• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I'm having the same problems with chicken feed.

Just contacted the local Rural King. It showed "limited quantities" for the specific feed I'm looking for, so I called in to check if any was actually there. The person there said that someone just came in and cleaned them out. This is feeling a lot like the ammo shortage.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Sulfuric acid with a common drain cleaner (sodium hydroxide aka lye) is not a good thing.

tumblr_oszq3uyHj01v1fqrro1_1280.gifv

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I wouldn't dream of mixing any other chemicals with H[SUB]2[/SUB]SO[SUB]4[/SUB]. In fact, I probably wouldn't dream of diluting it with water without doing a lot of research. It was just a thought. I can find other ways to clean my toilets.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Years ago, I worked at a small grocery store. I hated the smell of bleach but liked the smell of ammonia. So, I mixed them. The owner wasn't happy and I learned a valuable lesson...

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I wouldn't dream of mixing any other chemicals with H[SUB]2[/SUB]SO[SUB]4[/SUB]. In fact, I probably wouldn't dream of diluting it with water without doing a lot of research. It was just a thought. I can find other ways to clean my toilets.

Billy was a chemist's son, but Billy is no more.

For what he thought was H2O was H2SO4.

First thing that popped in my head.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Dollar Tree has a great toilet cleaner called The Works. It works great and it's only $1. I saw it last time I was there. (Maybe a couple weeks ago.)

Also works great for cleaning boat bottoms that are stained instead of a commercial acid wash. Also great to clean stainless ready to polish...

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    TP plentiful, but paper towels are non-existent. Word is that will be the case for a while (remainder of 2020).
    Time to use real towels or washrags. If I didn't have plenty of paper towel already, I'd buy a couple dozen shop towels or cheap hand towels. Even washcloths would work if they are the larger ones.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    About chicken feed...
    A niece is inprocess of setting up another household and will be raising chickens* again for eggs, meat and scorpion control. She will be using grain they grow to supplement the feed. Which calls for a grinder.

*She loves her miniature velociraptors.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    because of the words of warning. i bought a couple packages of Bounty paper towels yesterday.
    I also found 2 bottles of Lysol toilet bowl cleaner at Walgreens so of course I bought them. so that should get me by for a couple months.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Odd but paper towels were almost gone at the local wally world today...The only thing in stock was a 12 "mega roll" pack for $20

Plenty of food though, rice, beans, canned goods, etc....PPE and vinyl gloves as well.

Menards had pretty much everything...food grade storage buckets which I picked up a few with fancy screw-off sealing lids. They had tons of PPE including gloves.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Yeah, shop around. Mix up your categories (big-box/local, grocery/home-improvement/farm-fleet/"pharmacy")

All this stuff is out there, but I'm seeing LOTS of "help wanted" signs in every window so the production, distribution and stocking is hit-or-miss.

Not likely to have a choice in brands/size/flavors, but you don't have to do without.

My biggest concern with restoration of our economy is the lack of useful "help".
    Both from the quality/quantity of product & service being produced perspective, as well as the reduction of GDP that comes along with our businesses not being fully staffed.

Top Bottom