• Status
    Not open for further replies.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Is this the same place that had the guy on the news saying he thought universal background checks are a good thing?

Yes. And I believe it was Mayday671 that espoused that very idea.

O Actually I didn't say that at all. I'm very up to date on the legislation that failed and never supported it. I actually have no problem stopping private gun sales to anyone your not related to. Everyone here has seen some weirdo purchasing a firearm with no background check at a gun show. Now we all know that it wouldn't stop all mass shootings or firearms crimes, but it may keep you from selling a firearm to someone with a criminal history or mental issue at a gun show. Thing is, a universal background check hurts no one, now the other bull**** in this bill does and that's why I stated I could not support any legislation without knowing every detail. I also mentioned the possibility of combining the NICS background with the national mental health registry. I am a staunch supporter of the 2nd amendment and will continue to resist any and all anti gun legislation. I also do not see any reason that there shouldn't be free background checks given at all gun shows. This way you can be sure any firearm your selling is being purchased by a lawful citizen. If you do not believe people attend gun shows on purpose to purchase a firearm who legally can not then you need to educate yourselves. For example, we have people coming into the store and attempting it, so why wouldn't they go to a gun show. To the OP, please educate yourself before spreading false statements. I wish the interview would have been edited better.

You obviously didn't listen to what I actually said. Also the interview was edited pourly. Do you really think everyone who buys a firearm from you is legally allowed to? Do you support selling your personal firearm to a convicted felon? I would love to know, I have never supported this legislation and never will. Now as for universal background checks, I do support them even though I know they will not keep everyone who wants a firearm illegally to get one. However it surely protects the seller and removes a small amount of ammunition from antigunners. I personally dislike the fact that anyone can legally sell a firearm to another individual without a background check. I have every firearm I have ever sold transferred through a dealer and always have. Part of owning a firearm is responsible care and safety, which I believe gets thrown out when you sell a firearm to someone who do not know. 1. That firearm can be traced to you. 2. You have no idea who your selling to or what the firearm will be used for. I could care less about profiting and would fully support free transfers if I was the business owner. If I was looking to profit, I would support the internet sales tax, which I strongly reject.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I bought a few items there, always got treated nice, and they were really good to the area vets from what I could tell. I hope the employees are able to find good work elsewhere quickly.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    The man has a right to his opinion. He doesn't deserve to get beat up over it.

He does deserve a face to face discussion, not internet trashing.

Sometimes I really hate this internet thing.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana

He certainly has a right to his opinion and his opinion was that we should have to be subjected to universal background checks for every private firearm sale.

-Jake-

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    NWI
    I feel about as bad for him as I do the people who voted for Obama, then lost their healthcare. :):

Mayday671

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Monroeville
    Yes. And I believe it was Mayday671 that espoused that very idea.

Actually I stated what the owner told me to state. I have never had a problem with background check and never will if it is simply a background check. I did not support the legislation attached to the background checks therefor I didn't support the legislation proposed and unfortunately the media edited the interview in a way that confused the message. Why am I not opposed to background check?, because they honestly would not hurt anyone. That is if it is simply a background check to prove you legally can own a firearm, no different than the background check to obtain a Indiana License to Carry. Even though I don't have an issue with a background check, I do not believe they will effect crime and may only prevent a handful of illegal transfers. I own numerous Class 3 firearms and items and could really care less about a background check considering I have numerous Tax Stamps on register.

Mayday671

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Monroeville
    There is alot more information to come. I think people will be amazed at how deep the shady scams went and where the owner may end up. Unfortunately it is all in litigation right now and this post was simply a warning to those with guns there to get in touch with the attorney so you can have your firearm transferred back to you before its status is left in the hands of a bankruptcy trustee. I know approximately 20 serial numbered items that are locked up there and need to be returned.

Mayday671

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Monroeville
    He certainly has a right to his opinion and his opinion was that we should have to be subjected to universal background checks for every private firearm sale.

Yes my personal opinion is, who cares if a background check is required to sell or buy a firearm face to face. I don't care as long as it is a simple NICS check without any kind of registration. It just protects legal sellers from selling to a felon or a felon from selling a firearm to a legal individual. I do not believe it will stop any sales between criminals and I doubt it will affect many sales at all. I do believe it will simply protect those law abiding citizens when buying or selling which is why I run all my sales and purchases through a dealer to avoid liability. It truly would be feel good legislation that would shut the mouths of anti gunners when they keep pushing their talking points on the so called Gun Show Loop Hole they always bring up. That being said, how do you know the strange meeting you in the parking lot, gun show, etc is legally allowed to own a firearm? Sure a vaild ILCH would be a good start but not everyone has a permit. Anyhow I served 12 years in the military and 1 year in Iraq so we can have different opinions so we may just have to disagree. I was unhappy with the way the interview was edited and the message I gave was the approved message given to me. **** happens and the damage was done.

Mayday671

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Monroeville
    I bought a few items there, always got treated nice, and they were really good to the area vets from what I could tell. I hope the employees are able to find good work elsewhere quickly.

Actually no they were not good to area veterans and that will come out in the public eye very soon.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Actually I stated what the owner told me to state. I have never had a problem with background check and never will if it is simply a background check. I did not support the legislation attached to the background checks therefor I didn't support the legislation proposed and unfortunately the media edited the interview in a way that confused the message. Why am I not opposed to background check?, because they honestly would not hurt anyone. That is if it is simply a background check to prove you legally can own a firearm, no different than the background check to obtain a Indiana License to Carry. Even though I don't have an issue with a background check, I do not believe they will effect crime and may only prevent a handful of illegal transfers. I own numerous Class 3 firearms and items and could really care less about a background check considering I have numerous Tax Stamps on register.

You advocated eliminating virtually all firearms transfers between private individuals except for family members.

You could get hit by a bus and I personally wouldn't care.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Swiper, no swiping! Swiper, no swiping! SWIPER, NO SWIPING!

I see you have a daughter too. My condolances for also being forced to watch that wretched show. :):

Yep. Cut the guy some slack. He had the decency to come in here and warn everyone to get anything they might have there. He could have very easily assumed some of you that gave him a hard time had stuff there and kept his bacon hole shut in hopes of the possibility of retribution through lost property. As someone who had a hard time reclaiming property after a similar fubar incident, I can appreciate the warning.

You may have said some stupid sh** before Mayday, but I appreciate your warning. Thanks.

Mayday671

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Monroeville
    As far as background checks go, I could care less about your opinion, it's yours and your entitled to it. I really could care less considering Im already in an ATF data base. I personally do not see why anyone would be afraid of a background check. Many of you attempt to attack me but none of you have had an intelligent rebuttal or attempted to actually debate it. It is all the typical internet crap where people just disagree instead of talking. This post is too warn people of some bad **** coming. Now the thread is hi jacked by an old topic, if you want to debate it then send me a message otherwise **** off so people who are affected can recover their property. People like those who won guns in a raffle locally. The group paid in full for 28 guns and were told they were ready for raffle. There are approximately 15 people waiting on their prizes, if they dont get them the group that held the raffle will buy them elsewhere and the non for profit fund raiser will be a bust.

-Jake-

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    NWI
    If you could care less about my opinion then please do, because I couldn't care less about yours.

Now for a quote from Ayn Rand.
    "There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws."

you can trust the government, just ask the indians.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom