• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    IMPORTANT HABIT TO INCORPORATE INTO YOUR DAILY LIFE!

Fill your gas tank whenever it gets to 1/2 tank and do so in the day light. If you can't do that at exactly 1/2 tank you have some extra time to wait until you can fill up in the daytime. Also, if there are sketchy-looking characters around the pumps, you can wait until the next day.

This has the additional benefit of helping your fuel pump last longer. Most fuel pumps are mounted in the fuel tank and are inadequately cooled when the tank is less than 1/4 full.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Who's "they" and given the shooter in this story was released...will "they"?
    I believe "They" are the prosecutors and judges you and your colleagues are frustrated by when they wont press charges, release them as fast as you can catch them, and otherwise not properly punishing criminals.

You guys are happy to bust em. But once you drop them off at the jail, things go off the rails. And that results in where we are at today.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    IMPORTANT HABIT TO INCORPORATE INTO YOUR DAILY LIFE!

Fill your gas tank whenever it gets to 1/2 tank and do so in the day light. If you can't do that at exactly 1/2 tank you have some extra time to wait until you can fill up in the daytime. Also, if there are sketchy-looking characters around the pumps, you can wait until the next day.

This has the additional benefit of helping your fuel pump last longer. Most fuel pumps are mounted in the fuel tank and are inadequately cooled when the tank is less than 1/4 full.
    And the gas doesn't vaporize as much as, less air space, better gas mileage. Win win

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Is today national police officer appreciation day
    No purple, I think it is

Edit: It was yesterday. Belated thank you.

That answers my question in Walmart yesterday, why are all the donuts at the check out?

Last edited:

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis

Some details added just after midnight. Brief summary:

Woman leaves kids in car to grab something from gas station.

Returns to find man trying to enter the car.

Tells him to go away because she has kids in the car.

He demands a "ride." They struggle.

Third person, a man, shoots alleged carjacker.

Fourth person, a woman, who was carjacked earlier saw her vehicle on the evening news at the scene.
    I'll save ya. Hold still now. Oops. Don't move. Oops. :shoot: :bash:

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    I didn't see it anywhere in the text of the article... at least not yet... but listening to the interview of female victim, the attempted car jacker demanded a ride and was trying to get into her locked car, when she intervened, they fought and the car jacker pulled a gun out while on top of her.

Good samaritan came out of the gas station, saw what was happening, ordered him off of her, then shot him.

In the news video showing what looks to be an SUV, the target of the carjacking with 4 kids inside, there is a two-tone firearm on the ground, presumably the perps.

Completely different woman watching the news last night saw her car (not the same one in this jacking) that had been carjacked at gunpoint by a man, a few miles away, 30-40 minutes earlier.

These dots seem to be connecting.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I didn't see it anywhere in the text of the article... at least not yet... but listening to the interview of female victim, the attempted car jacker demanded a ride and was trying to get into her locked car, when she intervened, they fought and the car jacker pulled a gun out while on top of her.

Good samaritan came out of the gas station, saw what was happening, ordered him off of her, then shot him.

In the news video showing what looks to be an SUV, the target of the carjacking with 4 kids inside, there is a two-tone firearm on the ground, presumably the perps.

Completely different woman watching the news last night saw her car (not the same one in this jacking) that had been carjacked at gunpoint by a man, a few miles away, 30-40 minutes earlier.

These dots seem to be connecting.
    That's what I've pieced together as well.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    So far, no update to the text of the news story that the car jacker pulled out a gun while on top of the woman.

Nor the quote of gratitude from the woman's interview, "Thank you so much for saving me and my kids, because I don't know what I would have did if he wasn't there."

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    So far, no update to the text of the news story that the car jacker pulled out a gun while on top of the woman.

Nor the quote of gratitude from the woman's interview, "Thank you so much for saving me and my kids, because I don't know what I would have did if he wasn't there."

