• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I saw the P365 in the range rental counter at PB in Greenwood today but will wait until Saturday morning to shoot it, if it's available then. As intrigued as I am with this, I don't think that this would replace my P938, even with the capacity. I don't do EDC with small guns. I'll always opt for at least a mid-size gun for my EDC and I have those bases well covered. Shooting it might change my mind on adding it to the family as a pocket gun. We'll see though

1stLast&Always

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Indy No Place
    Quite confused. Many bashed the 320, yet seems the 365 is getting tons of praise. Several saying Sig doesn't make good guns anymore, they just market "lifestyle". Sig used to be highly sought after for many calibers. What happened? I am considering a 320, in .45 not 9, but hearing how they have issues, aren't good with military ball ammo. Why does it seem like everyone's excited about this Sig, but dogged the 320, and in some cases, they dog most manufacturers saying things like "they don't make good guns anymore". Well, who does make a good gun that doesn't cost $1000 these days? Since most of them went all conglomerate on us, does that mean we'll never have good guns again? Just wondering. I would think anyone who is skeptical of the 320 should be running from this too. I'm on the fence about the 320 .45 and if anyone wants to speak well of them, please convince me why, all I seem to hear these days is "New Sigs Baaad."

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I saw the P365 in the range rental counter at PB in Greenwood today but will wait until Saturday morning to shoot it, if it's available then. As intrigued as I am with this, I don't think that this would replace my P938, even with the capacity. I don't do EDC with small guns. I'll always opt for at least a mid-size gun for my EDC and I have those bases well covered. Shooting it might change my mind on adding it to the family as a pocket gun. We'll see though

I like to carry a tiny pistol as my EDC. My Kahr CM9 is great and other than low round count it suits me. I carry 2 spare mags and one of them is an 8 rounder. The P365 could replace it. I just don't see why so many have to have it right now. I read more than one report about problems going all the way into battery. I am all for waiting for Sig to get all the bugs worked out first.

Ngale496

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Fishers
    Did you guys see the latest youtube video on the 365. 1000 round range day. they took what looks like 2 of them out both new and had a lot of issues. failure to feed, light primer strikes. not going into battery. overall very disappointing results on something i was all set to buy. Definitely think ill wait till summer and let them work the bugs out.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Quite confused. Many bashed the 320, yet seems the 365 is getting tons of praise. Several saying Sig doesn't make good guns anymore, they just market "lifestyle". Sig used to be highly sought after for many calibers. What happened? I am considering a 320, in .45 not 9, but hearing how they have issues, aren't good with military ball ammo. Why does it seem like everyone's excited about this Sig, but dogged the 320, and in some cases, they dog most manufacturers saying things like "they don't make good guns anymore". Well, who does make a good gun that doesn't cost $1000 these days? Since most of them went all conglomerate on us, does that mean we'll never have good guns again? Just wondering. I would think anyone who is skeptical of the 320 should be running from this too. I'm on the fence about the 320 .45 and if anyone wants to speak well of them, please convince me why, all I seem to hear these days is "New Sigs Baaad."

The P365 hasn't been getting a ton of praise. It has been generating a lot of buzz because of the size/capacity/weight ratio. I'm one of the guys who thinks that the P320 is basically poorly engineered crap (having owned 2 of them), but given the exciting specifications of the P365, I was hopeful that Sig could get one right. As of now, I'm glad I followed by my personal policy of letting unpaid beta testers (early customers) flesh out any issues before I get too excited about a new design. I should really know better than to get excited over anything that says Sig or Chrysler on it. :):

Several manufactures make good, reliable guns that don't cost $1000. I'd trust my life to any of my M&Ps, and in fact, I do on almost a daily basis. I don't particularly care for Glock ergonomics, but I've never had a problem with the few that I have owned in the past. Still have a G21 that will not be sold. HK can hook you up with reliability for less than 10 bills. My FN FNS9 runs like a champ, cost me less than $500. And there are plenty of $1000+ guns that may not run right out of the box, despite the price tag.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    IMHO, the P320 is a good pistol. My son has a full size in .45 and it's a nice shooter. His has proven reliable and has run hundreds of FMJ rounds without an issue. I don't care for the trigger feel, but that's a personal thing. It's sad to hear of the issues that Sig is having with their first batch of the 365. Hopefully, they can get it sorted out.

1stLast&Always

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Indy No Place
    Thanks for clarifying Route 45. I trust your logic and judgement. I think with the issues I will need to go to M&P again. I own two Smiths in 9mm currently, and have been wanting to try out .45 though with a different manufacturer so I don't get biased or only train to one weapon system. Sig was my hope for that objective.

Comparatively for Smith, The do offer an affordable alternative to the M&P line. Though a lot of people diss the SD9VE (it's daddy was a Sigma, ick) there are many loyalists, and it rotates as EDC for me. Apex Tactical calls it a "hidden gem" (though they are after all trying to sell triggers for it- their article has some decent rationale).

https://www.apextactical.com/blog/index.php/random-apex/sdve-sws-hidden-gem/

I was hoping the 320 would provide the confidence I have in my SD9, or possibly the 365 might.

