• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Range report... Sorry no pics and I'm not doddg but here goes. :dunno:
    Picked one up yesterday and just had a chance to put a few rounds downranage today (less than 50) but I'm really impressed.. Great trigger, functioned flawlessly with thunderbolts and less felt recoil than a TX22.. I'm a huge fan of the TX22 but I believe this may be even better. I"ll get an optic mounted up and give it a through test one day next week. TX22 set up for an optic soon to be on the block.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Picked one up yesterday and just had a chance to put a few rounds downranage today (less than 50) but I'm really impressed.. Great trigger, functioned flawlessly with thunderbolts and less felt recoil than a TX22.. I'm a huge fan of the TX22 but I believe this may be even better. I"ll get an optic mounted up and give it a through test one day next week. TX22 set up for an optic soon to be on the block.
    mischievous-sinister.gif

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I got to run a couple mags out of one a SIG rep had yesterday. For a soulless Polymer pistol the 322 was pretty good.

And unlike most other companies little brother 22’s the 322 is at least made in the same plant and not subcontracted like FN 502 and others

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    When I was at the Greenwood Point Blank Monday & asked the manager if there was an update in getting the Sig 322 since the week before someone working there said 4 or 6 weeks.
    He said they had 2 of them that sold the previous Friday!
    I went to the range Tues, Wed, & Thurs BUT NOT FRIDAY! :ugh:
    He didn't remember what it sold for but he thought it was $400 or maybe $380, which was encouraging. :thumbsup:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Here are comments taken from reading range reports on the Sig 322
    Good & bad, mostly good.

- Well, after a grueling morning/afternoon and a thousand rounds later, I hate to say this but my new pistol has a stove piping/failure to feed/failure to eject/material issue.
    - Will have to send back for repairs
    - So you enrolled in Sig’s customary beta test program. I’m sure they will make it right though.
    - lol... yes... it's an involuntary program that includes all buyers of new product rollouts and lasts for the first 18 months.
    - Jim Grant of Ammoland.com He concluded that the P322 was extremely reliable
    - the gun is literally peerless in terms of reliability and you have a recipe for total market dominance.
    - I’ve read one range report where the P322 had a 50% FTF/FTE rate.
    Could this be due to the 20 rd mag?
    - And that brings me to the most impressive aspect of the new P322: reliability.
    - I personally fired around 700 rounds of CCI ammo through the gun as it ships from the factory
    – I also fired 200 rounds through a different P322 with a SIG suppressor attached.
    - In both instances, neither gun ever encountered a failure to eject or failure to feed.
    - In fact, the only issue encountered the entire day across dozens of pistols firing thousands of rounds, was a handful of failures to detonate.
    - Throughout the entire review, the P322 never encountered a single mechanical malfunction. IMG - -- Jim Grant
    I fired an auto-loading rimfire handgun 700 times without a mechanical malfunction.
    As someone who has owned their fair share of .22 pistols,
    I can tell you from exhaustive experience,
    that most suffer a stovepipe within 50 rounds consistently.
    - In fact, prior to this event, I had never seen a rimfire pistol capable of flawless operation beyond 200 rounds with the possible exception of my personal Ruger MKIII – and that was using Eley ammo and an immaculately clean gun.
    - What’s even better is that the gun has a MAP of $399 – which likely means shooters will see them sell for around $450-$500 initially,
    but then drop down in price once supply catches up with demand.
    - They tells us they’ve run the P322 to 24,000 rounds and counting, including 5000 dry fire trigger pulls.
    - One of the things SIG did to improve the reliability of the P322 was to add fluting to the chamber.
    Does that work? Apparently.

- In the thousands of rounds we shot at the press event, we didn’t have a single case of rimlock.
    - we fed it a variety of ammo — Winchester Wildcat, Armscor, Federal Gold Medal Ultramatch, CCI Standard, American Eagle Suppressor Subsonic, and Federal Hunter Match in bullet weights from 36 to 45 grains. Some were lead bullets, some were plated. Some were waxed, some were lubed. The P322 cycled all of it without fail.
    - Ratings (out of five stars):
    Reliability * * * * *
    This is where the pistol really shines.
    SIG claims it shoots everything they fed it and the P322 shot everything we could find to put into it, from lighter weight bullets to slower subsonics.
    They all went bang and cycled consistently.

