• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Some may be tired of hearing me talk about it....but I'm still not tired of talking about it...LOL!

Finally had some time to do some shooting with it...put around 80 rounds through it....definitely a shooter! Definitely a fun gun! View attachment 223611
    You'll be surprised how many rounds you can go through with a SA revolver. My boy and I shot 300rds in an afternoon nit paying attention to time or rd count until we ran out.
    It definitely puts a smile on your face to shoot them.

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    Old school Heiser leather, over 100 years old.

View attachment 218812
    I have an affinity for vintage gun leather and I have a few pieces I’ve stumbled into at gun shows, shops and estate sales, but nothing as breath taking as that.

There is a seller on GunBroker I follow who has the most amazing inventory of vintage leather. I spend an hour or so a week window shopping his wares.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    It’s not only vintage “gun” leather. When you start looking at well kept saddles and bridles and other tack some can get into stupid money, with certain makers and owners it can be really stupid money.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I have an affinity for vintage gun leather and I have a few pieces I’ve stumbled into at gun shows, shops and estate sales, but nothing as breath taking as that.

There is a seller on GunBroker I follow who has the most amazing inventory of vintage leather. I spend an hour or so a week window shopping his wares.

That's probably Lunker1999, he has a lot of A-1 quality stuff and I've dealt with him off and on over the years.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Here's my work horse cattleman II in .357. it's been through some rough use since I got it, been on my hip when in the mountains been drug through the woods been rained and snowed on and even killed a couple squirrels with gallery loaded 38s. I have a triple k buscadero rig and El Paso saddlery slim Jim for it that I bought before I started doi.g my own leather work but now it gets carried in one of my earlier holsters.when I got it I stoned all the contacting parts and bought some shims to take up the end shake. It runs like a swiss watch now.

Attachments

• IMG_20220914_162603315_HDR.jpg
      IMG_20220914_162603315_HDR.jpg
      1.2 MB · Views: 18
    • IMG_20220914_162700540_HDR.jpg
      IMG_20220914_162700540_HDR.jpg
      1 MB · Views: 9

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I am becoming a bit concerned.

I was enjoying a little scotch the other evening....and then found I had spent almost two hours looking at auctions for various SAA clones.

I snapped out of it before I took advantage of a killer deal on a calvary model.

Is there a help group available?

Hi. I'm BigRed. I may have a problem.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

I was enjoying a little scotch the other evening....and then found I had spent almost two hours looking at auctions for various SAA clones.

I snapped out of it before I took advantage of a killer deal on a calvary model.

The problem really starts when they arnt clones you are buying.
    But I dont have a wife either.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans

I’ve got a different problem, I’ve been looking at the Henry Big Boy’s and Classic in 41 mag. To caliber match my SAA clone. Looks like bout 1000.00 to 1200.00. I think Rossi makes one also but I don’t think I want that name.

Top Bottom