Show your HT setups (purchased, DIY, works in progress welcome)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kingrat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Evansville
    Show your H(ome)T(heatre) setups (purchased, DIY, works in progress welcome)

as if you cant tell by the title, show it if you got it

been working on this for a little bit, finally finished the subs up about a month ago and the first two main speakers a little before that

pretty much normal stuff, samsung 42" led backlight tv, onkyo tx602 reciever (iirc)

main speakers are "econowave" inspired however not using tried and true drivers/crossovers, eminence kappalite 3012ho crossed at 1.5khz with selenium DT2500ti compression drivers on CD horns, they sound the same way off axis as on axis due to constant directivity, not measured yet but approximately 98db/1w/1m efficient (turned to -12 on the reciever to match the other tiny speakers at +4 or so)

subwoofers are 2x exodus maelstrom 21", sealed 10.5cuft internal volume and they will run down to around 16hz before falling off noticeably in room, might go a bit lower after stuffing as they are a bit small, running off a crown (indiana company btw) XLS 2500, 775wpc into 4ohms, eq'd with a velodyne sms1

YouTube - Dual Maelstrom 21s - Opus Dei YouTube - Dual Maelstrom 21 - Bassotronics - Bass will destroy you

so far im suprised i havent broken any windows, but i have knocked a loaded glock off of my closet shelf (luckily it didnt explode) and unscrewed a lightbulb in my roommates bathroom

Last edited:

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    why would you want to damage your hearing with this? i really wish you could see what its like to wear hearing aids, then you will see how lucky you are and how dumb this really is. and how annoying it is when some idiot pulls up next to you with the music so loud its distorted

Kingrat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Evansville
    we have a winner, i dont damage my hearing thanks as i dont listen at the levels shown, its all overhead

edit:
    warning, "in my self defense" post coming

poor quality youtube videos would have the additional benefit of being wholly uninteresting without showing off a little bit right? and the entire purpose of way overbuilding is to have less distortion (and more bandwidth in this case) at normal volumes, the distortion you hear is my camera and the house itself

i would worry more about the house at lower frequencies than my hearing anyway, i think parts of it would start breaking before my hearing would go and since you are an expert on hearing loss you know bass is less damaging to ears than treble and midrange

i shouldnt eat bacon and mcgangbangs (mcchicken in a double cheeseburger), i should exercise, but you gotta have some fun right?

now.....let the meaningful posts begin (i hope)

Last edited:

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    That's effening sweet!
    Never been into HT as much, but was into car audio for a while.
    Wifey's Camaro will still make your ears bleed!!
    And before I hear bad Jim, you'll go deaf!!.........They're my ears. Besides, the years of construction sites have already killed my hearing.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I am in progress and have some good stuff starting out, I got the equipment in my closet and ordered a rf based reperter system so I can keep most of my equipment in the closet and still use my remotes. I got a in wall cabinet for around the TV location and pulled lots of cables into it but I did not buy HDMI cables for it yet.

I have Klispch's speakers for mid and highs and a difinitive technologies sub. klispch center and Looking at some Polk audio rears for in cieling. Denion 5-1 reciever but it only has coax out but for a 1990's reciever it is nice. The TV is now the main stumbling block. My rear projection went out. I don;t know if I want to spend the money to fix it or go with a new flat screen and mount (well I know I want a new one but cash it tight and I just spent 490 at the 1500 today so the TV budget got broken into.)

I will post some pic's of my setup later this week along with a house I am doing on the side.

Here is a pic of some of the ones I installed at Lucas Oil for all you fans to enjoy: I also have done many of your area school gyms and stages along with The Circle theater and the marut shine audio and the stage at the shriners in Indy and many churches.

DSC02184.jpg

DSC02529.jpg

My stuff is just normal home stuff compaired to what I do at work.

Let me know if you need any help or have an Idea but need some good equipment or a little direction. I would be happy to help out a little.

Top Bottom