Literally the only way we found to make the gun fail (short of a bad rimfire round) was to load the magazine incorrectly.
    - Accuracy * * * *
    Flat shooting and tight groups out to 25 yards from a 4-inch barrel.
    - The trigger with either shoe on it breaks clean right at the 6 o’clock position at just
    2 lbs 12 ounces on my Lyman trigger scale with a predictable takeup, a clean break, and a more normal audible and tactile reset akin to a Glock trigger.
    - I had probably fired close to 1,000 rounds or more from the P322.
    All of them seemed to be quite impressed with the performance of the little pistol and aside from a handful of light primer strikes caused by fouling of the breech face, our squad didn’t encounter any malfunctions despite our best efforts to induce some sort of consistent malfunction.
    - I spent a couple of hundred bucks on various 22LR ammunition including CCI Mini Mags, CCI Quiet, CCI Standard Velocity, CCI Stingers, CCI Velocitors, Remington Golden Bullet, Winchester Super X, Winchester Bulk, Herter’s, Federal Bulk, CCI Quiet, Remington Thunderbolt, Federal Subsonic, Federal Punch, Aguila Super Extra, and a couple of oddballs like Aguila 60-grain Sniper Subsonic, and CCI 22 Short CB.
    - In total, my personal pistol has seen over 6,000 rounds to date and has received no cleaning except for a couple of cautionary runs of a bore snake after about 2,000 rounds.
    - After the first 5,500-rounds, I took the pistol to yet another steel challenge match without cleaning it and was able to complete the match using CCI Mini-Mags, and only then did I start to see a handful of light primer strikes similar to the ones we saw during the media event.
    - I did notice one flaw in terms of ammunition compatibility.
    - I didn’t expect any of the CCI Quiet, or CCI 22 Short CB, to cycle the gun so there were no surprises there.
    - However, I noticed that Truncated cone-style bullets and some hollow points tended to get hung up inside of the magazine or didn’t want to feed correctly.
    - In the first 2,500-round ammo torture test, about 500 rounds of Winchester 36-grain copper-plated hollow points were run through the gun and we had in total about a dozen of the same type of malfunction pictured above.
    -Surprisingly, Aguila 60-grain Sniper Subsonic ammunition not only cycles the pistol but it’s beyond Hollywood quiet with a suppressor and once again this just makes the pistol super fun to shoot.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I can’t decide between this or the TX22
    I have about 300, what I consider flawless rounds through the 322 now and also have a TX22.. I will use the Sig for my own training because it fits my hand a little better, the optic mount is integral and the accuracy is on par with a target pistol. Sig mags started out only accepting 18 rounds but have now loosened up to accept 19 rounds easily and 20 with a little finesse. I don't think you will be disappointed with either one.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I can’t decide between this or the TX22
    I know someone who has & loves the TX22.
    He bought another 22 pistol recently & now prefers it to the TX22 (not for me to say what he bought till he gives permission).
    So, there is nothing sacred about a popular gun, haha!

I never bought the TX b/c 3 friend's would let me shoot theirs, & even though it did have a better trigger & the convenient 16 rds, it didn't shoot any better than what I already had.

Being caught up in the hype, I have high hopes for the Sig 322 being a better shooter than the TX, but haven't read of anyone who has compared them yet.

That's what I like to do & when I get a Sig 322, I'll do a comparison like I did with the Glock 44 that I had fun with for over 2000 rds before I was done with it.

Note: UPDATE
    Just saw someone's range comparison of the two & they were similar.

Last edited:

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Flat shooting and tight groups out to 25 yards from a 4-inch barrel.
    - The trigger with either shoe on it breaks clean right at the 6 o’clock position at just
    2 lbs 12 ounces on my Lyman trigger scale with a predictable takeup, a clean break, and a more normal audible and tactile reset akin to a Glock trigger.

Wonder what tight groups mean in this case? A clean breaking 2lb 12 ounce trigger would be amazing in a mass produced pistol in this price range! I will most likely buy a P322 when the frenzy is over with. I have wanted a service style 22 pistol with optics ready slide for some time now , one of the reasons I never bought a G44 . The P322 will be a nice addition to my P226 and P365.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    I haven't been excited about a firearm since Springfield came out with the Ronin 10mm. Yeah it wasn't to long ago I know. The P322 gets my blood flowing thinking of the fun I can have and watching the grandchildren burn through 42rds in about 10 seconds or less.
    Yep I will get one of these when a lgs gets one in.

DS, what "local" gun store are you using...?

Top Bottom