• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think seeing the truth is something that people on the right they have a monopoly on. And they tend to be the most eager to gobble it up, if it fits into their worldview and vilifies those they disagree with.
    It's the same thing with everyone. It's a human nature that's good to override if you can. Elitist progressives behave the same way. But you might be quicker to notice it in people you like less.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    But my favorite is truenews.com or whatever. I mean. You gotta admire the sheer hubris there. Or laugh at it. One or the other.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Hey, I wasn't replying to anyone in particular. Just making a general statement. I love the name truenews. I'm not sure anyone can top that one. I mean. Everything else is fakenews, when you call yourself truenews.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Hey, I wasn't replying to anyone in particular. Just making a general statement. I love the name truenews. I'm not sure anyone can top that one. I mean. Everything else is fakenews, when you call yourself truenews.
    Dang it! Okay. Got that domain a little wrong. It's trunews.com. But still.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It's the same thing with everyone. It's a human nature that's good to override if you can. Elitist progressives behave the same way. But you might be quicker to notice it in people you like less.
    While I did say monopoly, that isn't true. Leftist do the same. I just think that those on the right are more prone to believe that type of thing.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    What does this confirm? What does it tell anyone with a brain?

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I think seeing the truth is something that people on the right they have a monopoly on. And they tend to be the most eager to gobble it up, if it fits into their worldview and vilifies those they disagree with.
    We need definitions. There is no truth when both sides load their words to bend the facts to suit their purpose. BOTH sides.
    When we speak to each other without thought for how the other feels without care about how we make them feel, as we would tend to if we were face to face there is/will be no coming together to a solution we can all live with. Pretend you (all of you) are across the table from those you are trying to convince. And be kind.

silverspoon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Bloomfield
    And from this side of the aisle the same can be said of the left.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

He's a little late.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010

That Republicans in power think it benefits their chances of continuing in power to make voting more difficult.

Or are we now--in just this one instance--supposed to assume that some politician is doing something for a reason other than because it will benefit him?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    That Republicans in power think it benefits their chances of continuing in power to make voting more difficult.

Or are we now--in just this one instance--supposed to assume that some politician is doing something for a reason other than because it will benefit him?
    Perhaps it is a concern about part of the public believing that elections no longer are legitimate and are acting out, in perhaps an unwise manner. That reaction is likely to continue or maybe get worse if something isn't done to show that our elections are going to be protected.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Pravda literally meant 'truth'

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    As we sit here today, there's no fraud/mistake that would change the election - neither the general nor the GA runoff. It would not be rational to act in any other way in terms of the inauguration.
    Plenty of plausible mechanisms have been delineated that could have been employed to change vote totals in the battleground states, which indeed would have changed the outcome of the election, and it would not have taken a vast conspiracy to do so. The ground was prepared by the constant drumbeat of 'Trump is a fascist Nazi intent on destroying our democracy', which in effect implicitly gave people license in their own minds to do bad things because they believed they were doing them for the 'right' reasons.

That even before 6 Jan almost no one was interested in actually investigating whether some plausible cheating possibilities were actually used is not the same as saying there was no evidence of same

Doesn't it go "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I thought we've already established that this belief is based on faith that they cheated via computer. Surely you don't expect everyone to believe it too, enough to call the people who don't believe the same thing, "dense"?
    Perhaps you should try a thought experiment. Given what you know of the methods and vulnerabilities of the voting methods used this year, if you wanted to make sure the 'Blue Wall' in the swing states was rebuilt with the fewest people actually required to be in on the steal, how would you go about it? And, having done that honestly, how well does what you conclude would be the most effective methods match up with any irregularites in the actual election

Weren't you the originator of the quote "If it looks like you're hiding something, ima' think you're hiding something"? What happened?

Top Bottom