• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Maybe Olight? Looking at their lineup, I get a VERY strong feeling that they both use the same factory. I'm seeing some of the same lights I own in there.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Maybe Olight? Looking at their lineup, I get a VERY strong feeling that they both use the same factory. I'm seeing some of the same lights I own in there.

I would STRONGLY advise everyone to avoid OLight. They’ve had more than enough problems with lights shorting out in pockets, activating on their own, and doing a host of other things to cause fires (and at least one documented death) that I won’t have one in my house. Streamlight is the lowest tier I’ll use for “duty” use, personally.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I would STRONGLY advise everyone to avoid OLight. They’ve had more than enough problems with lights shorting out in pockets, activating on their own, and doing a host of other things to cause fires (and at least one documented death) that I won’t have one in my house. Streamlight is the lowest tier I’ll use for “duty” use, personally.
    Ive heard of those issues as well. Just pointing out that these might actually be Olights with a different badge. (or vice versa)

My EDC is a Coast HP2. Small enough to ride in my pants pocket and not be bulky. Bright enough for low light shooting.* I get about 3 years out of one EDCing.

For brighter, bump in the night work I have either a Olight in a holster on my battle belt (only reports of injuries Im aware of are pocket carry bumping the button), or I grab a Lux-Pro LP600 out of the holder next to the door.

*Yes, its sub 100lm but I'm not shooting at anything that beam cant light up. If its that far away, I'm going the other direction. I actually ran it in one of Coach's low light shoots and it was acceptable to 25 yards. I wasnt going to blind them, but I could positively ID my target

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    My sons have carried Stream lite Strions? for 4 and 6 years now.
    Not a problem with either.
    I have a Jr, Jr led, headlamp, Stinger and a Stinger Switchblade.

The switch went out on the Jr I carried at work and they actually sent 2 new LED versions. I took the tail cap switch off of one of them and got the older Jr going again for work. Have an extra Jr for at home.

No fuss warranty on the only time I've needed it.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Fenix; I carry an E 35.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I still have surefire weapon lights, but switched over to Olight at the beginning of this year for handhelds. Tailcap rubber wore through on my Fury and it never was warrantied. :xmad:

Olight seems to have recalled and re-jiggered their problem lights. I have a couple of Warier Mini II's and a Warier X3. I like an index finger ring for a handheld. These models come with that. Magnetic tailcap charging sealed the deal for me to go along with unique color variations and patterns that are easier to see in the dark. Paterns that are quite likely unmistakably mine.

FYI - The way to buy these lights is through the huge promo's that Olight runs. Second to that is buying off of ebay, (from the guys who originally stocked up at the Olight promos.) The ebay Olights that I have bought have been sealed in the box.

This one was in my pocket, when this thread showed up. I carry it day and night, rarely turning on room lights for most small tasks.

promo's.) 20220704_220518.jpg 20220704_220434.jpg

Last edited:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Convoy.
    I have at least 5 and if you knew how good these are and if you are willing to wait the god long shipping for China how cheap that were these are the cost champions. Lots of people use them as a base for custom lights also

I have 3 c8 plus a big one with long throw and the h1. I think they big one I have under 40 for the c 8 plus 13-15 each.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    FYI - The way to buy these lights is through the huge promo's that Olight runs.
    Very true. Get on their mailing list and they will let you know before they start.

I'm another user of Olights. I've had a S1 Baton of some sort in my pocket for 10 years. While I do occasionally accidently turn it on, it doesn't just magically turn itself on.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Strion HL DS for the belt, Stinger HP DS for the car. I oft think about getting one of the Chinesium super throwers for grins, but just never have done it. My squad has killed more than a few of the value brands, usually through water and impact exposure.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Convoy.
    I have at least 5 and if you knew how good these are and if you are willing to wait the god long shipping for China how cheap that were these are the cost champions. Lots of people use them as a base for custom lights also

I have 3 c8 plus a big one with long throw and the h1. I think they big one I have under 40 for the c 8 plus 13-15 each.
    This go round I would like to stay made in the US which appears to be a tall order.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Hay, Hay, Hay, let’s allow one old fudd in here. 1-4 d cell incandescent bulb, extra bulb in end cap. And 1-5 d cell LED bulb, extra bulb in end cap. Mag-Lite’s both.

And if one of mine walks off, I can find it….just follow the wheelbarrow tracks.

Have had the 4 cell for at least 30 yrs, still works every morning and a lot of nights.

Edit to add. :laugh: :fogey: :):

Last edited:
    Top Bottom