• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gravyman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 21, 2022
    Fishers
    Formerly had used a Klarus brand. Now needing to replace it I was wondering if Klarus was still the best bang for your buck?
    Lots of people will hate on olight, sometimes for good reason. If you want best bang for your buck, check out weuben. I have three thrunites, two olights, two streamlights. For a duty/carry light weuben is just so good for the price.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Well I ended up going with the updated model of the Klarus. Only draw back was the battery is an add on.

it appears around here about the only place to get them is Greens. I am probably just going to go by there later this week and get the battery.

Honestly seem like a poor choice to go cheap on the battery. I am kicking around the idea of getting a holster for it. Kind of on the fence about it. I really do not need something else on my belt. Kind of looking to see if anyone makes a mag carrier with a slot for a flashlignt?

Otherwise I may just stick to pocket carry.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Well I ended up going with the updated model of the Klarus. Only draw back was the battery is an add on.

it appears around here about the only place to get them is Greens. I am probably just going to go by there later this week and get the battery.

Honestly seem like a poor choice to go cheap on the battery. I am kicking around the idea of getting a holster for it. Kind of on the fence about it. I really do not need something else on my belt. Kind of looking to see if anyone makes a mag carrier with a slot for a flashlignt?

Otherwise I may just stick to pocket carry.
    I'm not familiar with that flashlight. How big is the body of it? There are several makers that make it for a 1" body

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    I'm not familiar with that flashlight. How big is the body of it? There are several makers that make it for a 1" body
    Just broke out the tape measure, yeah me measuring something lol.

But it is about 3/4 diameter at the tail switch and one inch at reflector end and 8 inches in length overall.

thanks

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Just broke out the tape measure, yeah me measuring something lol.

But it is about 3/4 diameter at the tail switch and one inch at reflector end and 8 inches in length overall.

thanks
    8 inches is probably to long for the style that holds it by the tail switch area. I'm not sure if anyone makes one with a loop the flashlight can go through.

I did carry my bigger flashlight at work with one of these, it's not terribly bulky when not being used, and is pretty easy to remove. I think they make them for 1" flashlights also

104156_104183.jpg

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    8 inches is probably to long for the style that holds it by the tail switch area. I'm not sure if anyone makes one with a loop the flashlight can go through.

I did carry my bigger flashlight at work with one of these, it's not terribly bulky when not being used, and is pretty easy to remove. I think they make them for 1" flashlights also

View attachment 212677
    Thank you I am still kind of on the fence about it.
    For work I may just stick to using the left side pocket of my 511,s I am not sure it may well be designed for a flashlight?

For nights and weekends I may just experiment. I always carry everything on the right between 15:00 and 16:00. Ideally I would not mind finding a leather mag light combo.

Name

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Randolph County
    Late to the party, but I've been carrying a Nitecore p12 for 10ish years. I bought it at Bill Goodman's at Hara Arena, and 18650 batteries at RadioShack. Absolutely a great light that I would recommend to anybody.

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    Interesting thread. I have been carrying an Olight S2R Baton II for a couple of years as an EDC. I use it every single day, and have had zero issues.
    I have been considering passing it on to my wife and upgrading. Lately Acebeam has my attention with the EL70? Larger battery and I think 4600 max lumens? I might have the model wrong.

Scott58

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    NW indiana
    I've carried a wuben L50 for 7 or 8 years now. Best flashlight I've ever owned. Gets a bit warm if left on for awhile, but no complaints.

Top Bottom