• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    As harsh as this may sound, but why should my children be debt slaves to take care of a generation that voted into office people that made reckless and unsustainable promises? Our debt is close to suffocating and we are already bankrupt, it's just that the printing press and unnaturally low zero percent interest rates have the corpse on life support. Using guilt, fear, lies and deceit are no way to run a country based on freedom and individual rights.

How unamerican of you not to want to be holding the bag for others bad investments.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Interesting to see how many people on this board think that breaking your word is okay. Honoring your debts is apparently a foreign concept these days.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Interesting to see how many people on this board think that breaking your word is okay. Honoring your debts is apparently a foreign concept these days.

How many elections have your parents voted in compared to my 9 year old daughter? Yet you want her to make good on promises made by generations before her? You're supposed to leave your kids an inheritance, not a yoke of slavery.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    How many elections have your parents voted in compared to my 9 year old daughter? Yet you want her to make good on promises made by generations before her? You're supposed to leave your kids an inheritance, not a yoke of slavery.

I hope to leave my children an understanding of honoring their word. Not to lie and cheat if it is more convenient.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Honest debt is one thing, debt based on fraud, lies and deceit, knowing it could never be repaid, is wrong and immoral. I will not allow my "morality" to be used against me as guilt to accept that which was forced upon me, or my children, under false pretenses.
    I am John Galt.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I hope to leave my children an understanding of honoring their word. Not to lie and cheat if it is more convenient.

Who is the one lying and cheating here? It certainly isn't my children! Kinda funny how you want my children to be obligated to pay for the false promises made by those that lied and cheated! Did THEY vote for those that made immoral promise? Did THEY vote for/campaign for people that made unsustainable promises?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Honest debt is one thing, debt based on fraud, lies and deceit, knowing it could never be repaid, is wrong and immoral. I will not allow my "morality" to be used against me as guilt to accept that which was forced upon me, or my children, under false pretenses.
    I am John Galt.

So when my Dad (WW2 vet, wounded in action) bought what he referred to as war bonds until the day he died, he was defrauding someone. That doesn't even make sense. He bought them in good faith (to answer an earlier charge, he did not vote for Obama or GWB, so the recent orgy of deficit spending was after his death) His widow is owed the money that the government took from them.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    So when my Dad (WW2 vet, wounded in action) bought what he referred to as war bonds until the day he died, he was defrauding someone. That doesn't even make sense. He bought them in good faith (to answer an earlier charge, he did not vote for Obama or GWB, so the recent orgy of deficit spending was after his death) His widow is owed the money that the government took from them.

I never said your dad was defrauding anyone. The government has defrauded everyone and I don't see how it is the obligation of my children to pay for this fraud. The math has been pointed out in an earlier post and it is impossible that our debt will ever be paid back. Everybody is going to lose a little something and I believe it only right that the generation that participated in the looting and plundering should share the greater burden than those that were born into it.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Your government is the liar and the cheater. Don't get mad at the 9-year-old who will never receive a government retirement like you will. The system is built on unicorns and rainbows. Its a fairy tale. It was never meant to last. It was meant to enslave.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

This was started several generations ago, by our great grandparents, continued by our grandparents, and our parents, and then us. YOURS, TOO. And YOU, if you ever voted for a Republican or Democrat, particularly an incumbent, have a hand in this too. Every person that has voted for a Republican or Democrat has had a hand in this.

I didn't vote for these clowns. I didn't vote for any of this. I've been voting third party for 25 years now. I voted for people that I thought would try to correct this. But none of them ever gets elected. Why? You tell ME why.

All I want to do is correct the problem in an honorable way, without causing the deaths of millions of Americans by starvation, or bloodshed, and without collapsing our entire economy overnight. But I guess that's a pipe dream, isn't it?

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    This was started several generations ago, by our great grandparents, continued by our grandparents, and our parents, and then us. YOURS, TOO. And YOU, if you ever voted for a Republican or Democrat, particularly an incumbent, have a hand in this too. Every person that has voted for a Republican or Democrat has had a hand in this.

