• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    Well, so much for Shreve being a good alternative to Hogsett. I immediately texted as requested by Guy.

Republican mayoral candidate Shreve calls for stricter gun control in public safety plan​

https://www.indystar.com/story/news...public-safety-plan-november-2023/70410256007/

Via Facebook

Guy A. Relford

star_filled_24_fds-gray-70.png
    Favorites · ·

IMPORTANT!!!
    The Shreve for Mayor Campaign has sent out a request that his supporters text “SAFE” to 70747 as a sign of support for his nonsensical gun control proposal. Please TELL ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS AND CONTACTS to text “FAIL” to 70747! We need to flood his texts with a strong statement that Hoosiers do not support a turncoat RINO who is now attacking gun rights in Indiana.
    THANKS for your help. Please share - and then share again!!

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    From the Indy-Red-Star...

Strict gun control

In a break from his Republican colleagues at the Indianapolis City-County Council and the Indiana General Assembly, Shreve called for working with the state legislature to give Indianapolis the ability to set its own, stricter gun control laws.

WTF moron. Where is the 'I'm with stupid' icon?

Can you imagine the focus group meeting... "What do you think guys, is this a good idea for a presser?" Moron(s) plural.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Cross-posting but I think this one deserves it's own thread. FAIL!!

STOP THE PRESSES!!

From the Indiana State Rifle and Pistol Association.

URGENT CALL TO ACTION!​

The Shreve for Mayor Campaign (Indianapolis/Marion County) sent out a message to Text “SAFE” to 70747 for support of his Nonsensical Gun Control Proposal .....

TELL ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS to text “FAIL” to 70747!

ISRPA President Charlie Hiltunen joined The Gun Guy, Guy Relford on WIBC Saturday July 15 to discuss the proposal. For a link to the pod cast Click HERE.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Cross-posting but I think this one deserves it's own thread. FAIL!!

STOP THE PRESSES!!

From the Indiana State Rifle and Pistol Association.

URGENT CALL TO ACTION!​

The Shreve for Mayor Campaign (Indianapolis/Marion County) sent out a message to Text “SAFE” to 70747 for support of his Nonsensical Gun Control Proposal .....

TELL ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS to text “FAIL” to 70747!

ISRPA President Charlie Hiltunen joined The Gun Guy, Guy Relford on WIBC Saturday July 15 to discuss the proposal. For a link to the pod cast Click HERE.

I’m all for pushing back against this traitor. Can anyone else confirm Cm’s comments here?

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    Marion County (Indianapolis) did vote about 65% to 35% Democrat-to-Republican in the last election IIRC.

A run-of-the-mill slimy dishonorable politician that cared more for power than principles might take an anti-gun position simply to get support from confused and ignorant voters while knowing his position was detrimental to our society.

Ah, never mind, that could never happen.

rebase

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 25, 2019
    Indianapolis
    DONE - As always - thanks Kelly & BJ!

Given this - I'd definitely support those reps that are able to do even more at the state level to carve out explicit rights for those with lifetime licenses.

Im no lawyer but here are some ideas that are likely bad:

- Prohibition on cities defining additional prohibited places (ala Bruen). This probably already exists, but I'll point it out anyways
    - New type of LCH or endorsement that grants CCW license holder access to some existing prohibited places - ie statefair, schools, etc. Perhaps a more exhaustive background check in exchange for a license endorsement, ie good guy stamp.
    - Rename License to Carry Handgun to be something like License to Carry Concealed Handgun (lifetime). Something that even the most braindead Anti2A-er cant make a coherent argument against.
    - Add explicit writing on the back of the existing license that makes it very obvious that LCH ensures right to carry concealed, open, or anywhere in between.

Steppers gonna step - I (stupidly) thought a lifetime license would solve all of that. And under current state law it does, but one bad bill in a flipped state legislature would undo all of that.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    'Bout time this subject got it's own thread...

...as opposed to getting lumped into that Hogsett name calling thread. :rolleyes:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm guessing they are counting any response to that number as support, but could well be wrong. Wouldn't surprise me.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    DONE - As always - thanks Kelly & BJ!

Given this - I'd definitely support those reps that are able to do even more at the state level to carve out explicit rights for those with lifetime licenses.

Im no lawyer but here are some ideas that are likely bad:

- Prohibition on cities defining additional prohibited places (ala Bruen). This probably already exists, but I'll point it out anyways
    - New type of LCH or endorsement that grants CCW license holder access to some existing prohibited places - ie statefair, schools, etc. Perhaps a more exhaustive background check in exchange for a license endorsement, ie good guy stamp.
    - Rename License to Carry Handgun to be something like License to Carry Concealed Handgun (lifetime). Something that even the most braindead Anti2A-er cant make a coherent argument against.
    - Add explicit writing on the back of the existing license that makes it very obvious that LCH ensures right to carry concealed, open, or anywhere in between.

Steppers gonna step - I (stupidly) thought a lifetime license would solve all of that. And under current state law it does, but one bad bill in a flipped state legislature would undo all of that.
    Are you proposing these? If so, I think the tiered approach you mention here:
    • New type of LCH or endorsement that grants CCW license holder access to some existing prohibited places - ie statefair, schools, etc. Perhaps a more exhaustive background check in exchange for a license endorsement, ie good guy stamp.
    Is a bad idea. We should NOT accept (let alone advocate for) restrictions and tiering that can then be controlled by the powers that be. Could well be used to seriously restrict and create classes of carry. Constitutional carry is the way, and we have it. There should not be those that are "more constitutionally approved" than others.

Not attacking, just pointing out that this would be a serious no go for me.

Top Bottom