I am saddened to hear about all the Sig issues. You laid out a reasonable response that would lead anyone to a reasonable conclusion. We should all probably wait a while on Sig, and gun makers haven't lost all their credibility.

Last edited:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I would be sending that one back to Sig.
    Actually before sending it back to the mother ship, I would have tried a few different types of ammo. It might run better with carry ammo, compared to the Magtech "range" ammo. One cannot draw a solid conclusion based on this one test, but it is interesting. Small guns can be difficult for shooters with very large hands and for those who use the same grip and techniques that they use on full-sized guns. I'm speaking from my experience with my Kahr CM-9.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Actually before sending it back to the mother ship, I would have tried a few different types of ammo. It might run better with carry ammo, compared to the Magtech "range" ammo. One cannot draw a solid conclusion based on this one test, but it is interesting. Small guns can be difficult for shooters with very large hands and for those who use the same grip and techniques that they use on full-sized guns. I'm speaking from my experience with my Kahr CM-9.

Just seems to me that after 1000 rounds and still having a problem with it not going fully into battery that there is a problem with that particular pistol. Maybe it was large hands hitting the slide release causing an issue. I would not know about the really large hands. Maybe the fact that my hands are between medium and large is why both of my Kahr CM9's always shoot everything I feed them. From 115 grain target loads, to my 124 grain cast reloads, to my new carry ammo, 147 grain Federal HST's. I will not keep a firearm that is not reliable, so hopefully Sig gets this figured out. If it were the only time I had heard this problem with the P365, I would not think much about it. Problem is, it is not.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Just seems to me that after 1000 rounds and still having a problem with it not going fully into battery that there is a problem with that particular pistol. Maybe it was large hands hitting the slide release causing an issue. I would not know about the really large hands. Maybe the fact that my hands are between medium and large is why both of my Kahr CM9's always shoot everything I feed them. From 115 grain target loads, to my 124 grain cast reloads, to my new carry ammo, 147 grain Federal HST's. I will not keep a firearm that is not reliable, so hopefully Sig gets this figured out. If it were the only time I had heard this problem with the P365, I would not think much about it. Problem is, it is not.
    I spoke with a fellow today that had just put 150 rounds through his brand new Sig P 365 and had no malfunctions. Like I said, one video isn't definitive enough to either praise or condemn any model pistol. All Kahr CM-9's are supposed to have a break-in period. My son-in-law had malfunctions with his new CM-9 until the 50 round mark; then smooth sailing. I bought my Kahr CM-9 used, so the previous owner broke it in for me. No problems with it so far. Like I said, it could be an ammo problem, since all 1,000 rounds were with one brand ammo. Undoubtedly, I wouldn't carry a pistol that had malfunctions until the problem(s) were figured out. The 1,000 round test actually left me with more questions than answers. I compared my Kahr CM-9 with the Sig P 365 today side-by-side. They are just about the same size. The P 365 is IMHO a true pocket pistol.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I compared my Kahr CM-9 with the Sig P 365 today side-by-side. They are just about the same size. The P 365 is IMHO a true pocket pistol.

This is what really got me interested. This and the 10 round mag. When the specs came out, I thought, "Dang! That is barely bigger than my CM9!" I would like to see some pictures of that comparison. When somebody can get them.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I spoke with a fellow today that had just put 150 rounds through his brand new Sig P 365 and had no malfunctions. Like I said, one video isn't definitive enough to either praise or condemn any model pistol. All Kahr CM-9's are supposed to have a break-in period. My son-in-law had malfunctions with his new CM-9 until the 50 round mark; then smooth sailing. I bought my Kahr CM-9 used, so the previous owner broke it in for me. No problems with it so far. Like I said, it could be an ammo problem, since all 1,000 rounds were with one brand ammo. Undoubtedly, I wouldn't carry a pistol that had malfunctions until the problem(s) were figured out. The 1,000 round test actually left me with more questions than answers. I compared my Kahr CM-9 with the Sig P 365 today side-by-side. They are just about the same size. The P 365 is IMHO a true pocket pistol.

Yes, that's exactly the way that I felt after watching the 1,000 round test. More trials will be forthcoming. Then, we'll have a better feel for the reliability of this new pistol.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Being the minimal, simplistic type a guy that I am, I have, as usual, effectively talked myself out of trying one of these.:)

I really like my Shield, I trust my life with it and I hope I never shoot it outside of the range. And if I do, I hope I can get the job done with 2 less rounds. If not, well then game over.

So, now that I saved $500 by not buying it, i'm thinking about adding a laser to the Shield and getting Tucker to make me a new holster for it. See what I did here; I saved money!:):

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Being the minimal, simplistic type a guy that I am, I have, as usual, effectively talked myself out of trying one of these.:)

I really like my Shield, I trust my life with it and I hope I never shoot it outside of the range. And if I do, I hope I can get the job done with 2 less rounds. If not, well then game over.

So, now that I saved $500 by not buying it, i'm thinking about adding a laser to the Shield and getting Tucker to make me a new holster for it. See what I did here; I saved money!:):
    "The only time an aircraft has too much fuel on board is when it is on fire!" To me this carries over to magazine capacity.

Top Bottom