Slap chasier in the face and hop the counter = A McClubbing.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    That would be like me getting in a argument with my neighbor, he hits me, I hit him, and get away, he comes after me, I go in my house, come back out, ( after getting away from the situation, and any danger) and shoot him! Would you defend me then????

I think a closer analogy would be your neighbor coming into your house and in that case, yes I would defend your actions.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Again, just my opinion, but I don't think you can say it is defense when he left the area of so called danger, returns with a deadly weapon ( yes, DEADLY weapon!), and proceeds to beat the s**t out of a girl half his size!
    I'm not defending the idiots that jumped over the counter, but he could have easily held them off with nothing but his hands or just, when he left the area, stayed in the back area and it would have been over! If they continued to assault him, then of course he can defend himself! I just think he went way overboard with the "weapon"!
    That would be like me getting in a argument with my neighbor, he hits me, I hit him, and get away, he comes after me, I go in my house, come back out, ( after getting away from the situation, and any danger) and shoot him! Would you defend me then????
    Interesting point.
    How much worse would the beating have been had he used his fists?
    Broken jaws, ribs, even worse i imagine.
    I think the argument can be made that he was giving them a thrashing without trying to actually kill them.
    Watch the tape. He only hit them again when they tried to get up.
    We really need to quit looking at the losers as victims.
    Like has been said, the real victim here is a guy that had a job and was attacked because of a question over a 50 dollar bill.
    Which was probably McD's policy in the first place.
    These stupid stupid girls usually get their way by breaking the rules of societal decorum to which people don't know how to react.
    This time they picked on an antisocial cashier with anger issues who also doesnt follow social norms and got A BIG surprise.

What about the crazy blonde screaming chick?
    Did she really think she was helping?
    That was just annoying.
    Some low IQ emotional wreck screaming at the top of her lungs just adds to the confusion.
    Just WOW.
    I was hoping the cops would bust in and shoot her.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    He could have probably retreated after hitting them with the rod... but he did not create the situation - they did, when they began posing a physical threat to him.

Ask yourself - if these two women were men, would you still feel that he overreacted?

<Insert clever get back in the kitchen joke>

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    I don't think the guy was French, he sure didn't surrender when the gal jumped the counter. :D

ZING!

the-french-army-demotivational-poster-1234309274.jpg

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I think a closer analogy would be your neighbor coming into your house and in that case, yes I would defend your actions.
    O.k., good point, except he had every chance to get away from the crazies AND not only came back with a weapon, but continued to beat the s**t out of one or both of them! I know, some say she was trying to get back up, but if she did get up, would she have been able to do anything to him to hurt him or would she have just tried to get away from him? Like I said before, I think he could have easily restrained her with nothing but his hands, HE chose to grab the nearest weapon he could, and could have easily killed or permanently disabled her.

Interesting point.
    How much worse would the beating have been had he used his fists?
    Broken jaws, ribs, even worse i imagine.

As stated above, I think he could have restrained her pretty easily. Do we know what injuries she sustained? If I had the choice, I think I would choose to be hit with his fist instead of a steel rod... Ouch!!!

I think the argument can be made that he was giving them a thrashing without trying to actually kill them.

I doubt he was thinking at all!!! Just in a rage, and swinging as hard as he could... Two handed, like a baseball bat! ( which I think would actually hurt less.)

Watch the tape. He only hit them again when they tried to get up.
    We really need to quit looking at the losers as victims.

Not saying she is a victim at all! Not by a long shot! Just that it could have, should have gone down differently!

Like has been said, the real victim here is a guy that had a job and was attacked because of a question over a 50 dollar bill.

I also can't see him being called a " victim"! If he was concerned about his job, he surely would have handled it differently.

Which was probably McD's policy in the first place.
    These stupid stupid girls usually get their way by breaking the rules of societal decorum to which people don't know how to react.
    This time they picked on an antisocial cashier with anger issues who also doesnt follow social norms and got A BIG surprise.

What about the crazy blonde screaming chick?
    Did she really think she was helping?
    That was just annoying.
    Some low IQ emotional wreck screaming at the top of her lungs just adds to the confusion.
    Just WOW.