I would say it's interesting that they haven't told the rest of the story but it goes against the narrative of all guns are bad and good people with guns don't prevent crime.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I would say it's interesting that they haven't told the rest of the story but it goes against the narrative of all guns are bad and good people with guns don't prevent crime.

You assume they *have* the rest of the story to tell. The aren't omniscient and since they weren't there the only parts they can tell is what others are willing to tell them.

You note Eli and Greenwood was covered pretty well, right? Individual outlets vary but the media as a whole has one narrative: make money for the media. If you don't like a particular slant or narrative, that's ok, someone else will buy it.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I just saw an interview of her on 59. She said the carjacker threatened her with a gun. A bullet went through the car door. She was shot twice, hand and arm I think. I think by the good semeriton. I don't know where she was when shot, maybe in the car or out or both. I'm glad no kids were shot. She thanked the guy for intervening.
    He didn't intend to shoot her, so no worries for him maybe.

“We want to remind everybody that just because they have a weapon doesn’t mean they should use it,” said Cook.
    This statement may be because she was shot, or the kids were put in danger by the good semeriton. Whatever it was, the officer was pretty peeved about it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Avoid gas stations after Midnight. That is all.
    We've had two since Christmas near morning rush, one at 0830 and one at 0915 with one involving a fatal shooting of the person being car-jacked

IMO more what part of town you're in - as in proximity to the parts of town the perps are comfortable in - is also an important indicator because they are becoming bolder all the time. Also seeing an uptick in 2, 3 or 4 perp 'crews' doing the crimes which makes attempted DGU much more dangerous

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    You assume they *have* the rest of the story to tell. The aren't omniscient and since they weren't there the only parts they can tell is what others are willing to tell them.

You note Eli and Greenwood was covered pretty well, right? Individual outlets vary but the media as a whole has one narrative: make money for the media. If you don't like a particular slant or narrative, that's ok, someone else will buy it.
    They actually have the video interview of the woman saying those exact things. So yes, they have that much information because it’s ON THAT SAME PAGE.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I just saw an interview of her on 59. She said the carjacker threatened her with a gun. A bullet went through the car door. She was shot twice, hand and arm I think. I think by the good semeriton. I don't know where she was when shot, maybe in the car or out or both. I'm glad no kids were shot. She thanked the guy for intervening.
    He didn't intend to shoot her, so no worries for him maybe.

“We want to remind everybody that just because they have a weapon doesn’t mean they should use it,” said Cook.
    This statement may be because she was shot, or the kids were put in danger by the good semeriton. Whatever it was, the officer was pretty peeved about it.
    So you’re now assuming the Good Samaritan **** her? Your assumptions didn’t help you out so much with the taco shooter.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    So you’re now assuming the Good Samaritan **** her? Your assumptions didn’t help you out so much with the taco shooter.
    Because

Context

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    We've had two since Christmas near morning rush, one at 0830 and one at 0915 with one involving a fatal shooting of the person being car-jacked

IMO more what part of town you're in - as in proximity to the parts of town the perps are comfortable in - is also an important indicator because they are becoming bolder all the time. Also seeing an uptick in 2, 3 or 4 perp 'crews' doing the crimes which makes attempted DGU much more dangerous
    Well then...I guess we just need to see an "uptick" in 3,4,5,6-person "Good Samaritan Crews" ganging up on carjackers and lighting them up with multiple guns at once ? :shoot:

Sounds like "they" deprived the Prosecutor of somebody to turn loose. Woman is grateful. Cracked eggs, made an omelet...all good. If the Good Sam had pistol-whipped the guy on the head, the perp would probably be in a hospital, lawyered up and sucking societal resources right now, instead of (eventually) being converted into ashes by county employees.

If somebody is ever on top of me or one of my loved ones attacking them with a gun, I hope a good guy helps out. Marksmanship is of course appreciated...but when your number comes up, we cannot always be choosy.

Unless it's a cop who grazes me...in which case I'll petition to have qualified immunity suspended, sue his azz and the ass he rode in on, and deplore his marksmanship on INGO. Aholes.

Train, people.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom