your headed and don't care so long as its not your **** strewn about the freeway...

Last edited:

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Some police may believe that one!

You can go online to pay your bill. Just contest it and put that in the box. Take a screen capture so we can all laugh!

When they give you the photo of you speeding, take a photo of a check made out for the ticket and mail in the photo!

LOL

No way, they'll mail me a photo of handcuffs. I know how that story ends.
    :+1:for you both!!! :):

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    I had forgotten till I was somewhat into Ohio that in Ohio once the lights go on technically your under arrest and have to submit to search. That was after I saw a family on the side of the road with all their belongings strewn about with 3 cruisers there to assist. I am not a LEO basher so don't ever try to play that card with me. There are good people and bad people and some from each side are LEO's as some are civilians. But I gotta tell ya when I see a family with little kids detained on the side of the road as everything is pulled from their mini van and scrutinized, I get kinda ******. Now granted I do not know the situation the Ohio state troopers in question may have found 50 pounds of coke in that vehicle I don't know, they may have seen something that gave them just cause IDK. But I saw two such situations in the 3 hours it took me traverse Ohio this afternoon, and that leads me to believe that if you get pulled over in Ohio your vehicle is going to be torn apart and all your belongings will be violated by what IMHO is an illegal search. And just like I have always preached when we start to accept this as ok..... Well drop your britches and slide in the mud cause the outcome will eventually be bad for everyone. Slide down that slippery slope with your blinders on folks, makes ya kinda look like these Amish horses here. Running forward with tunnel vision into oblivion.... Don't know where your headed and don't care so long as its not your **** strewn about the freeway...

You mean detained. Getting pulled over CANNOT constitute an arrest.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

So if you don't know the situation why are you so adamant that in Ohio they search everyone's car for no reason? Families with kids make great drug mules because most LEOs wouldn't give them a second look simply because there are kids in the vehicle.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    So if you don't know the situation why are you so adamant that in Ohio they search everyone's car for no reason? Families with kids make great drug mules because most LEOs wouldn't give them a second look simply because there are kids in the vehicle.

Do away with the drug laws, problem solved. Cops back to stopping speeders for speeding.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    I travel quite a bit with work. I used to speed about 10 to 15 over all the time. But as getting a ticket in a company vehicle will get me all but fired the fine state of Ohio has broke me of that habit. If you speed in Ohio you have great chance of getting caught. They seem to have more officers per square inch than any other state I drive in. And yes almost every time I see someone pulled over in Ohio and PA there is more than one officer and a buddy with a canine unit.

Then about 20 miles west of Richmond IN I see officers from the city of Richmond running radar. Most every morning. I have wondered how they can be out generating funds that far from city limits but didn't think it wise to stop and ask.

These days for me I run right around the speed limit give or take a mile or two from floating. Company was to cheap to get me a truck with cruise. Plus I'm never in a hurry these days. Seems like I'm in the rest area every couple of hours anyway. Back in the day I never stopped but once every six hours or so. That and I am cheap. I would rather buy ammo than pay a fine.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If an employer pays you to drive slow (sic) and observe the speed limit, why drive faster? I know Frito Lay when GPS units came out would give demerits for 3 times over the speed limit on any day's shift.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City

I was stating only the facts at hand of what I saw, in a 3 hour period two separate occurrences were family's with small children had all of their belongings strewn about on the side of a busy highway while the police searched their vehicle and belongings in the hot afternoon sun.

I only speak for myself but I would imagine if you made a poll on this forum as to how the members here would react to such a search you wouldn't find the responses very friendly.

If the fact I have kids in my car makes me suspect. I guess I should consider myself a target from now on when I take my family on vacation. You talk strongly of anyone ridiculing these actions, where the police tear a family's minivan apart on the side of the road. What do you think the 7 and 8 year old kids in that minivan are going to think of the police after an episode like that if the only contraband found is Disney land t shirts or Kings Island souvenirs? Is that going to teach those kids to trust the police? No its going to teach them that the police are not to be trusted as allies...

It paints a pretty grim picture in my mind, to think that my family could be stripped of their dignity and subjected to such a thing. It is my understanding that in Jan or Feb of this year Ohio and Illinois passed legislation where you can not deny a search once you are pulled over. So since they don't have to have probable cause to search it raises my suspicion as to rather or not they did have it.

I know that if I am ever faced with such a situation once the search is completed bearing no fruit, the officer will not find me pleasant to deal with. As I will make it perfectly clear how he has violated my right to privacy, and terrorized my children and family in the process.

As William Blackstone said may 10 guilty men go free before one innocent man is subjugated. It just seems more and more we are guilty until proven innocent, instead of innocent until proven guilty.

I am supposed to be a free man as I travel in the the country of my birth, (Land of the free home of the brave, does that ring a bell? More so does even a shred of that still exist?) I feel more like a wildebeest running in a herd waiting to be culled by the lion. As I travel I feel more like prey than A free man.

No person can live free while under constant surveillance and scrutiny. It is not supposed to be LEO against civilian or visa versa. LEO's are public servants not the other way around. More and more we go from free men to commodity where we have no more right to justice than a farmers goat. Where even the smallest indiscretion is punished with an exorbinant monetary fine. In my OP $500 plus dollars if you forget your wallet and don't have your ID. Come on man that's not right, that's like rape or extortion especially in these times where people are struggling already.

You know what forget it whatever, I'm over it. All this bull :poop: is f&%cked up and nobody really gives a rats azz, so long as it doesn't effect them directly. Everyone looks at everyone else like the enemy, there's no brotherhood or feeling of obligation to your common man left. Its just who can screw who out of a buck. And how can we figure out a way to do it legally. I am tired of talking about it. That is not the way I was raised. I was taught to care for my fellow man and to treat others as I wish to be treated, with honor and respect, and there just isn't any of that going on anymore. The country my fore fathers fought and died for where men lived free, is long gone. I'm done with this say and think whatever you like I really don't care, the whole thing makes me :puke:...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom