South Bend to start using facial recognition cameras.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    https://www.southbendtribune.com/st...eal-time-crime-center-technology/69750223007/

“We’ve had conversations with a number of business owners and there seems to be a lot of interest in the program,” Mueller said in November. “We expect a large number of businesses to sign up.”

I’ll be honest, I’m not sure if this technology only works on faces of former offenders who have mugshots or if it can recognize everyone. I take issue if businesses start implementing them without notice to customers. For example if you walk into your lgs and the police are collecting data on how much firearms/ammo you purchase.

Maybe I’m paranoid but what does ingo think about these cameras?

Got SIG?

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis
    https://www.southbendtribune.com/st...eal-time-crime-center-technology/69750223007/

“We’ve had conversations with a number of business owners and there seems to be a lot of interest in the program,” Mueller said in November. “We expect a large number of businesses to sign up.”

I’ll be honest, I’m not sure if this technology only works on faces of former offenders who have mugshots or if it can recognize everyone. I take issue if businesses start implementing them without notice to customers. For example if you walk into your lgs and the police are collecting data on how much firearms/ammo you purchase.

Read the book by Josh Chin and Liza Lin "Surveillance State" and you will know where this leads. We are losing our humanity to the zero trust of the Internet overlords. I am guilty as charged by posting on this site, but the book is worth the time to read it. Trust in God and follow Him as best that you can. God bless and Merry Christmas.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

If your state driver's license meets secure ID requirements, then the photo is useable in facial recognition software - by design

The required photo is low contrast, shot from a controlled distance and angle and you are required to remove anything (such as a hat, maybe glasses? I don't know because I don't wear them) that obstructs any details of your face

Top Bottom