• Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    But where to find?

I've been looking at some drop rigs just for fun, but would like a proper western holster in addition to the "just for fun piece".
    I’ve been looking for about 3 years, I find a lot but I’m not paying 3-4-5 hundred bucks for a holster and belt combo like I want. For now I’m using a Hunter brand full leather holster with a almost matching belt. I’m kinda partial to a Matt Dillon looking rig.

kennedy759

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    New Salisbury Ind
    I’ve been looking for about 3 years, I find a lot but I’m not paying 3-4-5 hundred bucks for a holster and belt combo like I want. For now I’m using a Hunter brand full leather holster with a almost matching belt. I’m kinda partial to a Matt Dillon looking rig.
    I also like Hunter holsters, its all I use. Finally found a left handed one for my 7.5 inch SAA, here are 2 of the 3 I use for too gun 002.JPG my .22 revolvers

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I also like Hunter holsters, its all I use. Finally found a left handed one for my 7.5 inch SAA, here are 2 of the 3 I use for View attachment 218866 my .22 revolvers
    Yep, very similar if not exact. I like’em cause they are full grain thick leather. I had my belt built by our local cobbler. Double thickness double stitching with inside the belt horizontal pocket knife sheath, holds a Buck 501 Slimline. I like the setup but would like to have a drop rig like BR describes so the holster doesn’t slide on the belt. That and the pure ”cool factor”

ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour
    I picked the Uberti cattleman 5.5 in in 357 my lgs was having a sale deducted tax and 10% off price was right at 400 out the door could not pass it up I liked the brass and case hardened finish. Very nice feel to it very smooth. Also have a 357 lever rossi so same ammo I have is a good thing. On look out for holster for it

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I went through that phase already. Had Rugers and a Henry. Read a lot of Elmer Keith books. Put on westerns while hand loading ammo. It was fun.

Sold them all due to ever increasing ammo cost and my aging eyes need better sights. It was fun and the older Rugers are very solid.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Classic stuff is cool.
    But if ya wanna get serious about shooting, at some distance, IMHO adj sights are in order.
    Ive kicked around the SA classic idea for a while, and ultimately said screw it and decided on old Model .44 mag Ruger SBH.
    Had a D80 prefix (D for duplicate- 2nd run of that number) that was beat up and shot great.

Like an idiot I sold it.

My next one was a minty 3 screw in box. It shot like crap, best blue job i'd seen. Like black water.

Now I just have my dads old rig, been shot a lot, got some parts to take out some wobble.
    Thought about sending to Ruger for reblue.
    But then pops used it and that wear is him still hangin around.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I went through that phase already. Had Rugers and a Henry. Read a lot of Elmer Keith books. Put on westerns while hand loading ammo. It was fun.

Sold them all due to ever increasing ammo cost and my aging eyes need better sights. It was fun and the older Rugers are very solid.
    I grew up on 3 screw Rugers and much prefer a Smith DA.
    Adj sights, diff ergs, faster locktime.

Now Im entering the optics required age. EGW makes mounts for various but a Smith D&Td would be mo betta. Id like a 686 and a 629 pre lock set up w reflex.

But don't target shoot or compete and thats a lot of money for pretty much dust collectors.

Being practical is kind of a bummer.

Top Bottom