• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Love Dewig meats. Dean and the rest of the family are good people. Best Brats and German Bologna that can be had. Pick something up every time I’m in the area.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I read that a typical Kroger holds 7-10 semi-truck loads to refill. It is hundreds of man hours to restock these stores. Many are working their main employees at night to reduce chances of infection.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Not quite rifle time, but a pistol with a little more juice makes a decent door gun, in case the zombies migrate this way.

20200318-204705.jpg

I always have a handgun nearby, but I thought about getting a few mags loaded and a carbine readied. Probably a good time to change the battery in the Aimpoint too.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Suppressed 300 Blackout and Active Shooter bag are ready... There’s nothing inside this house worth dying for.

Attachments

• 722B8660-CAE9-4737-8368-BBA5DD66417D.jpeg
      722B8660-CAE9-4737-8368-BBA5DD66417D.jpeg
      51.6 KB · Views: 20

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I read that a typical Kroger holds 7-10 semi-truck loads to refill. It is hundreds of man hours to restock these stores. Many are working their main employees at night to reduce chances of infection.

The Kroger I shop at seemed chronically understaffed and understocked long before all this happened. If you're a weirdo like me and put off shopping until late at night, it's common to go home without several items on the list, particularly produce. Super annoying.

Family up in Indy report things aren't as bad.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Wife has had pain in her left ear for several days. She didn't want to go to doc cause that's where sick people go. Our family doc is a small town clinic where you typically get an appointment time, then sit in the packed waiting room until 45 minutes past your time, then sit in the exam room for a half hour until the doc finally shows up. He spends 5 minutes checking you out, then a half hour BSing about the local goings on.

She caved yesterday and decided she HAD to go in. Walked in at 3:15, her appointment time, went to the EMPTY waiting room and stood for a minute. She was called to the exam room right away. The NP checked her out, said yep, you have a bad ear infection. You shoulda came in sooner. Wrote her script and sent her packin. In-N-out in under 10 minutes. Lady at the front desk said the place had been a ghost town for the last few days.:dunno:

We went to the drive through pharmacy to fill the script, then to Martin's at Erskine in South Bend. This was about 7PM. When we pulled in the parking lot was basically empty. Like early morning empty. I didn't feel like checking out the meat sections, but from what I could see, shelves were not empty. Paper products also appeared to stocked to pre-apocalypse levels.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Date: 3/19/20

Time: 0725 hours

Objective: One (1) gallon of 2% milk

Sit-Rep:

-Bread aisle depleted, multiple stacks of fresh bread trays actively being stocked

-Fresh meat depleted, no signs of current restock

-Factory meats (hot dogs, sausage, etc.) 85% depleted, no signs of restock

-Milk coolers fully stocked

-Toilet paper 50% depleted, MULTIPLE cases in the aisle and surrounding main aisles standing by and being restocked

-Cookies, crackers and chips 50% depleted, no signs of restock

-Fresh produce appeared to be fully stocked

-Bakery cakes and breads fully stocked on shelves and in the coolers

-Shoppers and staff polite and friendly, nearly everyone wearing some form of gloves, no masks seen

-NOTE: Card swipe are self checkout took four (4) tries to read the card (data/ETS issues?)

***Status: COMPLETED (+10 brownie points for my wife’s mini Kit Kats)

***Time on Target: <5:00 (Longest part was the checkout)

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Date: 3/19/20

Time: 0725 hours

Objective: One (1) gallon of 2% milk

Sit-Rep:

-Bread aisle depleted, multiple stacks of fresh bread trays actively being stocked

-Fresh meat depleted, no signs of current restock

-Factory meats (hot dogs, sausage, etc.) 85% depleted, no signs of restock

-Milk coolers fully stocked

-Toilet paper 50% depleted, MULTIPLE cases in the aisle and surrounding main aisles standing by and being restocked

-Cookies, crackers and chips 50% depleted, no signs of restock

-Fresh produce appeared to be fully stocked

-Bakery cakes and breads fully stocked on shelves and in the coolers

-Shoppers and staff polite and friendly, nearly everyone wearing some form of gloves, no masks seen

-NOTE: Card swipe are self checkout took four (4) tries to read the card (data/ETS issues?)

***Status: COMPLETED (+10 brownie points for my wife’s mini Kit Kats)

***Time on Target: <5:00 (Longest part was the checkout)

Dude, this is a gun forum.

So....
    What kind of rifle were you carrying and how many spare mags did you have?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    IN SEARCH OF MEAT?

https://dewigmeats.com/

they will let you buy as much as you want. Pretty cool place and story.

**no affiliation with this shop**

Love Dewig meats. Dean and the rest of the family are good people. Best Brats and German Bologna that can be had. Pick something up every time I’m in the area.

My SIL works there. Has since he was a young man. He's now a manager. They do have meat, but even with them it's less than normal.

And yes the brats are great! I won't eat a Johnsonville brat again if I can help it.

Bacon is good too. And the pork shoulders. And the... well everything is good.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    The last time the wife went to the store she bought apocalypse snacks, cookies, Cheetos, brownies, ect. It has not been a week and we are blowing through all our apocalypse snacks. By week eight all we are going to have is broccoli with Ragu on it.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    The last time the wife went to the store she bought apocalypse snacks, cookies, Cheetos, brownies, ect. It has not been a week and we are blowing through all our apocalypse snacks. By week eight all we are going to have is broccoli with Ragu on it.

If you save a little Rigatoni for that it wouldn't be all that bad! A little cheese might also help.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Not a local report but just read about another item that is in short supply: condoms.

Baby boom coming.

Great, so more boomers...
    surprised it took this long. When I lived in Florida and a hurricane was coming, those things sold out in hours.

ClydeB

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    Southern Hoosier
    Not a local report but just read about another item that is in short supply: condoms.

Baby boom coming.

Great, so more boomers...

In another 50 years when they get old enough perhaps. I'm waiting for someone to do the "ok boomer" to me so I can start on about how much better the original Battlestar Galactica was than the redo. - may even cue up the old scratchy music on my smartphone when I start going all "Back in MY day"

Anyhow... Floyd County Indiana - way down in Southern Indiana.
    Krogers - Seems all the angry people go to the local Krogers to stand around and complain about the empty shelves. And empty they are. Who knew frozen pizza was the food of the apocalypse?
    Meier's - Not quite as empty shelves. People are much more polite.
    Walmart - Hit and miss. They seem to have TP stocked all the time. Always seeing some on the shelves.
    Costco (Louisville). Plenty of store brand water, like 30+ pallets of it. Get there before / during lunch time and all but hand sanitizer and nitrile gloves are in stock. Got me my PB & J ingredients and some bulk Clorox spray sanitizer the other day.
    Whole Foods (Louisville) - I hear there are no empty shelves. I rarely shop there due to the prices. Probably why they are stocked.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Sounds like things are getting pretty crazy at the Speedway Kroger, at least for this person.

Attachments

• 126BA6C4-9625-49D9-A387-CF991D703DCF.jpg
      126BA6C4-9625-49D9-A387-CF991D703DCF.jpg
      100.9 KB · Views: 93
    Top Bottom