• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm not clear on the reference, so I missed the joke. In referencing my long-ago high school German classes, I thought there was some implied gender in using der, die, or das. Was just kinda trying to lighten the mood a little... no offense meant, or taken.
    None taken at all

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Nothing could, should, or would have the resounding message and fortitude of the stars and bars. There is no substitute, replacement,or otherwise good GD reason to take away from my country's flag. For any purpose. Gay, straight, black, white, WTF-ever...we are American. First and foremost. Everything else is second best. That's the F why. Absolute BS.

justacog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2018
    Brownstown
    Every time one of these random topic "pride" things kicks off, I imagine a bunch of people with irritable bowel syndrome marching down main street, pumping fists in the air, and waving brown flags chanting "explosive diarrhea pride!"

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Nothing could, should, or would have the resounding message and fortitude of the stars and bars. There is no substitute, replacement,or otherwise good GD reason to take away from my country's flag. For any purpose. Gay, straight, black, white, WTF-ever...we are American. First and foremost. Everything else is second best. That's the F why. Absolute BS.
    I don't think that means what you think that mean.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    He meant the American Flag. We all understood that.

You are trying to read into it what your mind is saturated with.
    Yes, yes confederate flag blah blah blah. Very narrow thinking.

giphy.gif

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    He meant the American Flag. We all understood that.

You are trying to read into it what your mind is saturated with.
    Yes, yes confederate flag blah blah blah. Very narrow thinking.

giphy.gif
    I’m clear, hence why I said it didn’t mean what he thought it meant. Don’t get triggered because I referenced that mistake. I’m Southern after all.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Don't care what your cause is. There is 1 flag that should be flying at our embassies.

While we're talking flags, we really need to get back to basics on who we fly the flag at half-staff for. There are plenty of standards we could employ, but pick a logical one that involves people of national or state-wide renown and stick with it.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I’m clear, hence why I said it didn’t mean what he thought it meant. Don’t get triggered because I referenced that mistake. I’m Southern after all.
    I'm not a Southerner and I caught it. I'm sure that it wasn't intentional when he probably meant "Stars and Stripes" I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since he obviously meant the post pertaining to the American flag as all inclusive.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Don't care what your cause is. There is 1 flag that should be flying at our embassies.

While we're talking flags, we really need to get back to basics on who we fly the flag at half-staff for. There are plenty of standards we could employ, but pick a logical one that involves people of national or state-wide renown and stick with it.
    ab897ab99fb3c0b93db31cdac88920fb.gif

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    IndyDave, thanks for the thoughtful response to my question regarding the Old Testament. I really appreciate it! Not what I expected (that's not a good or bad thing, obviously, just an observation), but I do like that explanation!!

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I think you know exactly what I meant. So that must mean that I know what I mean. And if they know what I meant, and we know what I meant then we have a common understanding yes? Whether you agree or not, you just did. Agree. Or not.

Let's go ahead and play it early to avoid prolonged exposure. It's gonna happen sooner or later.
    e40888bdc485a1020ec6ba92ed0da5af.jpg

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    IndyDave, thanks for the thoughtful response to my question regarding the Old Testament. I really appreciate it! Not what I expected (that's not a good or bad thing, obviously, just an observation), but I do like that explanation!!
    I missed most of this thread, but any thread where TR vs. MT is mentioned.... :thumbsup:

An interesting book on the whole, "Why do we follow some OT rules, but not others?" Is Slave, Women, and Homosexuals. It's basically a light explanation of Christian hermaneutics about those three topics. (Hint: one of those three is still a no-no.)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think you know exactly what I meant. So that must mean that I know what I mean. And if they know what I meant, and we know what I meant then we have a common understanding yes? Whether you agree or not, you just did. Agree. Or not.

Let's go ahead and play it early to avoid prolonged exposure. It's gonna happen sooner or later.
    The saying "I think," isn't the same as "I know." For all I know, you might have honestly thought you were using the correct verbiage. Sorry if it hurt your feeling. Leaving off a "%" didn't hurt mine. :dunno:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I missed most of this thread, but any thread where TR vs. MT is mentioned.... :thumbsup:

An interesting book on the whole, "Why do we follow some OT rules, but not others?" Is Slave, Women, and Homosexuals. It's basically a light explanation of Christian hermaneutics about those three topics. (Hint: one of those three is still a no-no.)
    Outside of the 10 Commandments, the only "rules" to follow are in the NT.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

What does questioning the the "stars & bars" have to do with race?

As a white dude, I'd be offended is any US org flew it. Why would we honor something that tore our country apart and led to the death of over a half a million people?

Maybe I'm naive, but if that really is what you meant, is the implication that a CSA flag is anti-homosexual?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Outside of the 10 Commandments, the only "rules" to follow are in the NT.
    That's a bit myopic. I mean Acts 10:9-16 is one of my favorite parts of the Bible, but there's lots of wisdom to be gleaned.

However, if you're wanting to get rigid with what a rule is and following them... no thanks, I don't want to go back to fundamental Baptist and their NT rules on attire. Been there, done that, my sister's got the skirts.

Top Bottom