• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I can say from experience that CZ makes some fine firearms. I have owned three, and my Father has owned two. I first had a model 97 .45 ACP, and a model 75B in .40 s&w. The 97's are very very accurate. On the downside, no decocker and way to big to carry. I'm used to carrying a 92FS, when I was in the sevice. Which was in DOA mode. The 75's are also great guns. Again no decocker, or high cap factory mags.

I then traded the 75 for a 40P. Not knowing it was a franken gun. A progect with Colt gone wrong. It's was a P-01 frame mated to fit 40 mags. Fited to a 40P frame. I bought it because it was compact, and had a decocker. Well lets just say I had alot of feeding problems with it. I got the redesigned magazines, and had the feed ramp polished. That made things a little better, but could not fully rely on it for a carry weapon.

Needles to say I traded that, and the 97. For an XD .40. High cap mags, polymer frame, triger and grip safety. Also SAO mode from the get go. One less thing to worry about. I got the gun, holster, five mags, and two mag pouches and traded eaven.

I will though always vouch for CZ's. It's just a personal choice. CZ really needs to make a .45 with a 3.5"-4" barrel with decocker, like their new 97D model. Now they are at least making a P-06 .40 with decocker. Also you can now get the 85B's with a decocker also. They both where gifts, so I did not pick them. If I ever buy another .9mm, It will be a P-01.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    If I ever buy another .9mm, It will be a P-01.
    I've got a P-01 and use it as one of the house guns. Great gun, but while you like guns with a decocker (the P-01 is a decocking model) I prefer guns without decockers and instead with the standard frame mounted safety. So I won't carry a decocking gun but I will carry a safety equipped gun. To each his own :)

In any case its interesting to see that nobody here is complaining about the CZ pistols!

I'm looking forward to the brand new polymer CZ P-07, which is due out on dealer shelves soon. Its a polymer framed gun that is a cross between a P-01 and a 75-Compact. It comes with a modular safety/decocker system that is user changeable so I can carry the gun with a safety and you can carry it with a decocker :yesway: The P-07 should make a great carry gun, it is the size of a Glock 19 or Colt Commander, lightweight, and IIRC holds 14 rounds of 9mm.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I'm looking forward to the brand new polymer CZ P-07, which is due out on dealer shelves soon. Its a polymer framed gun that is a cross between a P-01 and a 75-Compact. It comes with a modular safety/decocker system that is user changeable so I can carry the gun with a safety and you can carry it with a decocker

For those not familiar with it:
    main104.png

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Decockers are a pain in the a.. Just my opinion, but then I carry a 97B frequently without problem. I also shoot my best groups with the 97B. Shoot it better than my Kimber gold Match. Next purchase will be a CZ full size in 40 SW. What's this "no high cap mag's" thing. The SP-01 has a 16 round mag. Haw many do you want? Just an old0 gray hair4 comments.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Decockers are a pain in the a.. Just my opinion, but then I carry a 97B frequently without problem. I also shoot my best groups with the 97B. Shoot it better than my Kimber gold Match. Next purchase will be a CZ full size in 40 SW. What's this "no high cap mag's" thing. The SP-01 has a 16 round mag. Haw many do you want? Just an old0 gray hair4 comments.

I was refering to the model 97, and the 75 in the .40 caliber. The .9mm's are the only models available with high cap mags.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    Add me to the CZ club. I was looking for something a little newer to carry and I had always heard so many great things about them that when I found a decent deal on a 75B today, I snatched it up. I must have held and sighted 50 pistols this weekend just to be sure that's what I wanted. I am so in love with this thing and I haven't even run anything but snap caps through it yet. :)

Time to go pop some rounds through it tomorrow. For the first time EVER, I finally bought a gun I already had ammo for LOL

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    AAC had a CZ75B for $439. Very nice gun. I sold my CZ452 Standard today to try to fund a CZ452 American in .22LR, if I can find one. The guy I'm set up with at the show has a 453 American in 17HMR, but I just got one in that caliber. I want a .22 or maybe a .22 Mag

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    AAC had a CZ75B for $439.
    That price is below dealer cost for a standard 75B. Was it one of the 75B Omega canceled police contract guns? That version was closed out to dealers at $399 by one of the wholesalers, which sort of caused a bit of confusion in the market because the price is well below the normal wholesale for any model of the CZ75. Or was it used?

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    You have several CZs don't you? I'd like to 'hold and handle' the SP01 and a full size 9mm soon before I buy one. I held a 75B today and really liked it. I may just have to splurge and get a comp. CZ, or a tactical one!... who knows...
    AAC had a CZ75B for $439. Very nice gun. I sold my CZ452 Standard today to try to fund a CZ452 American in .22LR, if I can find one. The guy I'm set up with at the show has a 453 American in 17HMR, but I just got one in that caliber. I want a .22 or maybe a .22 Mag

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    I picked up a CZ85 Combat today...haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but if I fondle it anymore it's going to press charges against me. :D

Very nice and solid pistol. Hope it shoots as good as it feels.

Top Bottom