• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    That's only because you have cut yourself so many times that your kinda like Swiss Cheese. Just look through the holes.

D'OH!!

Awesome! An actual good movie out of hollyweird for a change.
    Imax was loud as hell and it helped set the mood.

Interesting . . . do I need to rewatch Bladerunner before I see it?

I saw it, ankle carry, I don't know why the director made it a R rated movie, the nudity didn't add anything to the story line. I think they missed the mark. See it on the big screen for the visual, rent it at Redbox for $2 for the story. What I wanted to see: Manufactured Being, does it have a soul, what is a soul? Virtual Construct (AI) Being, does it have a soul, what is a soul. There was some elements of this but the movie tried too hard to link back to the Original Bladerunner. Can't say more without spoilers.

I've read that R movies generally make more money than PG-13, so sometimes they'll add some boobleage or an extra F-word or three to push it to the R.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Saw The My Little Pony Movie today with my daughter. Relax guys, she is 7. Ol' VERT hasn't become a bronie (which was a term I didn't know existed until tonight when a TraceBook friend made the reference.) Cargo shorts and untucked Tshirt with a 1911 in an OWB holster, extra mag, SureFire, 2 knives, iPhone, small trauma kit. Just the basics for a casual rainy day trip to the movies with the kids.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Awesome! An actual good movie out of hollyweird for a change.
    Imax was loud as hell and it helped set the mood.

I saw it, ankle carry, I don't know why the director made it a R rated movie, the nudity didn't add anything to the story line. I think they missed the mark. See it on the big screen for the visual, rent it at Redbox for $2 for the story. What I wanted to see: Manufactured Being, does it have a soul, what is a soul? Virtual Construct (AI) Being, does it have a soul, what is a soul. There was some elements of this but the movie tried too hard to link back to the Original Bladerunner. Can't say more without spoilers.

This is good enough to get my interest. I am striving to use my movie experience as more entertainment than critic now. Except for tactics and arms handling....:):

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    These days I am usually carrying my full size TP9SA in an OWB kydex holster, with a shirt untucked over it. I have yet to be "caught" as far as I know. All I can figure is that this guy had the grip sticking out of his pocket? :dunno:

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Saw The My Little Pony Movie today with my daughter. Relax guys, she is 7. Ol' VERT hasn't become a bronie (which was a term I didn't know existed until tonight when a TraceBook friend made the reference.) Cargo shorts and untucked Tshirt with a 1911 in an OWB holster, extra mag, SureFire, 2 knives, iPhone, small trauma kit. Just the basics for a casual rainy day trip to the movies with the kids.
    My wife took the girls to see that one without me. I got lucky!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

What is a "bronie"? I'm afraid to google it.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    My wife took the girls to see that one without me. I got lucky!

It was better then the SpongeBob Movie. Anything is better then that junk. Animated ponies who break out in song I can handle. My only complaint was the stale popcorn.

What is a "bronie"? I'm afraid to google it.

It is an adult male who is a big fan of My Little Pony. Don't google it!!! People want to post pictures of their fetish on the internet.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It is an adult male who is a big fan of My Little Pony. Don't google it!!! People want to post pictures of their fetish on the internet.

Uh, okay. I'm glad my Spidey senses told me not to Google. Whew!

I'd like to insert my "I DON'T JUDGE!"disclaimer here, but that's just weird.

I go everywhere completely unarmed and without extra ammo.

See if you can prove otherwise...without copping a feel.

So what do you put in the sleeves of Matlock-style seersucker suit jacket?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Interesting . . . do I need to rewatch Bladerunner before I see it?

Not necessary BUT you will get the parts that click with the original if you give it a rewatch.
    This one has a different feel from the original "theatrical version" with the voice overs. It is closer to the "final cut" version of Bladerunner.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The Pythons.

Whaddaya gonna do, brother?!!!

Not necessary BUT you will get the parts that click with the original if you give it a rewatch.
    This one has a different feel from the original "theatrical version" with the voice overs. It is closer to the "final cut" version of the original Bladerunner.

I just happen to have the director's cut on my Hopper. I shall view prior to the new movie. It's likely I won't see it until it hits pay per view, though!

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I haven't been to a movie theater in a long time. With HD Television and Netflix/Amazon, I don't feel the need.

I do enjoy watching movies at home and always carry when I do.

I don't go to the theater either and have been to one movie - invited by friends over a year ago - in probably a decade. The door price for a mid-day showing is extremely low. Where they get you is on the munchies and anything to drink and that's where all the theater profit is. Hollywood's recent output hasn't done much to attract me anyway. I'll snag an occasional one here or there when the disc is released and put it into the pile.

That pile is biggest reason as it's currently 400 movies on Blu-ray to watch at home on a decently sized home theater. Much of it is stuff you wouldn't find in mainstream theaters anyway. Less than 50 of those were made in the past 5 years. Just watched Nanook of the North last night, a 1922 Canadian silent. The superb grandfather of all documentaries, it was made before they called them documentaries. Watching Hiroshima mon Amour this afternoon, a 1959 French film, Alain Resnais' first feature length. After that is Andrei Rublev, a 1966 Soviet film by Andrei Tarkovsky (noted most for his '72 Sci-fi film Solaris, remade in the US 30 years later). Tarkovsky managed to make excellent films in spite of Soviet control and censorship, and eventually exiled in 1983 out of frustration and anger with Mosfilm. Just a little over half the pile is English language (USA, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand). Most of the rest are from Quebec (French Canadien), Europe and Asia (Japan, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, S. Korea). They span 1922 - 2017.

Just looked at the nearest theater showings . . . a 12-plex . . . maybe one film would have my interest . . . maybe. For Halloween I'm planning on the Vampyr (1932; German; already watched Nosferatu the Vampyre), Kuroneko (1963; Japan), Peeping Tom (1960; UK), and maybe A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night (2014; USA). You wouldn't find any of these in a standard theater.

John

Top Bottom