• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sittydown

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    I can't help but think that this show and some of the others like it have led to people getting interested in firearms. Whether that's a good or bad thing I won't say, but I do think that sometimes exposure in the loosely termed "mainstream" can be a good thing even if people who are really into firearms/shooting don't approve of the content. I guess the point I would try to make is that it could serve to remove a little bit of taboo, if that makes any sense. With that being said, I prefer Joe Mantegna on MidwayUSA's Gun Stories and things like that. More educational for sure!

Easy1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Kokomo
    Just the fact that the 2 people who are suppose to run the place are actually merely employees, and Vince (who owns it) is treated like a low level manual laborer tears it for me. Glad Vince wised up and left (Red Jacket is now owned by 2 other employees of the shop (not Steph or her dad), he was the only one I liked (maybe Joe). I can't wait to see the stuff he puts out from his own new company.

herpderp.jpg

I just LOST it!!! I'm confused though - how did you hear that it's not Will's shop/business? If it's owned by employees - how does he treat the "owners" like sh - for TV ratings? Who are the actual owners then?

MrYesterday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Evansville
    I just LOST it!!! I'm confused though - how did you hear that it's not Will's shop/business? If it's owned by employees - how does he treat the "owners" like sh - for TV ratings? Who are the actual owners then?

Vince was the owner. Will and his daughter lost their FFL when they "misplaced" nearly a dozen fully automatic weapons. Will and his daughter acted like the owners for the show, they were/are merely office jockeys. Vince quit (good for him) and there are now a few owners with FFLs, none of which are Will or Steph.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    It's Will's business, the FFLs are just not in his name but the employee(s), down to Joe now I think. Apparently Will lost his FFL, but he says there were no discrepancies in weapons stock. Who knows why?

MrYesterday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Evansville
    It's Will's business, the FFLs are just not in his name but the employee(s), down to Joe now I think. Apparently Will lost his FFL, but he says there were no discrepancies in weapons stock. Who knows why?

He can say all he wants. The ATF tends to disagree with him, of course he's going to say that they're wrong. The business is helmed by the person/people with the FFL because without them there is no business. He might own the brick and mortar, but it's not a lot of use without the license. If you look up "Red Jacket Firearms LLC" you'll see "As of January 7, 2012, the listed officers of the LLC are Joseph Whitney Meaux, Vincent Gordon Buckles, and Charles Riley Watson; neither Will Hayden nor Stephanie Hayden are listed as officers".

Easy1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Kokomo
    Vince was the owner. Will and his daughter lost their FFL when they "misplaced" nearly a dozen fully automatic weapons. Will and his daughter acted like the owners for the show, they were/are merely office jockeys. Vince quit (good for him) and there are now a few owners with FFLs, none of which are Will or Steph.

Thanks for clearing that up, and I just read the Wiki post. Could you imagine how that is all written up legally though? Sure they had to get around the FFL issue by doing so - highly doubt he turned his business over other than on paper.

MrYesterday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Evansville
    Thanks for clearing that up, and I just read the Wiki post. Could you imagine how that is all written up legally though? Sure they had to get around the FFL issue by doing so - highly doubt he turned his business over other than on paper.

He didn't. It's a whole new business. It use to be just Red Jacket, now it's Red Jacket Firearms LLC. The person with the FFL is the one legally bound to keep everything on the up-and-up legally, and Will is no longer trusted with that responsibility by the government.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I feel R. Lee Emry should be ashamed promoting Glock. What the heck is wrong with standing by an American made firearm. U.S. American solider and what does he do? Lets start by standing up for American made products. OK, Glocks have a big following but America needs our support. Wake up R. Lee, I'm disappointed. Once again it's all about money, not America.

Really? Like our Fords made in Mexico or Chevy's in Canada? :rolleyes:

How many parts for the 1911 are coming up from Brazil?

You speak of soldiers... carrying a Italian Beretta handguns and our special forces using Belgium's Fabrique Nationale SCARs.

I supposed you don't have ANYTHING in your house that is made in china though... right?

I'd guess that Gunny would promote Springfield, RIA, Tuarus and anyone who would PAY him too... it's business... and people gotta eat!

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    The business is helmed by the person/people with the FFL because without them there is no business. He might own the brick and mortar, but it's not a lot of use without the license.
    I do believe he owns the brick and mortar and stock and equipment. If his FFLs quit he could conceivably get someone else to be the official FFL of his company. I agree about the ATF and who bears the responsibility of abiding by the laws.
    If you look up "Red Jacket Firearms LLC" you'll see "As of January 7, 2012, the listed officers of the LLC are Joseph Whitney Meaux, Vincent Gordon Buckles, and Charles Riley Watson; neither Will Hayden nor Stephanie Hayden are listed as officers".
    Last time I looked it up Vince wasn't on there. I don't even think Charlie was on there, I thought it was only Joe, but I may be misremembering.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I'm not sure how the thread got side tracked but did it ever occur to anyone that the Gunny promotes Glock because he believes in the product? As far as supporting an American product, most of us have weapons both guns and knives that are made in part or totally out of the USA by companies that are only American in name. Im not going to hack on the Gunny for promoting Glock. Now if he was doing something really foul like supporting Obama then I would raise a voice.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Concerning the ownership of Red Jacket. Just another nail in the coffin as far as I'm concerned. It goes to the reputation of the show as well as the individuals. The man lose his FFL and then has the gall to start the show by threatening people that if they dont follow the rules then they might be meeting him and some of his friends at which point he shows a badge. Where are they going to meet you Will? In a cell in prison with you setting beside them? Its more than just the inane drama in the show, I dont respect the people on the show or the ridiculous crap about guns they spew. The show has become more than a joke, its down right insulting now.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I'm not sure how the thread got side tracked but did it ever occur to anyone that the Gunny promotes Glock because he believes in the product? As far as supporting an American product, most of us have weapons both guns and knives that are made in part or totally out of the USA by companies that are only American in name. Im not going to hack on the Gunny for promoting Glock. Now if he was doing something really foul like supporting Obama then I would raise a voice.

I agree.
    At least Glock is a proud Austrian company that make their products in Austria.
    Not like many "American" companies that make their products in China and only design them in the US, that doesn't make it an American product in my opinion.

MrYesterday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Evansville
    I agree.
    At least Glock is a proud Austrian company that make their products in Austria.
    Not like many "American" companies that make their products in China and only design them in the US, that doesn't make it an American product in my opinion.

Considering Glock has a factory in America too, wouldn't that make them just like the companies like Coke, Ford, ect. that everyone hates on? They make Glocks in Austria for America, and make Glocks in America for Europe. :dunno:

I have 2 American made Glocks, the only difference between them and the ones from Austria is the place they were constructed, and the American Glocks don't have Tenifer (EPA won't allow the process done in the US).

Now I love Glock, but how does that business model exclude them from the stigma the other companies carry?

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    Are you Kidding! This and Lizzard Lick Towing are my FAVORITE SHOWS! The Lizzard Lick Guys were at the last 1500! ....Lol...im just kidding, these shows are the worst programs ever... Sons of Guns Deagle episode when she says the Beretta 9mm in her hand is a 50 cal? LOL REALLY!

Top Bottom