• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ruspath

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I have not seen a post yet on how the Schroeder Bauman shoots. Bought on based on workmanship, being in Ft Wayne, and faith.

image.jpg First 8 shots, 7 yards.

image.jpg Next 70, 7 yards

image.jpg 15 yards "rested" which 8 never do and it is an odd action for a 1911. 19 degrees gun can do better than my my effort. Something funny about this site that rotates photos on an IPad...........

ended up shooting 150 blazer brass round ball. No break in,no failures. No FTF, FTE, Brass in a nice pile 6 feet to the side. Very smooth action with the most excellent fit and finish, and a ceramic type coating on slide and frame junction. Didn't feel the slide moving unlike some other 1911s I have. I have/had Gold Cup, Kimber Eclipse, Sig Ultra, Sig Scorpion....... This beats them all. This is a hand fitted custom gun at a discount since they are new. VERY Impressed, and I am picky. 5 thumbs up. :yesway:

brokemule

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Ossian, IN
    So, after your first go round do you think this pistol is worthy of it's price tag? I have looked at them a couple of times, just not in my budget right now

Ruspath

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks. Doing a gun reorganizing. Traded in 4 to soften the cost. Streamlining to 1911 and Glock, and just struck by the workmanship. Range gun, possible night table gun. Never have seen a Wilson et al, lot of coin for sight unseen. This is not a stock gun. Called the factory, asked if I could get some Novak tritium night sights put on.... You in Ft Wayne? Yep. Come in anytime, $80, we will put me on. Went up that morning, came back at 1230 and picked it up then was offered a tour. I mean, what is that??? Everybody professional, courteous saw all the milling machines, starter blocks to finished parts. State of the art equipment and they are machinists. The owner used to do DOD and NASA WORK (demanding specs) then three years ago decided he wanted to make 1911s so this has been planned and developed. Never met him, fellow member at Hillside in Roanoke, which is where I bought it. Officers in alloy are nice too. Automated, but all hand finished. For me it is well worth the price. This is not a stock gun, much higher end but discounted to get out there. I have an Ultra and Kimber Eclipse, love them both, but this is a higher level of workmanship. They put some kind of ceramic coating mating the fram and slide meeting surfaces. Slick as glass, and no fouling or binding after 150 rounds.

View attachment 24118

View attachment 24119

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I posted when I shot a couple of their demos.
    Thursday, I noticed one that was in our display case had an issue, so our AGS rep picked it up and took it back. We'll get a replacement when the officer models become available, as it's what we really wanted in the case to begin with.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Our demo gun has had about 3500rds thorough it, mostly Wolf. Accuracy is good, and the reliability is up to my standards. I'm not typically a 1911 guy, but these are built solid and customers thus far have been happy. The biggest thing I like about dealing with S&B on the distribution side, is that they listen. Every time we go out and receive feedback from customers and/or dealers that we can give to them to improve the product.. The listen and make the changes needed. It's refreshing deal with a company like this.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Thursday, I noticed one that was in our display case had an issue, so our AGS rep picked it up and took it back. We'll get a replacement when the officer models become available, as it's what we really wanted in the case to begin with.

No jet on the grips? :)

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Last edited:

Phil~

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2012
    Transient wanderer..
    You guys' will have your pistol back tomorrow all warmed over, updated and purring like a swiss watch! You're gonna love the trigger Jet-Girl...Mmmmm-Hmmmmm!! PLUS, Chad *should* be able to bring you an American Liberty as well, as we want to make sure you folk's are taken care of for the upcoming weekend.

Have a super day! :ingo:

-Philster

Phil~

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2012
    Transient wanderer..
    Almost forgot...

Aaron and Jahred are in Arizona right now and they'll be traveling to different areas as they host a number of demo's over the next few days with HTA Suppressors and Schroeder-Bauman Billet S/S 1911 Pistols.

You can follow their travels and subsequent sales trip antics here: https://www.facebook.com/AGSAC#!/AGSAC

What happens on the road...stays on the road..kinda-- unless it's some REALLY good stuff!! LoL! :lmfao:

*BTW- OP, congrat's on your new aquisition! I concur with you...they are AWESOME pistols to shoot and in their craftsmanship! Happy Shooting and enjoy!

Last edited:

Phil~

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2012
    Transient wanderer..
    Nothing.

Can't help with HOLIDAYS, crappy snowy/rainy weather, super-cold, windy, everyone gone either on vacation or in/out of the office making sales calls, (one of which was to you) tying up loose ends before the end of the year--- you know, necessary business stuff to keep everyone happy. No worries however- your time is coming soon and patience is a virtue young grasshopper...:p

Phil.. "not meaning to hi-jack this thread" ..ster

:)

Speaking of "forgot"...
    What happened to the demo shoots you were going to set up between Thanksgiving and Christmas?

Top Bottom