The " crazy blonde screaming chick" was the only one in the place making any effort to stop the beating!..... What would you have done?

I was hoping the cops would bust in and shoot her.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Two handed, like a baseball bat! ( which I think would actually hurt less.)

That thin metal rod couldn't do near the damage of a baseball bat.

Just how far do you think you could hit a baseball with something like that? :dunno:

The " crazy blonde screaming chick" was the only one in the place making any effort to stop the beating!..... What would you have done?

I'd have thrown a burger or a shoe or something at her. :):

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Again, just my opinion, but I don't think you can say it is defense when he left the area of so called danger, returns with a deadly weapon ( yes, DEADLY weapon!), and proceeds to beat the s**t out of a girl half his size!
    I'm not defending the idiots that jumped over the counter, but he could have easily held them off with nothing but his hands or just, when he left the area, stayed in the back area and it would have been over! If they continued to assault him, then of course he can defend himself! I just think he went way overboard with the "weapon"!

He walked away and grabbed the rod, they followed and continued the threat. If they kept trying to get up, he was justified in following with a few more whacks as they were wanting to continue the threat.

If you were assaulted and left the threat, find protection, and the threat tries following you...shoot away. You don't know if he has a knife or a gun. If you feel you're in danger, protect yourself.

As far as your last post about him possibly killing her or something...good. If someone is attacking you, use the force needed to stop the attack. If she wants to play stupid games that end with her getting herself beat to death, she chose to play that game.

That crazy blonde chick seemed like she was a bit "special". She needed a whack or 2 for being obnoxious.

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    Its funny because they probably though because they are women that he wouldnt/shouldnt put the smack down on them after they came at him. Ive seen that alot of time with women, for some reason they say and think they should be able to strike a man at will and he should not hit back. Guess these two wont try that for awhile:):

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    O.k., good point, except he had every chance to get away from the crazies AND not only came back with a weapon, but continued to beat the s**t out of one or both of them! I know, some say she was trying to get back up, but if she did get up, would she have been able to do anything to him to hurt him or would she have just tried to get away from him? Like I said before, I think he could have easily restrained her with nothing but his hands, HE chose to grab the nearest weapon he could, and could have easily killed or permanently disabled her.

He attempted to move away after they hit him. They followed him over the counter, they chose to continue the attack. He grabbed the rod to use if needed and they followed him and forced the issue.

There should be no duty to retreat. If attacked, a person should have every right to defend themselves just like he did. People should also have the right to take their defense to a level higher than their attacker, just like he did. It wasn't a deadly force encounter and he didn't use deadly force to defend himself.

McD's needs to put a **** sandwich on the menu. That's exactly what those two idiots ordered and exactly what was delivered. Put me on his jury, he'll walk, no deliberation needed.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    He attempted to move away after they hit him. They followed him over the counter, they chose to continue the attack. He grabbed the rod to use if needed and they followed him and forced the issue.

There should be no duty to retreat. If attacked, a person should have every right to defend themselves just like he did. People should also have the right to take their defense to a level higher than their attacker, just like he did. It wasn't a deadly force encounter and he didn't use deadly force to defend himself.

McD's needs to put a **** sandwich on the menu. That's exactly what those two idiots ordered and exactly what was delivered. Put me on his jury, he'll walk, no deliberation needed.

Correct, but when he walked to the back of the store after the first few hits, it should have been done. There was no reason to come back at them for more. As for all the comments about him tell them to stay down means nothing. They could have been scooting backwards or staying still. LEOs tell people all the time to stay down even when they're not moving. Anyone can say anything. Yes, it was self defense. Yes, it was excessive force.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Yes it was self defense. He has no duty to retreat. However, once they got hit the first few times and were down, he should have walked away. Question #1 do two rights and a wrong, make a wrong.

Question #2, if you as an officer got into a situation like this with someone like that, and they were down, and u told them to stay down until you could get help or handcuffs or whatever, and they got back up.... would you just stand there. Would you walk away exposing yourself to a potential weapon or at least, sneak attack. Or would you club/taze/mace/shoot them.

Top Bottom