• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I used to buy the Black Forest Ham at Aldi but one time I got a package and it went bad well before the "sell by" date, so I switched to buying Land o' Frost brand at Kroger. I know it's processed ham (little round slices) but it works great for my breakfast sammiches. Haven't seen the Land o' Frost ham in any variety for well over a month now.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I think I've bought the rectangular packs of Land O Frost. Don't remember where. I'm not that particular. I'll buy some Buddig packs if I need to. Just want some meat to nibble on to keep me from eating junk.

OK that sounded wrong.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    The great "lunchmeat ham" shortage is continuing. All I've been able to find are the "uncured" varieties, and they're more expensive than the regular stuff. Apparently turkey processors were unaffected by the Coronavirus because that's the only kind of lunchmeat that's available in any quantity.

May be regional, plenty of name brand processed ham lunchmeat as well as deli style in stores here.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    The great "lunchmeat ham" shortage is continuing. All I've been able to find are the "uncured" varieties, and they're more expensive than the regular stuff. Apparently turkey processors were unaffected by the Coronavirus because that's the only kind of lunchmeat that's available in any quantity.

I wish they had the uncured ham around here. Havent been able to find the Hillshire Farms at all in over a month. Mostly all I'm seeing is Honey Ham and Black Forrest ham. Plenty of all varieties of turkey though

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I wish they had the uncured ham around here. Havent been able to find the Hillshire Farms at all in over a month. Mostly all I'm seeing is Honey Ham and Black Forrest ham. Plenty of all varieties of turkey though

Wally World has been spotty on the Hillshire Farms here in the Fort, but Oscar Mayer has been worse. After availability forced the change and the quality of the OM going south over the last couple of years, I'll happily make Hillshire my new regular. The Black Forest ham has been available fairly regularly.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Wally World has been spotty on the Hillshire Farms here in the Fort, but Oscar Mayer has been worse. After availability forced the change and the quality of the OM going south over the last couple of years, I'll happily make Hillshire my new regular. The Black Forest ham has been available fairly regularly.

I've checked Meijer and Walmart down here as well, and it's the same situation for them too, so maybe it is a regional thing.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Ventured to Walmart on the north side of Elkhart for oil and filters last night.

Meat section fully stocked and prices seem to coming back down.

Two aisles I noticed that were EMPTY, the sewing aisle and the fishing aisle.

rhrlaw

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 20, 2020
    Carmel
    Never noticed a ham shortage, Market District has their in-house brand, Black Forrest, and their on-site roasted ham all available sliced however you like it.

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    LaPaz Junction
    I was surprised at WalMart this morn when my receipt said .51 contribution. I told the cashier they could round-down my bill but not up. New policy I was told. Manager needed I replied. Got my .51.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Was out and about today in Mooresville getting my hair cut, filling up the SUV and picking up some items on sale at Family Dollar then off to Kroger for a pharmacy order, frozen items and canned goods and some meat. Both Kroger and Family Dollar was stocked up, on everything, including TP. Bought Coke Zero 6 pack 16.oz bottles at both places, 3 for $10 @ FD, and 4 for $10 @ Kroger.

Also stopped in at Great Clips @ Towne Center in Mooresville to get my ears lowered and Casey's on Bridge Street where I was accosted by a SJW screaming at me while pumping gas into my SUV 40 feet from the front door because I was not wearing a mask. Her outburst got a reply from me of "Get a life Biotch, we're out side and no one is within 20+ feet of me. Seen plenty of people not wearing masks, people who was, some properly, most barely covering their mouth and nose.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    Also stopped in at Great Clips @ Towne Center in Mooresville to get my ears lowered and Casey's on Bridge Street where I was accosted by a SJW screaming at me while pumping gas into my SUV 40 feet from the front door because I was not wearing a mask. Her outburst got a reply from me of "Get a life Biotch, we're out side and no one is within 20+ feet of me. Seen plenty of people not wearing masks, people who was, some properly, most barely covering their mouth and nose.

The Casey's near me finally gave up and just took the mask sign off the door. I did get the stink eye from some big broad this morning while she was getting her doughnuts and I was getting a cup of coffee. Other than the mask order most people I know are just completely ignoring, everything is good in Northern Owen County.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Was out and about today in Mooresville getting my hair cut, filling up the SUV and picking up some items on sale at Family Dollar then off to Kroger for a pharmacy order, frozen items and canned goods and some meat. Both Kroger and Family Dollar was stocked up, on everything, including TP. Bought Coke Zero 6 pack 16.oz bottles at both places, 3 for $10 @ FD, and 4 for $10 @ Kroger.

