• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Judamonster

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2022
    This is my result after 50 rounds at 7 yards. At least I am consistent. I have tried choking it, loosely holding it, bracing on a table, 10 & 12 round mags, Hogue shooting.jpg grips, and every conceivable combination of hand positions with no change. I change weapons and shoot a full frame .40 Springfield and 70% will hit the 3" circle. I am tempted to order different sights to compensate for whatever is going on, I am at a loss. my slide is not milled for a red dot. I am starting to think the grip is too narrow for me to ever be accurate. My left hand cannot touch the pistol frame, there is no exposed grip. My right hand covers 100% of it. Anyone have any suggestions? I have never had the down flinch before, and it is shockingly hard to tell if I am doing it now. shooting.jpg

Last edited:

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Do you know someone who is a decent shooter to let them try. Many a time I have had people cussing who though there sights were off and I grabbed their gun and it shot poa.

Colts Ironman

Sua Sponte, Rangers Lead the Way
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 22, 2021
    NW Indianapolis
    This is a common thing with many micros. I have seen this on many forums and people I know, including me have done this. Same thing with the G43x for me. Practice, practice, practice. Easier said given the cost of ammo but really has not much to do with the gun. Unless the sights are off. Dry fire exercises can help if you remember to also use the same technique during live. I had gotten a MantisX to use on the range which can help show how you're doing. Maybe try something like that to see if you can adjust for improvement?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It is too small for me. I found I would periodically adjust my grip to keep a hold of it.
    Most any time a right hand shooter says they are shooting low and left, I figure they are flinching a little bit or anticipating it. Practice dry firing it.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I sold my first M&P because it was shooting low/left. The next pistol I bought: same thing. So I handed it to my brother and he promptly fired 5 rounds to POA.

It was me. Still is. I have to keep practicing to not have that happen.

P365 is a very small pistol. Too small for me to consider. Like other's have said, get someone else to shoot it (maybe a couple people) to confirm sights are right. If so, then you will have to either put in the reps or get something else.

We should be able to shoot pretty much anything well. The reality is for most of us, we can't.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Same thing occured with me, the P365 is too small IMHO. Consider throwing a Wilson Combat XL sized grip on it I about grantee that it will for your low and to the left problem.

Judamonster

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2022
    I have had 1
    Do you know someone who is a decent shooter to let them try. Many a time I have had people cussing who though there sights were off and I grabbed their gun and it shot poa.
    Same thing occured with me, the P365 is too small IMHO. Consider throwing a Wilson Combat XL sized grip on it I about grantee that it will for your low and to the left problem.
    I ordered it, figure it cannot hurt. I really want to like this one. Thanks!

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    ttMlhAP.jpg

TKyAX7e.jpg

It really gives it a more 1911 esque feel to the grip, and adds just enough of a palmswell that it helps a lot. I have a good friend that also got one for his P365XL and he likes it just as much. Never thought I would say a $70~ grip swap would make such a big difference honestly.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    This is my result after 50 rounds at 7 yards. At least I am consistent. I have tried choking it, loosely holding it, bracing on a table, 10 & 12 round mags, Hogue View attachment 221252 grips, and every conceivable combination of hand positions with no change. I change weapons and shoot a full frame .40 Springfield and 70% will hit the 3" circle. I am tempted to order different sights to compensate for whatever is going on, I am at a loss. my slide is not milled for a red dot. I am starting to think the grip is too narrow for me to ever be accurate. My left hand cannot touch the pistol frame, there is no exposed grip. My right hand covers 100% of it. Anyone have any suggestions? I have never had the down flinch before, and it is shockingly hard to tell if I am doing it now. View attachment 221252
    You’re invited as my guest on my range and I can check it out and advise. Pm me to take advantage of this offer before you waste any money.

BoilerWes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Pendleton
    Honest Outlaw on YouTube says that he consistently will shoot Sigs low and left. He has commented before that he attributes it to him “jerking the trigger.” I’m not technically sound enough to tell you if that’s what you are doing.

Trebor657

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 1, 2017
    Fort wayne
    I too had this issue with my 365...I am 6'4" and have above average sized hands...I am a decent shooter but just couldn't get a good or consistent group...I tried various things and practiced alot with an ELMS System...I managed to get a little more consistent and narrowed it down to hand size vs. grip size....I tried talon grips with some improvement but not good enough...I recently purchased a Hogue Grip sleeve and immediately noticed a marked improvement....tighter groups and more on POA....may be your issue also and for under $10, its worth a try...Good luck..

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Sig sauer uses the combat sight picture (that won’t explain you shooting to the left)
    but that might explain you shooting low

Attachments

• 129E2C60-16CB-4E35-8994-19BF66A8F28B.jpeg
      129E2C60-16CB-4E35-8994-19BF66A8F28B.jpeg
      56.4 KB · Views: 21

Judamonster

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2022
    I too had this issue with my 365...I am 6'4" and have above average sized hands...I am a decent shooter but just couldn't get a good or consistent group...I tried various things and practiced alot with an ELMS System...I managed to get a little more consistent and narrowed it down to hand size vs. grip size....I tried talon grips with some improvement but not good enough...I recently purchased a Hogue Grip sleeve and immediately noticed a marked improvement....tighter groups and more on POA....may be your issue also and for under $10, its worth a try...Good luck..
    Already tried it, I may try again on the xl frame.
    Where is your support thumb during live fire?
    I have been keeping it on the accessory rail up front, and have tried sliding it foreward and back with no change. I am keeping both thumbs forward.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Already tried it, I may try again on the xl frame.

I have been keeping it on the accessory rail up front, and have tried sliding it foreward and back with no change. I am keeping both thumbs forward.
    Does it just rest there or do you apply just a bit of pressure? I use just a bit of pressure with my support thumb and it really helps the end of the pistol from walking when squeezing the trigger

Judamonster

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2022
    Does it just rest there or do you apply just a bit of pressure? I use just a bit of pressure with my support thumb and it really helps the end of the pistol from walking when squeezing the trigger
    I rest it there. I am trying to apply pressure with my left index on the trigger guard. I think I need to play with my support hand more, figure out how to "pinch" the front without interfering with trigger pull. I hope the larger grip helps as well.

Ahap

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 27, 2022
    Evansville
    I also feel like there is not enough real estate for a good grip on my P365, and I am also consistently 3-4" low at 10yd. Not more than 30 minutes ago, I ordered a #8 front and #10 rear sight from Ameriglo. I'll report my results here when I try it out.

Top Bottom