I didn't vote for these clowns. I didn't vote for any of this. I've been voting third party for 25 years now. I voted for people that I thought would try to correct this. But none of them ever gets elected. Why? You tell ME why.

All I want to do is correct the problem in an honorable way, without causing the deaths of millions of Americans by starvation, or bloodshed, and without collapsing our entire economy overnight. But I guess that's a pipe dream, isn't it?

Yes. History proves this.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    So your solution is for our country to be a deadbeat. We borrow money mostly from folks right here in this country and then default. Lie, cheat and steal our way out of this mess. My Dad invested most of his savings in US Savings Bonds. So you want to put my Mom out on the street because you aren't willing for us to pay the price of the debt we have run up. To do it the right way by slashing spending and raising taxes enough to pay our bills.

Hmmmm... you want the unborn children to pay for your mom's welfare?

Screw the children who have never voted for anything or contributed in any way to this fiasco? That is your plan?

Consequences. Life is full of them. Plenty of people make Mal investments. So uncle sam is the new bernie madoff? We all KNOW that the federal government is full of corrupt liars.... yet you talk about "honoring your word"? What a joke!

You also keep using words like "We" and "Our". You have a mouse in your pocket or something?

Since when does any of that apply to the unborn children for generation's to come?

I certainly haven't voted for any of this. I have complained every step of the way since I turned 18 about insane spending and handouts.

Maybe this is YOUR debt but it certainly isn't the proverbial "ours".

You want to help pay off the debt? Don't take any deductions this year, send in some extra money! You are allowed to send in extra money, did you know that?

Instead you want to put a gun to the head of every infant in the country and force debt slavery upon them.

Turn our children and unborn children into debt slaves vs your mom's t-bills going down the drain? I say screw her. She's old enough to know better. T-bills have been a fools investment for decades, they haven't kept up with the inflation rate for at least 3 decades, they are right down there with stuffing money under your mattress.

That doesn't even begin to cover the obvious fact I never said to default on everything, so it's not like your mother is looking look at losing her crappy "war bonds" anyway. Although if I had to choose, I'd choose an the old folks who helped got us here vs the unborn. Then again I like to assign blame on those folks who deserve it.

Defaulting on a loan is PROVIDED FOR in THE CONTRACT. Have you never read your mortgage or car loan? Defaulting on debt can be a VALID and PROPER end to a note or loan.

The level of sheer ignorance being displayed by a handful of people is almost unbelievable.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

So your children understanding honoring a word they never gave is more important than those responsible taking responsibility for their own actions?

"Son, myself and millions of others have ****ed you. Now man up and pay for it."

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009

Maybe you could make a commercial of fiscal conservatives pushing old people in wheelchairs over a cliff.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Hmmmm... you want the unborn children to pay for your mom's welfare?

Screw the children who have never voted for anything or contributed in any way to this fiasco? That is your plan?

Consequences. Life is full of them. Plenty of people make Mal investments. So uncle sam is the new bernie madoff? We all KNOW that the federal government is full of corrupt liars.... yet you talk about "honoring your word"? What a joke!

You also keep using words like "We" and "Our". You have a mouse in your pocket or something?

Since when does any of that apply to the unborn children for generation's to come?

I certainly haven't voted for any of this. I have complained every step of the way since I turned 18 about insane spending and handouts.

Maybe this is YOUR debt but it certainly isn't the proverbial "ours".

You want to help pay off the debt? Don't take any deductions this year, send in some extra money! You are allowed to send in extra money, did you know that?

Instead you want to put a gun to the head of every infant in the country and force debt slavery upon them.

Turn our children and unborn children into debt slaves vs your mom's t-bills going down the drain? I say screw her. She's old enough to know better. T-bills have been a fools investment for decades, they haven't kept up with the inflation rate for at least 3 decades, they are right down there with stuffing money under your mattress.

That doesn't even begin to cover the obvious fact I never said to default on everything, so it's not like your mother is looking look at losing her crappy "war bonds" anyway. Although if I had to choose, I'd choose an the old folks who helped got us here vs the unborn. Then again I like to assign blame on those folks who deserve it.

