• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Heading to Illinois next week for my first snow goose hunt. I've hunted Canadians here and love it. Really hoping to get in on alot of snows there. Anyone else been out of state or hunt snows here?

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    I have been to il snow hunting. it was fun and I would do it again. The guy had 1000's of decoys and that was neat hunting in a spread like that. The amount of birds in the sky is an amazing sight. have fun!

Last edited:

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    I’ve been over there 3 times and always see thousands of birds but they are very skittish. They will hover over you for ever acting like they will drop and then gone because they didn’t like something. Hope for wind and low temps. Hope you slay them!

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Well so far 1 goose has come in to land. So out of ten guys who knows who hit it. These snow geese are apparently the mature ones and harder to get to come in. So it's bee. A very, very slow day

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Well so far 1 goose has come in to land. So out of ten guys who knows who hit it. These snow geese are apparently the mature ones and harder to get to come in. So it's bee. A very, very slow day
    With 10 guys shooting, is there enough left of the goose to make a meal?

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    Guides like to use that excuse if their crew is not getting birds to commit. Juvenile and adult birds are flying the same route back north so your going to see them all. Is your ground snow covered or muddy?

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Pretty muddy. Towards end of the evening thousands came in. But they landed about 1k yards from us

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Th
    Well if your hunting anymore days, good luck. Hopefully something changes for you all. Hang in there.
    Thanks on our last day. At a different spot today.. Had a bunch come in first light. None would commit. And guids say there's another outfitter couple fields away. I'd definitely do this again but won't get hopes up and think it'll be like on YouTube. But it is why the call it hunting and not killing

jpr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I could tell some stories about hunting snows when I lived in Arkansas. We very rarely tried to decoy them. Usually found a ditch they were close to and jump shot them.

Top Bottom