• wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Maglite, Surefire, Elzetta, Fulton, some of the Streamlights

What size light are you looking for?
    Minimum 1100 lumens preferably in 1300 range. Approximately the same size as my Klarus. It fit just right in my strong side small pocket in my 511’s.

Right now I am leaning towards the Surefire, what Torks me off is that I got 3 years out of my Klarus no issues recharging, etc reliable as all get out and not sensitive to use.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Minimum 1100 lumens preferably in 1300 range. Approximately the same size as my Klarus. It fit just right in my strong side small pocket in my 511’s.

Right now I am leaning towards the Surefire, what Torks me off is that I got 3 years out of my Klarus no issues recharging, etc reliable as all get out and not sensitive to use.
    What throw range are you looking for? How tight of a beam? Those are possibly the more important things to look at.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Another shout out for streamlight, yet to have any issues and thousands of rounds Tlr-1, tlr-1s, tlr1-hl, pro tac rail, macro stream, micro stream.
    Surefire x300 issues out the gate for three times the price. Gasket around lens now poking out so likely not waterproof, looks good but won’t buy another one.
    Trying an Olight tactical on a long gun after recommendations from others that do not baby their guns. Never heard of the spontaneous combustion before so going to proceed with caution. Was going to pick up additional accessories but everything is on back order so beware if you want additional batteries, mounts … I do like their magnetic charging option/end cap versatility but only time will tell.
    If I needed a light tomorrow that I would trust my life to and have had great experiences I’d have to say Streamlight.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Another shout out for streamlight, yet to have any issues and thousands of rounds Tlr-1, tlr-1s, tlr1-hl, pro tac rail, macro stream, micro stream.
    Surefire x300 issues out the gate for three times the price. Gasket around lens now poking out so likely not waterproof, looks good but won’t buy another one.
    Trying an Olight tactical on a long gun after recommendations from others that do not baby their guns. Never heard of the spontaneous combustion before so going to proceed with caution. Was going to pick up additional accessories but everything is on back order so beware if you want additional batteries, mounts … I do like their magnetic charging option/end cap versatility but only time will tell.
    If I needed a light tomorrow that I would trust my life to and have had great experiences I’d have to say Streamlight.
    all the ones I have heard about were in-pocket burns. These are 1000lm torches that get HOTTTTT. So you bump the switch, and instead of seeing your pants glow, they start smoking. :runaway:

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I use Jetbean RRT 0 Raptor on my belt.
    I have an Acebeam W30 LEP with 1.5 mile throw on my long gun. All those chumps with their fireworks last night couldn't outdo my Chinesium torch esp with a prism. Once they shot theirs off...Poof! Gone. I still have my Acebeam.

Slonsteady

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Plainfield
    I have built several Convoy S2+ from scratch (USA MADE by me) with custom emitters and programmable drivers that use Samsung 18650 LiPo batteries. trust these 100% I do.
    For manufactured lights with value, I really like the Lumintop tool AA. Super easy to carry, reverse clicky only but It has hidden modes like Strobe if needed. But it’s moonlight to turbo modes are versatile. I sometimes run mine with a 14500 LiPo when I really have the need for lumins. My Nicron N7 with 90 degree swivel head is another good light when I want to clip to mole, a hat or metal with the magnetic tail cap. It will light up a large area with a 14500, or for casual use a AA or enenloop will more than light up a very very large room. All these manufacturers are available on Amazon.
    Yeah I like flashlights too.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

Put one like this through some pretty good abuse, use it all the time.
    It is made in China, but it’s not just sub-contracted out, seems like they want to own it up and down the line. Good warranty.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Hay, Hay, Hay, let’s allow one old fudd in here. 1-4 d cell incandescent bulb, extra bulb in end cap. And 1-5 d cell LED bulb, extra bulb in end cap. Mag-Lite’s both.

And if one of mine walks off, I can find it….just follow the wheelbarrow tracks.

Have had the 4 cell for at least 30 yrs, still works every morning and a lot of nights.

Edit to add. :laugh: :fogey: :):
    Just checked my wife’s bedside nightstick and it lit up just fine. I did feel old holding the Maglight.

Reactions: Mij

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    40 year old 3 D cell Streamlight (can it really be that old?) and still going strong. Been thru He!! and back, but never let me down. Not the prettiest girl at the dance anymore, but I could not ask for a more reliable friend. And the stories it could tell!

schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    Formerly had used a Klarus brand. Now needing to replace it I was wondering if Klarus was still the best bang for your buck?
    I know others have bashed olight, but I've carried a baton pro for several years with no issues. Really like the magnetic base and charger. Have other models in all my vehicles.
    Prior to the olight, I had an emisar 3500+ lumen light. After too many pocket fires I retired it! Prior to that was a zebra light. Excellent even beam, but when I lost it moved on to others for increased brightness.
    Rick

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I know others have bashed olight, but I've carried a baton pro for several years with no issues. Really like the magnetic base and charger. Have other models in all my vehicles.
    Prior to the olight, I had an emisar 3500+ lumen light. After too many pocket fires I retired it! Prior to that was a zebra light. Excellent even beam, but when I lost it moved on to others for increased brightness.
    Rick
    Thanks although I really wanted to replace it with a made in the US model I think I am going to purchase the updated model. I have been very pleased with it and the programming feature is a plus.

Top Bottom