Defaulting on a loan is PROVIDED FOR in THE CONTRACT. Have you never read your mortgage or car loan? Defaulting on debt can be a VALID and PROPER end to a note or loan.

The level of sheer ignorance being displayed by a handful of people is almost unbelievable.

It's my debt as an American. Just as it is yours as an American.

You talk like defaulting on all of it wouldn't have major consequences like millions rioting, looting, pillaging and killing anybody they can for what they can. Talk about ignorance! Do you forget how heavily armed this country is? I simply don't want to see that happen. Honestly, maybe it HAS to happen, but what are you going to say when the violence reaches you and yours? That's the way it goes? Those are the consequences? Or are you going to blame me for that, too, even though I did everything I could legally within my power to stop it? I only have two choices: Vote for what's right, even though nobody else does, or park a Ryder truck in front of a federal building. And we know how THAT works out.

Last edited:

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    It's my debt as an American. Just as it is yours as an American.
    Thomas Jefferson and I disagree with you.
    “Then I say, the earth belongs to each of these generations during its course, fully and in its own right. The second generation receives it clear of the debts and incumbrances of the first, the third of the second, and so on. For if the first could charge it with a debt, then the earth would belong to the dead and not to the living generation. Then, no generation can contract debts greater than may be paid during the course of its own existence.” –Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, 1789. ME 7:455, Papers 15:393

As to the rest of the garbage you regurgitate, the structured restructuring would be vastly preferable to the inevitable collapse you wish to thrust upon the unborn.

Cowardice is what you propose. You neither wish to bear the financial or possible physical ramifications of decades of unsustainable debt.

Thomas Paine had something to say about that: If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The debt will be paid with devalued FRNs. The entitlement checks will keep coming and they won't buy anyone squat. All the promises will be fulfilled, and broken at the same time. That's the reality bomb that's going to be exploding soon.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Thomas Jefferson and I disagree with you.
    “Then I say, the earth belongs to each of these generations during its course, fully and in its own right. The second generation receives it clear of the debts and incumbrances of the first, the third of the second, and so on. For if the first could charge it with a debt, then the earth would belong to the dead and not to the living generation. Then, no generation can contract debts greater than may be paid during the course of its own existence.” –Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, 1789. ME 7:455, Papers 15:393

As to the rest of the garbage you regurgitate, the structured restructuring would be vastly preferable to the inevitable collapse you wish to thrust upon the unborn.

Cowardice is what you propose. You neither wish to bear the financial or possible physical ramifications of decades of unsustainable debt.

Thomas Paine had something to say about that: If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.

Unfortunately nobody listened to Thomas Jefferson when it mattered and we now have to deal with the reality of the situation in which we find ourselves. We can point to him and his wisdom all we want, but it's a moot point now that we're IN this situation. WE ALREADY HAVE THE DEBT that I voted and railed against my whole life, and that Thomas Jefferson warned us about, uselessly it seems. This problem has been building for generations - the greed of your grandparents, your parents, my grandparents and parents, 2/3 of today's generation . . . they all caused this, and it cannot be fixed overnight. Thinking it can is naivete at its finest.

And you have the GALL to blame ME for it.

Do you know what the banks and credit unions do with the money people deposit with them? They lend some of it out, but the larger part of it is invested in treasury notes. It's a large enough amount that NO kind of "restructuring" will pay this off before I retire and my kids take over without crushing our entire banking system. The numbers involved are simply too large.

If we default on those notes, or try to "restructure" them to the point that we can pay them off in a reasonable amount of time, every bank in the country will go belly up, along with every credit union, due to how heavily invested in treasuries they really are. What do you think will happen if the banks and credit unions go under? We'll all have a picnic and toast the wisdom of Jefferson? Life will be rosy?

As for the entitlement spending? Go ahead. Cut off all assistance to the millions of people who have grown to rely on it, and see what happens next when they can't feed their kids.

We can't just write this all off or "restructure" it without serious consequences.

But what do I know? I'm just a garbage-spewing coward who spent 8 years as a securities broker trading treasuries every day. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom