• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Engstrom told KATV-TV that his name and contact information are engraved on the back of the iPad so if the woman who has it wanted to return it to him she could.

I'm sure this upstanding member of society will return the ipad to it's rightful owner. He has nothing to worry about.

ipad-thief-2_1363271276826_386693_ver1.0_320_240.jpg

Ok, maybe not. :n00b:

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Funny thing is that if he inputs the info on his itunes account, the next times she logs onto the internet the iPad will lock.

Silly people.

Oresti

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Technically it's a "found" Ipad, but I get the idea. The should have done the right thing and returned to the owner.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Technically it's a "found" Ipad, but I get the idea. The should have done the right thing and returned to the owner.

Engstrom told KATV-TV that his name and contact information are engraved on the back of the iPad so if the woman who has it wanted to return it to him she could.

1$Chuck

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus
    There was no theft here, she didn't steal it. The original owner admitted she left it on the plane so it was not stolen. Returning certainly would be the right thing to do, but making that woman out to be a thief isn't right either. If you loose something, the finder of that item is not a criminal. The looser of the item should have been trying to contact the finder and offering a reward for the return of the ipad, not calling making her out to be a thief in front of the whole world.

jkfletcher

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    A geographical oddity
    There was no theft here, she didn't steal it. The original owner admitted she left it on the plane so it was not stolen. Returning certainly would be the right thing to do, but making that woman out to be a thief isn't right either. If you loose something, the finder of that item is not a criminal. The looser of the item should have been trying to contact the finder and offering a reward for the return of the ipad, not calling making her out to be a thief in front of the whole world.

That's what I thought...and why I put stolen in quotation marks in the title :)

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I'll call her a thief, she knew who it belonged to but chose to keep it. I sold a handgun last week and didn't count the money as closely as I should have and was paid an extra 100.00 so I got a hold of the guy and met up at BGF and returned it. He was a young married guy right out of basic training so a 100.00 was probably pretty significant to him much like a 500.00 ipad. I've found things as well but make an effort to find the owner. For instance I found a goretex jacket on my last mob but nobody claimed it so I kept it. I'm still sure it was another drill sgt's in our office but I asked him multiple times and he didn't want it.

1$Chuck

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus
    So the finder of a lost item has no responsibility to return the item? Really?

A moral responsibility yes, but a legal one no. All I'm saying is if you want someone to do something that they don't have to do (like return the ipad that you lost) you should probalby play nice to them.

Top Bottom