• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I finally got a chance to shoot a P365. Shot 100 rounds of Blazer Brass 115 grain. Ran flawless, and it was pretty dirty. (Range rental) I'm still going to wait a couple of months to let the beta testers finish finding any issues, but if no major problems are reported, I'm going to get one. I'm not a fan of Sig at all, but this little thing blows away anything I've ever shot in the same size range. Very manageable recoil, great grip angle, great capacity great trigger, standard night sights and fits in my front pocket. Very accurate and easy to shoot. If they are shown to be reliable, there is no competition for them. Sig will sell a million of them.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I finally got a chance to shoot a P365. Shot 100 rounds of Blazer Brass 115 grain. Ran flawless, and it was pretty dirty. (Range rental) I'm still going to wait a couple of months to let the beta testers finish finding any issues, but if no major problems are reported, I'm going to get one. I'm not a fan of Sig at all, but this little thing blows away anything I've ever shot in the same size range. Very manageable recoil, great grip angle, great capacity great trigger, standard night sights and fits in my front pocket. Very accurate and easy to shoot. If they are shown to be reliable, there is no competition for them. Sig will sell a million of them.

Good to hear! Llooking forward to handling one.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    zoNkteW.jpg

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

You need to read my posts on the P365. I've always been hopeful that it's a good one. Less than optimistic that Sig could pull it off, but we'll see.

My experience with the P320, however, has me standing firm in the opinion that it is a steaming POS.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    You need to read my posts on the P365. I've always been hopeful that it's a good one. Less than optimistic that Sig could pull it off, but we'll see.

My experience with the P320, however, has me standing firm in the opinion that it is a steaming POS.
    Will wonders never cease! I only have experience with my P 320 Compact and a buddy's full size P 320 RX. The only criticism he has, is that the trigger group is too complicated for disassembly for armorers. I have about a 1,000 rounds of 9mm thru mine without a malfunction due to the gun or magazine. It actually seems to be getting more accurate (that could be me). The trigger action and modularity are the things I like best. If you have one causing you grief, I'll man up and take the burden off your shoulders.

Comiskeybum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2017
    South Bend
    From Phil Strader, the Sig rep you saw in all the shot show videos.

"Again, thanks for everyone’s input and feedback with regards to the P365. There have been isolated incidents of the pistol’s failure to return to battery. Although this can possibly be traced back to a grip issue (whether unlocked wrists or high thumbs), we do not want even rare instances of issues to make our customers lose confidence in the P365. Therefore, we are tweaking the gun to improve RTB conditions. This will help to allow every 365 user to experience what so many have already expressed online in very positive reviews. We are making these adjustments now and will resume shipping very shortly. Thanks again for everyone’s patience."

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    From Phil Strader, the Sig rep you saw in all the shot show videos.

"Again, thanks for everyone’s input and feedback with regards to the P365. There have been isolated incidents of the pistol’s failure to return to battery. Although this can possibly be traced back to a grip issue (whether unlocked wrists or high thumbs), we do not want even rare instances of issues to make our customers lose confidence in the P365. Therefore, we are tweaking the gun to improve RTB conditions. This will help to allow every 365 user to experience what so many have already expressed online in very positive reviews. We are making these adjustments now and will resume shipping very shortly. Thanks again for everyone’s patience."

Sounds to me like he's saying "stronger spring"...

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Sounds like I shouldn't be in too big of a hurry to get one if they are changing the sights and recoil spring.

Comiskeybum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2017
    South Bend
    I'm fine with it. Things happen. If I don't get my pre order for an additional month but get a great gun in return for the wait, that's obviously Worth it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I too am fine with the wait to correct the RTB issue and upgrade the sights. I would rather have a good gun later than a bad gun fast.

Plus...with the wait...I will be closer to the year and 1/2 from now when Sig actually releases the accessory light/laser :)

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Which P320 do you have?

None. Why would I keep a steaming POS? :):

I had a compact .40 and a compact 9mm. Both unreliable. This was shortly after they were first released. I really liked the grip feel when I handled them. so I bought a .40 compact. The .40 had too much muzzle flip when it did decide to feed and fire, so I ditched it and picked up a 9mm. Softer shooting, but still an annoying amount of muzzle flip due to the ridiculously high bore axis. Still not 100% reliable, but better than the .40 model. Ditched it and have stuck with M&Ps for carry and home defense, with the exception of a Glock 21 in the nightstand.

Glad to be rid of the P320s. Watching and waiting on the P365. The only reason I will consider the P365 is the capacity/size, otherwise, I'd just stick with my Ruger LC9s Pro for a pocket 9mm.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    If hickok45 likes, I'm in.

I know this thread has gone on but the more I see about the P365 the more it interests me as a possible replacement for my CCW Shield. I will wait for the rush to die down and, knowing Sig, it will be released in a variety of variations soon.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    If hickok45 likes, I'm in.

I know this thread has gone on but the more I see about the P365 the more it interests me as a possible replacement for my CCW Shield. I will wait for the rush to die down and, knowing Sig, it will be released in a variety of variations soon.

The one thing that hickok45 said that gives me pause is that he mentioned the grip being really small. I do like the way the Shield fits my hand, especially with the 8 round mag which is what I carry now.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    The one thing that hickok45 said that gives me pause is that he mentioned the grip being really small. I do like the way the Shield fits my hand, especially with the 8 round mag which is what I carry now.

I have a Shield 45 and had a Shield 9. The P365 that I shot seemed just as comfortable in my hand as either Shield. All depends on hand size. I would note that Hickok 45's hands are about the same as a Sasquatch, as he is 6'8". A Glock 19 would work as a pocket gun for him. :):

Top Bottom