• ...and so much more!
  • Johnk

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Mooresville
    I recently was given a Model 48 that is one of the originals, not of the newer masterpiece series. I've not been able to find much about it and I think it is a 1959 or 1960 manufacture. It is a Model 48 without a dash.
    Anyway, I may in the future try to sell it as I am not so much interested in this revovler. Is there a way to find out year of manufacture other than sending S&W a $100 check? I'd like to get as much info as i can for when i list it. I don't even know how much to ask.
    I've searched the internet and it seems a majority of the information pertains to the more recent S&W Masterpiece series but can find very little about the originals like this one. The serial number begins with a K407 and has three more digits.
    Any help & advice would be appreciated.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    any thoughts on price on the used market?

Best way is to watch completed sales on gunbroker. Condition, of course, makes a huge difference, especially on these vintage revolvers.

There's a nice one on GB right now that's bid up to $750, with some time to go yet. My Links button is not working right now, or I'd link it for you.

Top Bottom