• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    "When the federal government started making schools gun-free zones, that’s when all of these shootings started," Thweatt said. "Why would you put it out there that a group of people can’t defend themselves? That’s like saying 'sic ’em’ to a dog."

Very impressive, some people actually get it..:patriot:

Maybe I should start working on my wifes school district...:draw:

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I always thought the no guns on school property was Federal. If it is, it would be interesting to see how this plays out in court since I'm sure it will end up there sooner or later

As far as I understand if they are employed by the school, and the school grans permission/puts it in their job description it is alright. Just like security guards at some schools (the ones that are bad, but not bad enough to require police on property during school hours)

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    Im not a parent. But to think if I were - that I give my child away every day into the trusting hands of a teacher, who is there to protect them - by God give that teacher the ability to protect my child.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I always thought the no guns on school property was Federal. If it is, it would be interesting to see how this plays out in court since I'm sure it will end up there sooner or later

The Federal GFSZ law contains an exception for those who hold a CCW/LTC/whatever. The only reason we who hold these licenses cannot carry at schools in defense of ourselves and our children is that our own state law forbids it. One of our state senators introduced a bill last session that would have added an exception to that law for LTC holders, which was defeated in the Senate by a single vote. (It got a majority, 25-23, but there are 50 senators, thus requiring 26 votes to pass a bill to the House. Two senators were absent due to medical reasons) The bill would have disallowed the state or any political subdivision of the state from restricting firearms carriage by LTC holders on any property or in any building owned or leased by that entity, excepting penal facilities and secure areas of airports. County courthouses were added in committee.
    Rumor has it that Sen. Nugent plans to re-introduce this bill again this term. I recommend that we all contact our legislators to support his bills once they are introduced.

Blessings,
    B

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    A radio station in Texas is running a poll on the topic of allowing teachers to be armed.

73% of the respondents believe it is a good idea
    26% disagree and don't like armed teachers

Houston radio station KTRH is running a poll this morning.

73% are in favor of teachers being allowed to carry guns.
    26% oppose the measure.

Here is a link: NewsRadio 740 - KTRH

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    A radio station in Texas is running a poll on the topic of allowing teachers to be armed.

73% of the respondents believe it is a good idea
    26% disagree and don't like armed teachers

Houston radio station KTRH is running a poll this morning.

73% are in favor of teachers being allowed to carry guns.
    26% oppose the measure.

Here is a link: NewsRadio 740 - KTRH
    I voted....
    but I could not reply without registering.

mconley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Hendricks Co.
    Its about time that teachers are able to protect themselves and students from sadistic maniacs that have absolutely no human emotion... I think it was a well thought out plan of action for preventing the Hell that could happen to any school.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Glad to see a school district finally have the common sense to do what needs to be done. After 9-11 everyone was hot to arm pilots to prevent the repeat. How many school shootings does it take? Weapons retention and training on when an armed response is easy to make. Until every school district goes to this type of policy a teacher is expect to protect children in a gunfight without being armed. How smart is that?

Top Bottom