What I love are the idiots stupid enough to get in peoples' faces for not wearing a mask. Because either you are an absolute moron, or you dont really think they are necessary. (possibly both?) Because if you did, you wouldnt be inches from the non-mask wearer screaming at them. :):

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The wife bought me a Boars Head salami and cheese "platter". 4 4" x 4" sealed plastic tubs. 2 of salami and 2 of different kinds of sliced cheese.

I said to the wife: "Izzat cheese supposed to have blue and green penicillin running through it?" The cheese was kinda purty.

She sez: "**** NO! Don't eat that you idiot!"

So, I didn't.

She took it back to Kroger to show the manager. And then she went to the area that had all the Boars Head and pulled out a dozen cartons with cheese that had gone moldy. The manager was shocked and embarrassed. They pulled all Boars Head products from the shelves.

So, this is kinda a Public Service Announcement. Check packages carefully and "Sell By" dates. Spoiled food still on the shelves is a higher probability than in times past.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...I said to the wife: "Izzat cheese supposed to have blue and green penicillin running through it?" The cheese was kinda purty.

So, I didn't...

Maybe it was just a nice gorgonzola or roquefort cheese.:dunno:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Maybe it was just a nice gorgonzola or roquefort cheese.:dunno:

Nah.

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJtZXJjYXRvLWltYWdlcyIsImVkaXRzIjp7InJlc2l6ZSI6eyJmaXQiOiJpbnNpZGUiLCJoZWlnaHQiOjcyMH0sIndlYnAiOnsicXVhbGl0eSI6NjB9fSwia2V5IjoicHJvZHVjdC1pbWFnZXMvd2NoRjlrVFpvVXB5cVZUYjNsUjRueG50VFNyNnBBWUxoOUNzR1JUNC5qcGcifQ==

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    The wife bought me a Boars Head salami and cheese "platter". 4 4" x 4" sealed plastic tubs. 2 of salami and 2 of different kinds of sliced cheese.

I said to the wife: "Izzat cheese supposed to have blue and green penicillin running through it?" The cheese was kinda purty.

So, I didn't.

She took it back to Kroger to show the manager. And then she went to the area that had all the Boars Head and pulled out a dozen cartons with cheese that had gone moldy. The manager was shocked and embarrassed. They pulled all Boars Head products from the shelves.

So, this is kinda a Public Service Announcement. Check packages carefully and "Sell By" dates. Spoiled food still on the shelves is a higher probability than in times past.

99% of the time you see out of date products on the shelf, it's not because it's not selling....

It's because the idiots stocking the shelfs are too lazy to do their job right and properly rotate the product. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. Meijer in Camby was notorious for always having out of date Cottage Cheese, I despise the stuff, but the late Mrs. IBM loved it. It was not uncommon to pull a quart off the shelf when the first two rows of four was already gone and the entire back two rows was OOD

My first job was the old IGA in Mooresville as a sacker/carryout, I also had to help keep the Milk filled, learned to rotate. Then 30 years delivering beer, always have to keep that rotated because if a brewery rep comes in and finds OOD product in the store, they can (if they so choose), buy the product, ding the distributor and make them buy it back from them at 2x's the cost.

I look at the date on almost everything I buy, especially dairy/cheese products, it's one of my pet peeves. Heck even soft drinks havew OOD's, drink one past it's date and see how flat it taste.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I spent yesterday afternoon with my ****ing liberal friend, doing some auto and property work for him. He is stupid scared and buying into all of their narrative. He was wearing his mask at home, whining about "having" to wear it, not able to go out to eat, etc. Then more whining about others not wearing their masks. :rolleyes:

Glad to get that over with, I took a nice motorcycle ride last evening. Coming back from Monroe dam, I was VERY happy to see lights on at a ball field in Smithville. Happier yet to see lights on and hear cars running at Bloomington Speedway.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Don't know if anyone has a Jewel grocery around, but they have Hormel pork loins for $0.99/lb this week. I just picked up an 11-pounder. I'll cut it into chops and bag them up.

Top Bottom