• ...and so much more!
  • Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Looks like these are coming from Midway, I’m a big fellow so I got the largest size they offer 43 to 48 figure that’ll fit around my jeans and regular belt. Hope they don’t send me jap 43 to 48 I’m merican 43-48
    Just don't leave your pistols in them overnight. The tanning acids need time to tame down. Doesn't take long.

Jay Gnome

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2022
    Indianapolis
    I have found myself "casually" kicking around the idea of a SAA style handgun.

The honest reason is I've wanted a "cowboy gun" since I was about 5yo. Even after all these years, I have never picked one up. Other things came up.

Now I'm back to casually kicking the idea of one around. More a "fun piece" than anything else. It would likely get used as a range toy, a plinker, and occassional carry in a western gun belt rig.

While Colts are out there, I'm not sure I can justify the price for what is essentially a "fun gun", so I've also been looking at alternatives.

Do any of you folks in the know have thoughts / comments/ opinions on things like:

Uberti
    Cimmeron
    Vaquero
    Others

Something closer to the original is preferred....mostly for sentimental reasons.

Like I said, just kicking it around.
    I have a mystery brand SAA but its a clone of the old black powder frames. It is a fun gun, and if you want one just for the fun factor then it is more than enough. I suggest just getting the cheapest one that is a direct clone of the originals, not worth it to get a super expensive one.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Well, I was able to handle a Uberti Cattleman II this past Saturday. Unfortunately for me, but fortunately for my budget, it left me wanting.

I'll continue on with what I have.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    When people inquire about buying an old Colt 1 or 2 gen I always advise that they find one and try cocking the hammer. The old guns have much heavier springs than any repro or modern gun, a testament to the primers of the day.

Top Bottom